Soulsource Record Club, Your Record Of The Day Mid-Summer

Gogger

New to me & it was one them I had to play a couple of time to decide if I either hated it or loved it..........& it's I love it :D

Strange thing but I like strange.

Cheers

Martyn

had to play it a few times myself first. Edited by gogger
Social source share

• Replies 454
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2: HI ALL JUST LOOKING THROUGH THE CBS 45s, and after reading the JM Review, I had to dig it out, play it, the that led onto the Johnny Howard version and the ISLAND classic by ROLY POLY,

EVERY COPY IS GOOD AND ALL HAVE THERE UNIQUENESS?

MONGO SANTSMARIA - EL PUSSY CAT - CBS 201766 - 1964. 100% MOD. Rated ***** Value £ (let's wait and see?) A record to keep if you ask me? :thumbsup: ENJOY THIS? :ohmy: DAVE

post-13241-0-02666800-1341964344_thumb.j

[media=]https://youtu.be/S4R1Z7xkm1g

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been told this was played at Wigan,must admit can't remember it from then but that doesn't mean much........couldn't remember my name some night's :ohmy:

(maybe Paul or Andy's memories are a little clearer then mine on this)

Paul Peek-I'm Movin' Uptown Columbia

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Been told this was played at Wigan,must admit can't remember it from then but that doesn't mean much........couldn't remember my name some night's :ohmy:

(maybe Paul or Andy's memories are a little clearer then mine on this)

Paul Peek-I'm Movin' Uptown Columbia

Cheers

Martyn

such a Kin cracker that Martyn made my legs work again is it dear?
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL.... Here is a record that I found way back in the mid 7t's at DAVIDS BOOKSHOP, LETCHWORTH,

And at the time I felt it was the Dog;s my exclusive, worth many ££££ oh yes, then as it goes after a come down? not quite the record that I thought it was 24 hours ago, around 1996 I discovered the record at a car boot sale, it seemed to be unknown, 5 years ago and I saw many copies priced at £5 - £10, was it ever played?? I was even going to cover it up as Kenny Lynch!

To-day I still play it as such and it's a great example of the CHICARGO SOUND that was so popular in Jamaica in the mid-6t's

DOMA RECORDS- CURTIS SMITH- "I LIKE EVERY THING ABOUT YOU" - 101B. RATED ***+ Value £10, :wink: enjoy DAVE

https://youtu.be/w5ZmCawBUtQ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Andy

There's one on Gemm for $30 or one on Anglo-American for £30 which I would have thought was the top end?If you are patient & have a bit of a trawl about I'm sure you'll get one for £15/20..........only ever seen demo's so an issue might be more??

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

First up is a tune that is getting a bit of deck action at the moment from Valerie Simpson and the late Nick Ashford.

Had this quite awhile now but have only recently turned it over to find another brill tune on the B side,so a great little twofer.

Was always a bit of a cheapie but not sure now it's getting plays??

Valerie & Nick-I'll Find You Glover

Valerie & Nick-Lonely Town Glover

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

First up is a tune that is getting a bit of deck action at the moment from Valerie Simpson and the late Nick Ashford.

Had this quite awhile now but have only recently turned it over to find another brill tune on the B side,so a great little twofer.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Cheers

Martyn

very nice, adding to my wants list :)

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Archie Bell & The Drells Where Will You Go When The Party's Over been hearing this played out a lot just lately n still only about a tenner

Andy

Great tune!!! This is the type of 70t's I love :thumbup:

Ditto Teddy :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Picked this up from a fellow soulsource member last week, appologies if it has been put up before.

Big Maybelle - i can't wait any longer

Brilliant, always loved it

Social source share

it was played at wigan, and before.....

you'll get one for £20 - 40 Andy

Social source share

What we really need is some Beach Music (and some beach weather):

Try Salty Miller One More Time {which unfortunately I don't have but "she's My Girl" is winging its way}:

I believe that the whole Lp is great.

Mick

Edited by Mick Sway
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Up nice & early as I'm all excited about going to the 100 club later on,my first visit for about 18 months & with a gang of reprobates so should be a right giggle...........why is it when you arrange an away day like this all the nutters think it's good idea & want to come along & not the nice quiet ones :D

So thought I'd post an 100 club oldie that never really made much impression above Watford which is a pity as it's a cracking tune...........& only the price of a couple of pints of flat beer.

Bill Johnson - It Ain't Never Gonna Die Jocida

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

As I'll not be any fit state to post one tomorrow thought I'd sneak another up.

This is an 100 club legend of a sound & I was lucky enough to see her perform it at Cleggy weekender a few years back.

Little Ann-Who Are You Trying To Fool Kent

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Bloody hell two weedenders on the trot is hard work,didn't help acquiring a chest infection from Cleggy so Friday & Saturday I was still rough fortunately by Sunday the vodka had killed the infection off so could party at full throttle.Spent most of the weekend between the rare & underplayed room & the R n B room where I had two spots.The R & U room lacked a bit of atmosphere at times this year,plenty of great stuff played but not a lot of imagination from behind the decks imo?Couldn't say that about the R n B room,it was rockin' all weekend,had a ball djing in there.Did the last spot on Saturday night & when they turn the light's on you are supposed to go home.......I still managed to get about another six records on & they had to crowbar me off the decks :D Andy managed to go see the Red Bar boys for a bit on Sunday night,Chappy thinks he's turned me to the dark side :thumbup:

Not caught up with all the posts while I've been away but when I can stay awake I will :sleep3:

Todays post is the last record I played in the light on Saturday night............

Spencer Wiggins-Lonely Man Goldwax

Cheers

Martyn

PS Will be doing my playlist when I get a minute & can send it to anyone who is interested :thumbsup:

Thats what we like to hear , bit of gumption shown, a man who laughs in the purulent sputum raddled face of a chest infection.Sleep now child , your work is done. :wink: unless your already on the train in which case, get the flippin beers in , are you on strike or summat? Jees!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Thats what we like to hear , bit of gumption shown, a man who laughs in the purulent sputum raddled face of a chest infection.Sleep now child , your work is done. :wink: unless your already on the train in which case, get the flippin beers in , are you on strike or summat? Jees!

ssssh , let keep that last rant to ourselves as i ve now recognised my little oversight of about a fortnight or so . Which should have given you ample time to return to tip top condition even when factoring in the ageing process. So its still your round by the way. ! At least you wont be mithered for tuneage this weekend.See yees later . andy challis ( dy,s carer).

Edited by aintgotit
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL.... Here is a record that I found way back in the mid 7t's at DAVIDS BOOKSHOP, LETCHWORTH,

And at the time I felt it was the Dog;s my exclusive, worth many ££££ oh yes, then as it goes after a come down? not quite the record that I thought it was 24 hours ago, around 1996 I discovered the record at a car boot sale, it seemed to be unknown, 5 years ago and I saw many copies priced at £5 - £10, was it ever played?? I was even going to cover it up as Kenny Lynch!

To-day I still play it as such and it's a great example of the CHICARGO SOUND that was so popular in Jamaica in the mid-6t's

DOMA RECORDS- CURTIS SMITH- "I LIKE EVERY THING ABOUT YOU" - 101B. RATED ***+ Value £10, :wink: enjoy DAVE

Its not what i thought it was going to be.although i think the tune im thinking of might be called" its everything about you". or at least thats how the chorus goes.Theres something about the intro that im ambivalent about. So i can see why you had second thoughts about it later.( i know that feeling dispiritingly well) I like his voice though.
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Here's a hood one, that I use to sell in the mid 80s for £5 & it;s never got to be as popular as most of the other stuff like rules Gil BRANDING-READY ,I FOUND A HOODIE BILLY HAMBRIC- DRUM both were £5 :ohmy: to-days tune is from 64 "TIME" BILLY HAMBER - DE JAC RECORDS 1254A was the side that was played at STAFFORD, but it is the B side, that I have been playing out of my box 10 x in the last 24 hours, it/s got me hooked and it could be the right time to buy as it is cheap "SHOW ME YOUR MONKEY" IS MY CHUNE FOR TO-DAY, ENJOY :rofl: DAVE

post-13241-0-98066000-1341320309_thumb.j

good god , the title sounds more like a typical introduction from a gyneacologist.
Social source share

this for the simple reason it's on the turntable at the moment:

Black Nasty - "Cut your motor off"

Edited by MrC
Social source share