martha star and cressa watson question?

Dobber

has anyone ever seen a copy of martha star-sweet temptation in the flesh?

when you play the the martha star and cressa watson versions on youtube they are the same,alas no pic of either singles on youtube or anywhere else for that matter,neither appear on popsike?

it would make sense that it is cressa watson with it being on charay?

so who actually is this tune,and does it exist as a 45?

ward burton is great too...is this the true orig?

Edited by dobber
Social source share

28 minutes ago, chalky said:

Martha Starrr exists on vinyl, Ady plays it, Butch too. Cressa is an Lp track and the same artist IMO. It's from master tapes if memory serves. It is a different take as one had a longer break. 

yeah i reckon the songs are the same! is the lp a compilation thing? and is there a scan of the martha star anywhere?

Social source share

2 hours ago, calvinlee said:

Yes Johnny Weston has got one and yes on charay always ask him to play it.. On the lp the break is cut which is quite badly done I think sounds more like a skip 

I think John bought Tim Browns copy when he had it on his auction. Tim did have a scan up, but I didn't bother copying it. Was quite a few years ago now.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest trickbag
Item condition:
Used

Record NM, Cover VG+

Ended:
Nov 19, 2015 , 12:08PM <span>04:08:07 PST</span>

Price:
US $7.00

s-l1600.jpgrs-l1600.jpg

ricky.

Social source share

Went to 100 club ages back,i'd just got the LP. (i'd never heard cress watson before)....Butch spun Martha Starr ,i runs up to the decks and said something like,have you put a sax break in it,.....wont say what Butch said....lol....sold the LP on here a while back.The credits mention a Bob Jones....wondered if it was Dr Bob.?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!