The Saints I'l Let You Slide - Jm Auction

Jim G
Go to solution Solved by Missgoldie,

Up for Auction on JM site The Saints "I'll Let You Slide". As I don't get out much it is new to me, research shows it is extremely rare and a huge sale price I expect given the only I found went for $5500 8 years ago.

Anyone know how it was found, anything on the artists?

JM link and only one sold on Ebay from 2006 links below

JM Auction: https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/auction/9225/il-let-you-slide-cw-love-can-be

Ebay 2006: https://www.popsike.com/VERY-RARE-SOUL-RECORD/230022449881.html

Edited by jim g
Social source share

I f***ing love this record. Don't know who discovered it, but I first heard Butch play it at the first Lifeline allnighter at Sheridens. Who played it first/discovered it?

Arthur had one then around that time, Andy and Richie Conn got one a year or two later.

Social source share

A Soulbowl find in the mid 80's, Graeham Elliss had 1 of them & the other went to Butch, I got mine in 93 off Tim Ash, even tho I wasn't playing that kind of sound I had to have it 8-)

Hi Arthur

Graham's copy later went back to the Bowl and then on to me.

Just a pity that the label design isn't as intricate as the Souls Unlimited "The Raving Vampire"

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Nice! John had a good day when he got thoes 45's back 8-) that would 89/90 at a guess? cos I remember Butch getting Bobby Rich

May have been a couple of years later Arthur, say 92 :g:

Yet another great post Wigan era discovery that'll bypass the BBC, happy days indeed.

Dave

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Just a pity that the label design isn't as intricate as the Souls Unlimited "The Raving Vampire"

Dave

Ha! I found one of those...got all excited until the needle hit the groove! Then again, was also offered a Saints over here as well...can't complain!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Dave it was on Graeme's tape he gave to me and i copied for you.dated 90 on the tape box.some great tunes on it.here's a few from it.

La Shawn Collins,Richard Marks,Sy Hightower,Differences,Ed Cooper,Bobby Shannon and Centaura.

Best John

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Ha! I found one of those...got all excited until the needle hit the groove! Then again, was also offered a Saints over here as well...can't complain!

You couldn't really get two more different records could you.

When I got my copy  I did a bit of sleuthing and found there are a bunch of them state side. It's rare for sure but copies are hiden in collections. It's the kind of record you don't want to move on.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!