Bobby Womack: "your Mama Only Got One Titty And That's Full Of Wine"

Guest brummiemick

Guest brummiemick

Just saw that the Guardian have published a really extensive interview tonight with Bobby Womack from his bedside.

https://www.guardian....g-better-before

Article follows but there is also video and some great photo's on the Guardian site...

Bobby Womack: 'I can sing my ass off, better than I could before'

Bobby Womack is so proud of his magnificent new album, The Bravest Man in the Universe, that nothing will stop him talking about it.

Alexis Petridis gets an audience at the soul legend's hospital bedside

The nurse attending Bobby Womack wears an expression for which the phrase "long-suffering" was invented. "Can I give you your meds?" she asks, proffering a handful of tablets. "Potassium, magnesium, something for blood sugar," she explains. Seated in his hospital bed, naked from the waist up save for a pair of immense bejewelled sunglasses, monitors attached to his chest, his thinning hair dyed yellow and what seems to be a tattoo of himself in full song on his right bicep, the singer makes a grunting noise that could well indicate assent but could equally herald the start of what would clearly be the umpteenth argument of the day. "Potassium, magnesium, something for blood sugar," she repeats firmly. "Take them. Be a good boy," she adds, before hurriedly exiting the room.

site note:

thanks for the post , sorry but have had to clip this as there may be copyright issues involved if do post articles etc in full from other websites

unless you do get permission

best bet is to just post a preview clip and a link like you have already done

thanks for passing on

mike

Edited by brummiemick
orig post clipped
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great to have BW interviewed in this way and good that he's got a record deal again.

Wouldn't be The Guardian if it didn't include one glaring error. It was "It's All Over Now" I would think he's referring to rather than "The Last Time" which was in The Staples Singers repertoire until appropriated by Jagger/Richards.

Social source share

I thought you were referring to the actual phrase. Off topic, but how is the use of the word 'winning' a Sheen-ism?

The specific usage of it is. Maybe in the UK they didn't broadcast Charlie Sheen drug and whore binge news 24/7 but he referred to his actions as "winning" and that was a big running joke in the media.

Social source share

Guest brummiemick

When I read articles such as this it always strike me what a small world the world of soul was. It also seems that everybody knew everybody and that the legends such as Sam Cooke had an incredible influence on those that followed in more ways than one.

Edited by brummiemick
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert