Otis Clay - Only Way Is Up

Guest BIG H

Guest BIG H

Got 2 copies of this on Echo and both have "needle burn" crackle, ones all the way through, so dug out the other copy, that i've only played once or twice and looks absolutely mint and thats got it but it at the start, the Special Kind Of Love side plays fine so was just wondering was it a pressing fault and are they all like that

Harry thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest BIG H

thanks all,:thumbsup:

ah well looks like most are the same then, whats the going rate on this now?

i wouldve said £10 but after seeing that so many sides of you goes for £50 i'm prob way out

Harry

Social source share

thanks all,:thumbsup:

ah well looks like most are the same then, whats the going rate on this now?

i wouldve said £10 but after seeing that so many sides of you goes for £50 i'm prob way out

Harry

about 50 quid for a minter but as you can see, minters are hard to come by and they dont stay mint for long

Social source share

Was legally repressed on a 12" a few years ago for a film soundtrack & was tucked away on the b side so missed by most.

Without a doubt the 12" is the best way to own this as the sound quality is far better than the 7" and also the album cut.

Sorry but can't remember the label details at the moment but if anyone wants to know shout up & I'll dig it out & get back to you.

Social source share

Guest Darks

Don't think it is a soundtrack but rather a promo 12" for a Cold Cut compilation. Two other tracks on it but can't remember what.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

ive had a copy for 27 years and it hissed from the day i got it , and it hasnt gone worse so they must all be the same from the off, messin with my mind from same label is fine though ?? :hatsoff2:

I've had a 7" Echo copy for many years. It plays loud & great with no hiss either side.

Social source share

• 7 years later...

This is one of the reasons why i never wind a record back to cue it up, Styrene is notorious for Cue Burn but won't take the risk after one or two disasters, no matter how good the stylus or cartridge fitted, some vinyl just can'y take it, styrene is definitely a No No.  Rick. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert