New boot Salvadors?

Saw this yesterday on Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222202189502?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks to be similar quality/style as the batch that came from Ian L? In the listing that was posted on here, there was no mention of Salvadors, Gene Woodbury, or Milton Wright etc... Are these the same source??? Convincing at first glance (only).

Mark T

Social source share

These are the same boots that were never going to reach the market........Absolutely impossible!! I have nothing against fair priced, correctly released records, rights paid etc... these are not....!! I support Numero lookalikes but these are really counterfeits with intent to deceive.. hence the comment "Found at boot sale"

• Helpful 2
Social source share

To all and sundry that like to guess where these came from the plot thickens ( they were bought on a car boot and not in Cornwall they were bought in the Midlands on our travels along with 300 other singles bought as a job lot ) there's no intention to hide anything we thought we had struck gold me and my partner but we never said anything just paid and walked away ( well trotted off) and when we did some research and found out they were not originals we decided to put on eBay and explained they were only lookalikes ( did not try to deceive anyone ) don't know why trying to justify anything but just thought would try and correct a few people that try and 2nd guess everything when they have not got a clue and by the way lost money on those so was not done for profit or any gains 

Social source share

Also Marktsoulman you purchased the item if you are not satisfied then send straight back for full refund ( in listing it said was a lookalike but you still bid to win item ?? Why?? Then all you want to do is slate item and get people second guessing where they came from ) you knew from listing it was not a real one yet you still won then item strange ( have some of you lot on here got nothing better to do with your time the seller was not trying to decieve anyone  my other half is quiet upset that people like you and others make allegations and yet you know nothing and if you are not happy with item you purchased then send back 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Correct, I purchased and will be happy. I am not making any allegations on you John, but you have to admit it is interesting to discover the source, not you, the originators that pressed these up! I also have a full set of the Levine ones, also only for my box, as I don't spend more than a few hundred on tracks. I also have some of the early ones, yum yum as etc. I am not criticising you, just how the hell these things got made, and by whom.

i shall continue to buy real vinyl for 95% of time but I am very happy to have a nice lookalike for something that fetches 5k plus!

So look forward to receiving, and giving you 100% feedback, because I knew I was buying a lookalike.

MT

Social source share

1 hour ago, John Ar said:

Also Marktsoulman you purchased the item if you are not satisfied then send straight back for full refund ( in listing it said was a lookalike but you still bid to win item ?? Why?? Then all you want to do is slate item and get people second guessing where they came from ) you knew from listing it was not a real one yet you still won then item strange ( have some of you lot on here got nothing better to do with your time the seller was not trying to decieve anyone  my other half is quiet upset that people like you and others make allegations and yet you know nothing and if you are not happy with item you purchased then send back 

No need to be so arsey. 

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

We put out our records on the One-derful and sister logos as the authentic label designs on re issues and first releases on the unissued material, with it clearly written on the label distributed by Secret Stash Records making it clear that it's not to be confused with a 60's release, would this not be something that could be added to these look-a-likes? then there would no confusion or cause for concern about them being real or otherwise.

ALVIN.jpg

WILLIE.jpg

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mark Bicknell said:

We put out our records on the One-derful and sister logos as the authentic label designs on re issues and first releases on the unissued material, with it clearly written on the label distributed by Secret Stash Records making it clear that it's not to be confused with a 60's release, would this not be something that could be added to these look-a-likes? then there would no confusion or cause for concern about them being real or otherwise.

ALVIN.jpg

WILLIE.jpg

but doing what you do mark, makes it very dificult for the wanna be d.j's to pretend they've got a real one

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It looks nice! No other reason....... The same logic would question why pay thousands for a rare record just for the label.... But we do! My personal limit does not allow some big ticket items.... But I have several hundred mid ticket 200-500 all bought just because they are on a different label, the real one! Each to our own I guess ....

Edited by marktsoulman
Social source share

10 hours ago, marktsoulman said:

These are the same boots that were never going to reach the market........Absolutely impossible!! I have nothing against fair priced, correctly released records, rights paid etc... these are not....!! I support Numero lookalikes but these are really counterfeits with intent to deceive.. hence the comment "Found at boot sale"

But....... :huh:

Social source share

8 hours ago, Mark Bicknell said:

ALVIN.jpg

WILLIE.jpg

No idea why you bothered with the Willie Parker. I struggled to sell the original.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!