Soulsource Record Club Your Choice For Autum 2014

dthedrug

Staying with The Kittens,not sure who or where this was first played but remember it getting plenty of plays at nighters in the 90t's.Also got this by Cindy Malone.

The Kittens-Is It Over Baby? ABC Paramount

Martyn

Mine looks like it's been in a fire but plays brill  :wicked:

also mine got a Different logo design ABC in white circle 

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well Christmas came early last night as I got one of these cheap-ish,been after one for ages but the ones I've seen have always been a bit pricey.Although I love both sides it's "I'm Gonna Cut You Loose" that really rocks my boat & doesn't seem that well known,what a dancer?

George Wydell-From Out Of Nowhere/I'm Gonna Cut You Loose TRC

(both tracks on the same You Tube vid)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I love Daves Record Club threads, and glad to see you are feeling better.

Mine would be Candi Statons wonderful "Too Hurt To Cry". A Muscle Shoals classic, not the dearest record I own, but the one that gets me every single time. I fall in love with her over and over again every time I hear it, and that to me is what great soul music is about.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Really tough call, in fact nearly impossible to choose one, this is getting hammered in my room at the moment, mid-tempo shuffler that should be massive IMHO

Donny Beaumont-Don't make me go now-Mercury

Kev  (BTW, great thread)

Kev

I remember posting this on Baz A's Crossover thread way back in 2008 and stuck it on one of the Crossover CD swaps. It caused a bit of a stir back then. I still think it's STUNNING and like you gets a real hammering in my wee room.

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not posted in a wee while but still managing to keep a check on the absolutely wonderful and varied selection of tunes being posted on the 'Record Club' threads. 

In my mind there are soooo many records that are essential, I don't really know where to start but this seems like a good one to kick off my choices.

Bought in a second hand record store in Paris for 8 euros.

Warren Raye and the Infernal Blues Machine - If you wanna love me - London

gary

• Helpful 2
Social source share

This has been posted before (can't remember who by sorry) & I loved it,went straight on the wants list & that nice Swifty bloke pointed out there was one on Flynny's sales page........so I'm now the proud owner of a

Frank Butler-The Love I Need JV

:hatsoff2: Hi All....this is a fantastic record that's full of SOUL and a excellent choice, this is tune that I would want in my collection (you can tell that I ain't got a copy) I would add this to the chart of most wanted sounds 2014, how much does it go for? :g:  Dave K

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All....this is a fantastic record that's full of SOUL and a excellent choice, this is tune that I would want in my collection (you can tell that I ain't got a copy) I would add this to the chart of most wanted sounds 2014, how much does it go for? :g:  Dave K

Between £20 to £50 I would say Dave , although you may get it cheaper , sold mine on ebay a couple of years ago and got £9  :huh:  but then I am known as the Richard Branson of ebay  :lol:  not 

• Helpful 2
Social source share