Soulsource Record Of The Day, (Summer Holidays)Closed Don't Use Post Closed

• Replies 647
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Today's offering is one of those records that makes me thankful I'm into soul music.This sounds brilliant wherever it's played.........at a venue,in the car,at home etc.

Johnny Moore - Lonely Heart In The City Blue Rock

PS And won't break the bank to own one.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Any info on plays of this tune would be most appreciated?The reason I ask is I've never heard it out myself but think it's too good to have been missed at some time............awesome group tune!!!!

Magnificent Men-Forever Together Capitol

Never heard it out eiher, been a big hit in my record room for a long time though. Got to agree it is a superb tune.

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Never heard it out eiher, been a big hit in my record room for a long time though. Got to agree it is a superb tune.

gary

Gaz

Think we should start a campaign up to get that changed,I'm gonna ask for it everytime I'm out until I hear someone play it :thumbsup: :D

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Today tune is one of those that gets in your head & stays there for days?Not that well known & gets even less plays but I think if one of the top dj's was to get behind it would become a biggie?Reminds me of Albert Washington-I'm The Man Fraternity.

Rodge Martin - Close My Eyes And Open Up My Mind Newark

Social source share

Modern Nu-Soul _ Soul Talk - Loving You" today getting my fix of modern before the Central Leeds and the Beehive Bradford tomorrow could be an oldies fest but really looking forward to both venues.

Andy

And I'm stopping in all weekend :(

Cheers

Martyn

PS Nice tune.

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Sounds like your poorly or after a big want n saving up Martyn if your staying in !!

Andy

None of the above,just couldn't really find anything I fancied?Thought about going across to Manchester for Mark Bicknell's all-nighter but can't summon the enthusiasm :shhh:.......all my mates are going to Funk-Tion in Wolverhampton but don't fancy that either.............the real reason is X Factor is starting :wicked:

A weekend in every now & then makes all the other night's seem better :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Andy

None of the above,just couldn't really find anything I fancied?Thought about going across to Manchester for Mark Bicknell's all-nighter but can't summon the enthusiasm :shhh:.......all my mates are going to Funk-Tion in Wolverhampton but don't fancy that either.............the real reason is X Factor is starting :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Too right Martyn stayed in last week gunna go for it tommorow about 10 of us are . Ps ya don't need to tape xfactor for us I'll catch up wi it int week!!!!!!! Ha!!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Gaz

Think we should start a campaign up to get that changed,I'm gonna ask for it everytime I'm out until I hear someone play it :thumbsup: :D

Cheers

Martyn

used to get played back in the day,and probably the best known of all the Magnificent Men tunes - although 'I got news' is far and away the best one!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Andy

Cheers

Martyn

DJ line up at Verve, Bury is pretty good, club looks great too.... AND I have 2 tickets (courtesy of Mr Bicknell)..... it's my wedding anniversary today..... wife is at work tomorrow.... soooooooo I may well be off by myself (probably 10-11pm) if you fancy having the wifes ticket :thumbsup:

Social source share

Loved the Cortez Greer version of this ever since I got it for nothing back in the 70s and no one knew what it was.... but thats a different story.... and this is the original version

Roy Smith - Very Strong On You

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert