Timi Yuro On Ebay

That will be you then, not me. I am entitled to draw my own conclusions based on the bidding activity, as is everyone else on this thread. And CAPITALIZATION indicates shouting in internet protocol.

And just so YOU are clear I have just reported the listing to eBay as one bidder has an overall 35% bidding activity of all activities with you, and you alone.

'Waggy' as in waggy tongue? You seem to be involving yourself in plenty you needn't!

Having an opinion or drawing a conclusion is one thing, but the needless chat and reports to ebay?

You've too much free time on yer hands pal!  :shhh:

Social source share

On the subject of other versions, has anyone heard the Pat Lewis version? Got a copy on 'Joe Boy' which I believe was bundled with a CD as the record has a CD holder middle in it. What's the score with this version, I have checked her albums but no sign of it on those.

Anyone got any info on this version please?

Social source share

Although it's still a result of sorts for the seller I can't help thinking the seller of the 2nd copy on there has shot them both in the foot

Yes bad tactics that, I would definitely have waited at least a couple of days before putting a second copy on. What you need to consider is there can be only 1 winner of an auction, and all those that bid but didn't win, still want one and have the money to bid on another copy.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes bad tactics that, I would definitely have waited at least a couple of days before putting a second copy on. What you need to consider is there can be only 1 winner of an auction, and all those that bid but didn't win, still want one and have the money to bid on another copy.

Yes but if both are running at the same time folk may be reluctant to put a much higher bid on the first copy than the current highest bid on the later one, stuff needs to be as straightforward as is possible to maximise the potential, let em slug it out for the first one, then list the second one....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes but if both are running at the same time folk may be reluctant to put a much higher bid on the first copy than the current highest bid on the later one, stuff needs to be as straightforward as is possible to maximise the potential, let em slug it out for the first one, then list the second one....

Thats what I meant Pete, wait until the first one has finished, wait a couple of days and then list the second.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Thats what I meant Pete, wait until the first one has finished, wait a couple of days and then list the second.

I could be over thinking this, but could this not now work in favour for the 2nd seller? Offer a distraction from the first copy and now it's a free run without distractions, who knows when the next one will pop up? (I know probably next week :D ) all or nothing time for some now, time will tell :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

unless it was his mate and that was a plan all along to get the price up via shill-bidding......................and they hadnt realised that it would regress to that level come the dropout time. (or is that just me being a cynical old git?)

* wrote this before seeing the seller's own post, after which case, I am obviously wrong.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Me too. Rattus Shillus Norvegicus.

PS I "found" 2 Liberty label records together in a box of records in a junk shop in Abbey Street, Derby in the 80s. One of em was Timi and the other was Fifth Dimension - Train Keep on Moving. (5 for a pound or 25p each).  I gave the Timi away to a mate cos I didnt like it (at the time). Still got the Fifth Dimension. Push-out-centre with centre pushed out. Lol. (Make it look like an import.........)

There are no copies with centres mate, all UK copies have large centre holes

• Helpful 2
Social source share

'Waggy' as in waggy tongue? You seem to be involving yourself in plenty you needn't!

Having an opinion or drawing a conclusion is one thing, but the needless chat and reports to ebay?

You've too much free time on yer hands pal!  :shhh:

Not really - I've reported loads to ebay where there's been obvious fake bids - not this one, but lots of others.

Social source share

yeah thats a boot label, Carolyn Craford on that label too

Hi Pete, just seen you reply, thank for that. I was also searching the net trying to find something out about the label, and I came across this. Interesting is the reply to the enquiry. What do you think?

https://www.45cat.com/45_forum_topic_view.php?t=4595

Social source share

I am getting a bit sick of this. This auction was fair and square from the start. If anyone cares to check the Ebay sales thread on here, I posted that this record was going on Ebay when I listed it. Why would I do that if I then planned to rig the auction? Three bidders retracted their bids, two of whom went on to bid on the other one listed. The other bidder who was, at £1600, the highest bidder, disappeared but will no doubt reappear when the second auction reaches its conclusion. I will say this once more - I had nothing to do with any of the bids made on this record and people insinuating that I did should think before they make these kind of accusations. I am particularly surprised and disappointed at you Pete. You should know better than anyone that selling records is often as much about reputation as anything else. How is it fair that people can come on here and basically call me a crook simply because another copy of this record got listed and muddied the bidding waters? How would you feel if people were saying this stuff about you?  Call me melodramatic if you like, but this is defamation pure and simple. A couple of hundred years ago, it would've been pistols at dawn, but these days, cowardly clowns like this waggy character can hide behind their keyboards and throw these accusations out there willy nilly. If this was the corporate world, solicitors letters would be flying everywhere. My partner's from Chile and they have a saying: "Never spit at the ceiling". Some on here could do well to take heed of that.

As it says, I wrote it before reading the thread, I had no idea who the seller was and said I was obviously wrong, can't say it much clearer than that!

*have also amended earlier posts to say as such

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

HI ALL...The Timi Yuro  may be expensive, but it certainly not the rarest, over the years it started of as a new play by people who have the knowledge to promote a record by including it in their DJ set, as we have seen in the past records like "STANKEY" go from a £1 to £100?, I like Timi Yuro, but back in 88 I turned a copy down that Mick Smith offered me to by a STATESIDE copy of the Incredibles (a rare record) as at the time the belief was it was rarer? do I regret not taking Micks advice at the time, he above all knows how rare UK SOUL records are,? all I would say is the market for rare UK SOUL this year has shot up to pay over £1k is an investment, which would mean I'm well off if the trend keeps on growing like this, however my records will not be sold until after I pop my clogs, by my mate Mick, 

Social source share

HI ALL...The Timi Yuro  may be expensive, but it certainly not the rarest, over the years it started of as a new play by people who have the knowledge to promote a record by including it in their DJ set, as we have seen in the past records like "STANKEY" go from a £1 to £100?, I like Timi Yuro, but back in 88 I turned a copy down that Mick Smith offered me to by a STATESIDE copy of the Incredibles (a rare record) as at the time the belief was it was rarer? do I regret not taking Micks advice at the time, he above all knows how rare UK SOUL records are,? all I would say is the market for rare UK SOUL this year has shot up to pay over £1k is an investment, which would mean I'm well off if the trend keeps on growing like this, however my records will not be sold until after I pop my clogs, by my mate Mick, 

Can't spend it when you're dead Dave!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can't spend it when you're dead Dave!

HI PETE... AS A ROMAN CANDLE, HOW DO YOU KNOW? NEXT YOU WILL BE TELLING ME THAT MARY WAS NO VIRGIN?  I'M ALL CONFUSED.....MIND YOU I BET MICK WILL ASK YOU TO DO THE DONKEY WORK, IF I KNOW A CHERRY PICKER, IT'S MICK, ()don't say I said so)...

Social source share

HI PETE... AS A ROMAN CANDLE, HOW DO YOU KNOW? NEXT YOU WILL BE TELLING ME THAT MARY WAS NO VIRGIN?  I'M ALL CONFUSED.....MIND YOU I BET MICK WILL ASK YOU TO DO THE DONKEY WORK, IF I KNOW A CHERRY PICKER, IT'S MICK, ()don't say I said so)...

No I just came to the conclusion that at approaching the age of 60, the money would do us all a lot more good than a few grands worth of Reggae and Soul records, so I sold them, paid for a new kitchen, toilet, conservatory, car, holiday, yeah maybe I regretted it but I've now got more Reggae 45's than I ever had so I guess I had the best of both worlds.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pete you speak very wise words, however you know that I can't sell them on, I regretted selling 2 collection off, only to try and get back my favourite ones, we love soul music you have your family to think of, my family all grown up as long as they don't try to sell them, hence Mick & Jim will sell them, however Pete make MARIE a offer for everything & she will probably take it,  funny subject ain't it 

it would be nice if my grand kids had every thing to carry our scene foreword, KTF.

Social source share

Pete you speak very wise words, however you know that I can't sell them on, I regretted selling 2 collection off, only to try and get back my favourite ones, we love soul music you have your family to think of, my family all grown up as long as they don't try to sell them, hence Mick & Jim will sell them, however Pete make MARIE a offer for everything & she will probably take it,  funny subject ain't it 

it would be nice if my grand kids had every thing to carry our scene foreword, KTF.

I don't think it's about music Dave, I think it's about collecting itself, for instance, I have about 100 records on the Studio One label, I can put a collection like that together for £500 or £600 by buying represses - but if I was to buy originals only, it would cost me over £25,000.  But I'd like to have them all on British, so I buy a British and sell an import.  Doesn't make sense though, if it was about music I'd be happy to have it on any label.  It's collector mentality.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

HI ALL...Again very wise words from Pete, however thee are several types of collector on our scene, in the 7ts most people had a few bootlegs in their collections, today CD & look a like re issues have taken there place , then there are small time collector dealers / collector with their revolving record box collection, the DJ collector who has great records in one box and that's it, then there are people who collect US only or UK only soul records, the UK collector like to collect labels as well as individual 45s.  US collector make go for cities regions like EAST COAST,  the Recent sale of the UK Timi Yuro, I believe went to the person who buy as a investment, & will probably get shot of the record in  months once it seems like that is the true value, it only take 4 people to inflate the price , you can spot them a mile away, they come out with crap like I have 2 people interested and have been offered £X pounds for it,

So PETE is right however I have a addiction if I got rid of them what would I spend the cosh on, DAVE

Social source share

On the same subject I have databased all of my Northern stuff with the prices that they are worth, and I update the prices as they are going up (or down). I have shown my wife where the database is and told her not to sell them for any less than the prices I have put when I pop it. Let's hope that for once she takes notice of what I've said.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Just bought this btw. I don't know it's history whether it's a boot or not ( would imagine so), but it only cost $17 including p&p from the states.

Any clues anyone? Thanks

attachicon.gifbaby Washington.JPG

Mem-o-ree records with a yellow label had at least 6 releases including Free by Ty hunter and The Kalin twins " Cool " I think it's a legit reissue label not seen the green one before looks like a different font design , don't know the origins but I'm wondering whether the yellow ones are from the continent as they seem typical of the Haarleem pressing plant product. I usually find one or two in the Netherlands, S.

Social source share

Hi Sharmo 1
According to the above link, these are the 'Mem-O-Ree' releases with release numbers beginning with '0'. The ones beginning with '5' are deemed to be bootlegs.

Ike & Tina Turner Fool In Love /It's gonna work out fine 001
Rosie & Ron Bring Me Happiness / So Dearly 003
Rene & Ray Queen Of My Heart / Sam & Bill For Your Love 004
Gene Chandler Rainbow '65 Part 1/ Part 2 005
The Heartbreakers Cradle Rock / The Gallahads Lonely Guy 007
Maxine Brown All In My Mind / Funny 008
Jimmy Holiday How Can I Forget / Janet 009
Barbara George I Know / Evie Sands Take Me For A Little While 010
Tommy Raye You Don't Love Me / Carlos Brothers Tonight 012
Inez & Charlie Foxx Foxx Mockingbird/ Inez Foxx Jaybird 013
Baby Washington That's How Heartaches Are Made/ It'll never be over for me 014
Hank Jacobs So Far Away / Ray Bryant Shake A Lady 015
Del Shannon Runaway / Hats off to Larry 016
Impalas Band Of Gold / Yes I'm Ready 017

Social source share

f**kin brilliant comment.

For what its worth I thought the sept 2014 ebay auction was a rarity because it was a Liberty solid centre copy (?) But if you look back across past auctions it seems not, and ANY Timi "Over....." seems to have more than doubled now in value now. Never seen another solid centre version though...............

And I dont think the shite film is to blame coz it aint on the soundtrack.

And the solid centre one is sitting nicely in my box & that's where its staying. Cos I aint seen another anywhere yet.

Social source share

Did you see the scan in post 120? Now that has to be rare - if there were two pressings of this, where are all the solid label copies?!

I did but I'm not actually talking about that record if anyone would bother to read what I said  :lol:

I was talking about 5th Dimension train keep on moving

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Waggy

That little sticker is no longer on it , removed without any damage

Fair play Woza and well done on winning that one. And like you said neither of us have seen another solid centre copy on our travels.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!