Chuck Overton - Is It Possible / I'm So Thankful

Shaun W

Chuck Overton - Is it possible / I'm so thankful.

Copies on KAPP seem quite easily obtainable at around the £50 mark but I've just seem a copy on Moonville listed at £300. I wasn't aware of the Moonville release and was wondering, is this really that rare and what's the story about the first release. Any info appreciated.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Copies on KAPP seem quite easily obtainable at around the £50 mark but I've just seem a copy on Moonville listed at £300. I wasn't aware of the Moonville release and was wondering, is this really that rare and what's the story about the first release. Any info appreciated.

Shaun , I noticed this on a dealers list the other week listed as 'Unknown on this label' , which is b*ll*cks as I got this in a soul pack from Blues & Soul years ago.

Great record (both sides) . Was a Blue label with Silver text I think :g: . Sorry not much help mate .

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

P.S. probably another record I gave away or chucked out that's worth a few bob !! :(

Social source share

Moonville was another one of Choker Campbells many labels. Didnt know it would command that price though, thought all the Moonville releases were cheap.

The Soul Merchants - Tender-Loving-Care & Ted Robinson - A Thing Called Love were also released on Moonville, don't know if anything else was release in that label

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Not unknown on Moonville but much much harder than the Kapp release. (probably more than the six times rarer the price suggests) I'm guessing but I'd have the Moonville as the original release and Kapp as the major that picked it up later but as I say thats a guess.

Social source share

Guest trickbag

moonville usa

314a ted robinson thing called love

314b ted robinson a little satisfaction

1110a chuck overton im so thankful

1110b chuck overton is it possible

1111a soul merchants tender loving care

1111b soul merchants talking about you girl

moonville listing from soulful detroit.

ricky.

Social source share

Bleedin' hell, I let my Moonville copy go for about £70. I'm sure it's about the same price as the Kapp version, it's never a £300 tune surely.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest trickbag

this one sold on popsike,think £300 is ott.

ricky.

CHUCK OVERTON i'm so thankful MOONVILLE northern soul 45 RARE NM *Listen*

221011535191.jpg

Start Time: 04/28/2012 End Time: 05/03/2012

Seller Feedback: 4660 Buyer Feedback: 1576

End Price: $91.00 USD Number of Bids: 15

221011535191.jpg

Chuck Overton

I'm So Thankful/ Is It Possible?

Moonville USA 1110 first press

Near Mint. wol.

Social source share