Jump to content

Ruby Winters status error [was:] sad news Ruby Winters


Roburt

Recommended Posts

site note:

the below info was posted in error by a member who hadn't confirmed the actual details

apologies on behalf of the site

 steps are being taken to try and avoid this happening in future

 

 

It has been reported (by her nephew Christopher Forehand on youtube)  that Ruby Winters has passed. A very sad loss .... R.I.P ....

... her rendition of white 'soul man' Eddie Hinton's "Sweetheart Things" is & always will be a great track.

 

RubyWinter44x.jpg

RubyWintersEddieHinton45.jpg

Link to comment
Social source share

I believe the above track (her 1st release) was produced by the same Ray Allen who produced the Imaginations (Fraternity) in Cincinnati. That would make sense as Ruby grew up in Cincinnati. The song writer is Charles E Daniels who's supposed to be the country guy Charlie Daniels !!

Link to comment
Social source share

15 hours ago, Roburt said:

It has been reported (by her nephew Christopher Forehand on youtube)  that Ruby Winters has passed. A very sad loss .... R.I.P ....

... her rendition of white 'soul man' Eddie Hinton's "Sweetheart Things" is & always will be a great track. 

Any idea of what she died of ?

Edited by Chris L
Link to comment
Social source share

13 hours ago, Roburt said:

I believe the above track (her 1st release) was produced by the same Ray Allen who produced the Imaginations (Fraternity) in Cincinnati. That would make sense as Ruby grew up in Cincinnati. The song writer is Charles E Daniels who's supposed to be the country guy Charlie Daniels !!

I believe it is ... he also composed Little Joe Roman - When You're Lonesome ... (Tuff)

A sad loss indeed .... 'Better' is one of my all-time fave femme 45s .... absolute class

Andy

 

Link to comment
Social source share

An apology has now been posted on Facebook saying that Ruby hasn't passed & apologising to her .... although that wasn't where I got the info from. 

The posting on one of the youtube videos of her tracks ("Neither One of Us") by the guy saying Ruby is his aunt still states that she has passed, but he may be too embarassed to go back on there & post a retraction.  

Edited by Roburt
Link to comment
Social source share

It seems that there is indeed much confusion everywhere over this matter.

It COULD well be that the lady in really bad health (BUT NOT PASSED) is RUBY WILSON ...

Ruby is a top live performer in Memphis & at US blues festivals. She's also this Ruby Wilson ... 

 

Link to comment
Social source share

8 hours ago, Roburt said:

An apology has now been posted on Facebook saying that Ruby hasn't passed & apologising to her .... although that wasn't where I got the info from. 

The posting on one of the youtube videos of her tracks ("Neither One of Us") by the guy saying Ruby is his aunt still states that she has passed, but he may be too embarassed to go back on there & post a retraction.  

 

Have edited  the title to reflect the above

This is not the first time that this has happened with such news

ask that in future that anyone posting such news gives as a bare minimum an actual link to the source of the news

Now closing this thread to avoid any further misunderstandings.

 

 

 

Edited by mike
corrected
Link to comment
Social source share

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.