Lada Edmund - Larue Backing Singers

Jim G

Just been listening to Lada Edmund again on the JM youtube channel (which is great). I have always wondered who the backing singers were, because frankly, they provide the soul to this, especially at the chorus break at 1:43 in the record. 

Please advise oh knowledgeable ones!

Video on JM here: 

Edited by jim g
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Great looking lady.

Here she is with the Beatles, Mick Jagger, Herman's Hermits and the Supremes.

But I don't think it will have been any of them, somehow!

Here's a link to her website. You can read all about her Jim.

https://www.ladastedmund.com

Might be worth dropping her a line personally, on the contact page.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Interview here:

post-4120-0-61120700-1408091969_thumb.jp

post-4120-0-91505600-1408091977_thumb.jp

post-4120-0-65179600-1408091992_thumb.jp

post-4120-0-45524600-1408092056_thumb.jp

Edited by Sean Hampsey
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Wasn't this an Eddie Singleton production....bit late to ask him now though.  I bet Lada Edmund Jr isn't even the vocalist anyway.  She was a dancer.

It was Eddie Singleton, she was the lead singer (that argument has been done to death on here!) but the backing singers, wow!

Social source share

Both her "The Larue" and "I Know Something" were released in Japan on Decca...both frighteningly rare :ohmy:

I currently have "The Larue" for sale complete with picture cover!! :shades:

Enjoyed the radio show link...thanks Sean :thumbup:

Social source share

Lada Edmunds Jr mentions being on Hullabaloo.In the first episode Joey Heatherton performed "Hullabaloo",unless i'm reading it wrong. In the video there is a girl at 17secs who looks like Lada. Anyone else agree.? 

Sorry got no info on the backing singers.!!

Edited by KevH
Social source share

So,working from that,maybe there's a connection with the backing singers on "Larue" and "When he calls me baby" "Hullabaloo".?

Dunno - I think there's a two year gap between Hullabaloo and Call Me Baby - and I think one was recorded in Chicago, one in Philly and one in New York!

Social source share

Ooh La La wake me  up to some French coffee ( I said coffee )   ... Hey Eddie Singleton with a very  French theme all the way through these recordings ,  so is it The   "LES CHANSONETTES " :yes: backing Lada Edmund Jr on this great double sider - more prominent on the Soul au Go go side :- 

Just close your eyes and listen to this on you tube - sounds like Les Chansonettes to my old ears , this track does also have a very moody  cool  sophisticated Washington DC 1966 Recording kinda feel and vibe about it ???

Am wondering the now ? Were and at what studios were  these 2 tracks recorded  ? I almost caught myself humming "Don't let him hurt you " to Au Go Go backing !!!! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lHNayBbmrso&autoplay=1

second thoughts you may also watch the video but only once !!!!   :D

Right am off off to go and sit in the shade the now ... 

tfk :rofl:

post-3067-0-55353600-1408303441.jpg

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!