Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Another little gem from Donnie Elbert , another cheapie but good

DONNIE ELBERT - THIS FEELING OF LOSING YOU - ALL PLATINUM

Enjoy !

Swifty :thumbsup:

not sure what the other Donnie Elbert you're referring to Swifty....but this is a lovely track that i tend to play lots when i go to my boxes :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Classy girlie tune from me today,this so underrated & sounds brilliant played out.

Cheers

Martyn

theres a recent thread on this one. there is another version (cant remember who it was) .. but this is the version for me :thumbsup:

Social source share

https://youtu.be/bCjYIv3zOgE

Tucked away as a flip on one of their hits, one of the truly great midtempo Soul records of the 60s...Fantastic vocals, horns and a middle eight to die for...never forget getting the British issue, turning it over, putting this on and standing there in awe...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Hey Rich

I'm still a full-on stomper kinda-guy and find most of the tunes people are posting on this thread aren't what I'd always associated with Northern Soul. All great tunes and OK to shuffle to, but I want to large it on the floor lol

Like this :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hey Rich

I'm still a full-on stomper kinda-guy and find most of the tunes people are posting on this thread aren't what I'd always associated with Northern Soul. All great tunes and OK to shuffle to, but I want to large it on the floor lol

Like this :thumbsup:

Fair enough but the midtempo stuff has always been a crucial part of the 'Northern scene'...And for a lot of us, that's where the real 'Soul' of the scene lies, all the best... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Sometimes I wonder..... what's going on !!!!!!!!? No words needed maybe just a little more action!! Be a butterfly spread your wings and maybe a little storm will change the world to a better place!!!! Don't be cocooned from day 2 day life & artificial personal needs !!! Feed your soul with compassion, understanding and respect and let actions speak louder than words!!!!

https://youtu.be/Y9KC7uhMY9s

well it's my record of the day :thumbsup:

Edited by viphitman
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Fair enough but the midtempo stuff has always been a crucial part of the 'Northern scene'...And for a lot of us, that's where the real 'Soul' of the scene lies, all the best... :hatsoff2:

HI Rich - Completely understood and I've danced to my fair share of mid-tempos, especially as we all get older I assume their appeal is showing more in this thread than ever before? You can't have soul nights with just up-tempo tunes, obviously, the set has to build and drop (just like the old days of raving), but I am disappointed that more upfront tracks aren't making it onto this list. (Hoping to hear more I've never heard before!) The mid-tempos are great but they're out-weighing the faster beats by a mile, :g: with a few exceptions like that Channels tracks (awesome) Mark

Mine for today

Social source share

Guest mellytee

Another little gem from Donnie Elbert , another cheapie but good

DONNIE ELBERT - THIS FEELING OF LOSING YOU - ALL PLATINUM

Enjoy !

Late trawl through backlog....ooooooh this is gorgeous..has it all for me :yes:

Social source share

Been at work last few nights so just caught up, some great stuff posted keep it up :thumbsup:

Mine for today The Soulful Twins "Cant let you go " Sable. Got this after hearing Martin (Hull Soul) Played it at the Wilton, sounds great played out. A week later it was in my box via Flanny Just awsome, crank the volume up loud.

Social source share

Just bought this but mines on Musicor WD credited to B & B (why did they just use the initials on the Musicor version?, which I suppose is a later release? anyway only heard it last week for the first time

B & B - I'f I'm Hurt You'll Feel the Pain - Musicor WD

I presume this well known (although not buy me lol)

Cheers

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Just bought this but mines on Musicor WD credited to B & B (why did they just use the initials on the Musicor version?, which I suppose is a later release? anyway only heard it last week for the first time

B & B - I'f I'm Hurt You'll Feel the Pain - Musicor WD

I presume this well known (although not buy me lol)

Cheers

Now that's more like it Swifty and new to me also. Quite a funky little number eh :thumbsup:

Mark

Social source share

PS: I was going to "like it" - but I've reached my quota for today! How can one have too many likes in a day - pfffft! :g:

Nice one Mark , great little tune and cheap (well mine was ) , glad you like it mate.

Cheers

p.s. how many 'Like Its' can you have then ?

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Nice one Mark , great little tune and cheap (well mine was ) , glad you like it mate.

Cheers

p.s. how many 'Like Its' can you have then ?

Not sure mate - but I obviously peaked too soon :huh:

Social source share

Guest dicklincoln72

Blew the dust off and played "You Keep Calling Me By Her Name" Amanda Love today and thought I would share it but can't load it. sorry

Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Blew the dust off and played "You Keep Calling Me By Her Name" Amanda Love today and thought I would share it but can't load it. sorry

Social source share

Another from me (sorry!) , I think I got this as a new release 'cause it was Eddie Parker , didn't like it (too Funky man!)

until about a year ago , played it again and love it now . How tastes change eh!

Eddie Parker - Body Chains - Prodigal (not a bad line up on the credits either)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIUkKedme70&feature=related

Cheers

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest soulboy1965

Another from me (sorry!) , I think I got this as a new release 'cause it was Eddie Parker , didn't like it (too Funky man!)

until about a year ago , played it again and love it now . How tastes change eh!

Eddie Parker - Body Chains - Prodigal (not a bad line up on the credits either)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIUkKedme70&feature=related

Cheers

Winstons - Amen Brother? Very similar break no?

Edited by soulboy1965
Social source share

Hey chaps...I am sure when DAVE conceived this thread he meant one record each day from everybody...That's in 24 hours LOL! Can I politely suggest we keep to that because we could all sit here slamming up three or four at a time but the thread will just run away with itself if we do that whereas at the moment it's building up a nice archive of tracks and you can easily keep up with what everybody has posted...

All the best

Rich

Social source share