Life

Guest Chris53

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Theres a demo on ebay mono/ stereo which reads 1974 how can there be a demo after a 1973 issue?

can't answer that one Chris, our issue is on vinyl and certainly says 1973 on it, all the ones on popsike look like styrene issues, and state 1974...wierd :hatsoff2:

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

most issues are styrene and say 1974. there is a rarer vinyl issue.....that says 1973....just a typo imo...thats the one i have and the one JM auctioned recently and got a good price for.....ive had 2 of these 1973 stockers one i bought in 1995 at  `pitchers` in rotherham and the one i have now i won on ebay about 8 years ago...i have also had the mono/stereo orig demo and the mono/mono `counterfeit` demo

the vinyl is similar to the aristocrats vinyl issue on warner bros. most likely done at same pressing plant

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

I put  a the thread on here last year about the Demo

I quoted that i had a Demo Label said MONO both sides but in fact it had a MONO mix on 1 side and a STEREO mix on the other side

This confuses the theory of the MONO/ MONO Labeled record  :g:

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

Walt Khan ,the records producer, did the instrumental mix of "I'm Not Strong Enough" and when I went to collect the tape at his studio there was a demo of Life framed on the wall. I told him that the record was known about in the UK. He didn't really seem too bothered about this and I didn't ask him much else. It's strange that even the records producer didn't have a stock copy in late 1975.

Rick 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert