Soulsource Record Club, Your Record Of The Day Mid-Summer

Always loved this Abit of a buzz with this@ Blackpool tower wkender last year when it was played in the walkway to the circus a lot hadn't heard it to my surprise! And the price of it jumpt up £20-£30 just over the weekend timeless tune great post.

Andy

You'll do well to get one for less then a ton now............one I missed & love :(

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 454
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Just got this Sam Evans Packed the floor at Whitby with this her opening set sat night Modern room A bit vague but here you go Something For The Weekend - Ben Westbeech

Andy

Like this,is it a new release??Any more info would be most appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Andy

Like this,is it a new release??Any more info would be most appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

got it on d:vision 12 inch of eBay £10 2011 it was on an lp but a bit electro for me a lot of mixes of it dub step n house but mines the version that I posted I really quite like n think u mite do as well Martyn has a feel good factor bout it n a nice dancer if a bit long !!!!!!!!!!phew!!!nearly 5 mins! But then I complain about karmello brooks been too short must be my age.
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

got it on d:vision 12 inch of eBay £10 2011 it was on an lp but a bit electro for me a lot of mixes of it dub step n house but mines the version that I posted I really quite like n think u mite do as well Martyn has a feel good factor bout it n a nice dancer if a bit long !!!!!!!!!!phew!!!nearly 5 mins! But then I complain about karmello brooks been too short must be my age.

Just bought the MP3 album of the back of the post,

Whilst we're on the subject of contemporary:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Been trying to track this down on You Tube (but it's not on??) since Mark posted his David Ruffin track the other day.This is another cheapie of his I've played out a few times & another belter imo.

David Ruffin-I Pray Everyday You Won't Regret Lovin' Me Motown

https://soundcloud.com/user1510646/22-david-ruffin-i-pray/s-e11lT

Cheers

Martyn

PS He likes long titles doesn't he :D

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Andy

Cheers

Martyn

hi martyn, 'something for the weekend' is a bit of a favorite for the waterfront chill out crowd - will put it in the play box for you on 12th Aug
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....IF you have stopped selling records, as I have (almost)? after a while you get around to rediscovering it , the record I have got for you to-night has 2 excellent sides, my fave side is "love made me blue" but the chosen side is a Funk organ number, this sort of record is for the purest of you, who can get into the groove thang! and almost a dead cert, this is will grow on you if it' be to you.

On the SHARP RECORDS - RUSS LEWIS - "BRAND NEW RECIPE - 6040 B. Rated **** Value £? can't remember so £25?

:g: I hope you like the organ in this, as it's supreme stuff :huh: DAVE

Tuther side does it for me

Edited by smudger
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

The Tenth Dymentions - My love for you is growing wild - Sapphire.

A lovely paced tune with great harmonies.

gary

Hi Gary, cracking track that mate, wonder why whoever youtubed it blanked out the title? actually if you look at the scan, that's the A side "The Bushman" ? mebs that's the only side they could find on the web?

steve

Social source share

Hi Gary, cracking track that mate, wonder why whoever youtubed it blanked out the title? actually if you look at the scan, that's the A side "The Bushman" ? mebs that's the only side they could find on the web?

steve

Steve

Well spotted, i never noticed that......odd?!

gary

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Heres a realy good remake of Tyrone Davis oroganal hit. I got this from a bloke from PRESTON,? & again this may or may not be to your personal taste? but it is a good remake in my opinion, found ut in a box tonite with a LEE DAVID issue???

SOUL CITY Records - 8-50150 - JOHNNY RIVERS - "Can I change my mind". Rated **** Value £20 NICE RECORD TO OWN :g: DAVE

https://youtu.be/bqEC4IEOvno

• Helpful 1
Social source share

My Laptop has died on me so I'm on my wifes old thing so I won't be around much until I get mine sorted?

Todays post is from one of my fave lady singers......Baby Washington.

Jeanette "Baby" Washington-Let Love Go By ABC Paramount

Cheers

Martyn

PS Laptop sorted.......I'm back :D

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share