'bella Mia' By Maxine Brown

Guest CSC

Hi all,just joined Soul Source-it's great to be a part of it!.If i may just ask a question please-as i've done a lot of searching on the web for some time and drawn a blank on this so hopefully someone might know.I heard a song played quite some time ago called 'Bella Mia' i think it was,by Maxine Brown and i'm sure it was on the 'Soul Sauce' show that Richard Searling used to do on Smooth Radio.Is this track available on any CD collection at all,as i have been unable to find any.If it isn't then i wish it could be on a future release as it's a great track,regards Chris.

Edited by CSC
Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks John for the reply!.Well if this track is not on any CD at present,i'll keep a lookout for the vinyl single in the meantime,thanks again Chris.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

That's a bootleg CD. Might as well just burn your own CDr.

Yes I know but the guy was asking if it appeared on a CD anywhere and although it's bootleg like so many northern, crossover, deep etc it does. It's totally up to him whether he buys it or not.

For all I know he may not have an MP3 of it, be able to burn to disc or doesn't even care it's a boot.

Social source share

Aah so it does exist - Many thanks Karl, the search goes on :-)

hehe yes, here's a pic of it (but could be any old Avco US 45 because of the resolution :))

rmmix5.jpg

I included it on a nice mix I made for Record Mania when I was still an employee, been meaning to do a follow up but not happened yet (don't have a mixer + 1200's at home)

https://recordmaniasthlm.blogspot.com/2010/05/record-mania-mix-5-all-girl-soul-from.html

Social source share

I included it on a nice mix I made for Record Mania when I was still an employee, been meaning to do a follow up but not happened yet (don't have a mixer + 1200's at home)

https://recordmaniast...-soul-from.html

i fake mixes using multitrack software, I record all the tracks individually first. if you actually want to blend though you can't do that, but I imagine there's mp3 DJ software that does let you do DJ type things.

Social source share

So have I once my US issue arrives :wink:

Nice one Steve! Always thought this was a UK only issue? got it on that dreaded uk style of 70's labels the engraved vinyl with what looks like a kid has run over it with a blue paint roller! :D Must look for a US issue now!

steve

Edited by Soul-Integrity
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Nice one Steve! Always thought this was a UK only issue? got it on that dreaded uk style of 70's labels the engraved vinyl with what looks like a kid has run over it with a blue paint roller! :D Must look for a US issue now!

steve

:lol:

Steve, best description I've heard yet mate.

The sprayed on US vinyls ie Bell, Big Top etc look bad enough but those you're on about are absolute puke.

See ya soon mate :thumbsup:

Social source share

Nice to find out there are US issues of this one - I only seem to come across the demos of the A side.

Also I haven't come across the paper label UK copies - yet, just the blue ones:

post-5094-0-90184200-1331156071_thumb.jp

Speaking of 'blue' - I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 'other' version of this song by Shades of Blu, with a slightly different title of "Bella mi"

post-5094-0-49314600-1331156132_thumb.jp

For those who have yet to hear it, it's not quite in the league of Maxine Brown, but not a bad effort I suppose.

The flip side being a version of Sandra Richardson's "Waiting for the last goodbye" on Dellwood.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert