Soulshakers International, Tonight

• Replies 126
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just a week and a bit to go, now is when I get nervous, all the hard work but will anyone turn up :lol:

But have to say the response has been great, 30+ people traveling over from europe for this, plus abunch of old faces from the Yate and Stafford days so I'll have fun anyway :P

YES THEY WILL !!!!! BUT DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT :lol:

And don't forget...........some lucky blighters will get in for nish!!

..................Check me out this Friday, 27th October between 9 and 11pm at for your chance to WIN a pair of tickets for the BIG Soulshakers International gig taking place on Saturday 4th November at Aston Villa Football Club. This will save a lucky person £20 on entrance for two to the opening party for this new gig promoted by Top Dog Soul Club and Soulshakers Bamberg.

post-4568-1161624169_thumb.jpg

post-4568-1161624211_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to promoters Dave Thorley & Malayka for supplying the tickets for this competition.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Mark R

Well it's nearly here, hope you will be able to make it to this new event. All the DJ's are really excited and all have promised to pull out all the stops. Had a great response so far. If you make it your going to have a fab time with the very best in soul music from the 60's through to todays coolest tunes played over two fantastic rooms. there are about 4 people celebrating birthdays so in the imortal words of 'Shameless' "Lets have a Paarrrty"

Full details below for event and hotels, see you on the nite.

Welcome to the Midland's newest Soul event.

This event is the result of merging Top Dog Soul Club and Soulshakers Bamberg together and has been designed to offer you a fun night out. Listening to the very best DJ's in europe playing a stunning array of soul tunes from the 60's throught to today. All of this in 2 fantastic rooms, with great sound systems and bars til 2am. Aston Villa, facilities are superb and the location makes it easy for all to get to. The venue has a massive cctv controlled car park, local train station, plus is only 10 mins from Birmingham's New Street station, for those travelling from further afield. It's situated next to junction 6 of the M6. Lastly within 5 mins of the event are several budget hotels, for those wishing to stop the night.

Dates Launch party Nov 4th, 2006 - Then first sat of every month.

Venue McGregor and Trinity suites, Aston Villa FC, Birmingham.

Music policy The best Dj's from around europe, playing their best tunes.

Room 1 Driving 60's and 70's beats

Del Larks to ZZ and Co, Margaret Little to Elipses

Room 2 Pulsating rhythms

Chapter 8 to Drizabone, James Day to Aura Jackson

Time 8pm to 2am

Regular DJ's Soul Sam, Arthur Fenn, Butch

Gavin Page, Mark Randle, Miles Eastwick, Paul Sutton

Martin Walgenbach, Malayka, Dave Thorley

November Guests Finn Johannsen (Berlin) and Lars Bulnheim (Hamburg) Ady Pountain

Guests in the pipe-line

John & Ali Nightingale, Lyn Taylor, Lionel Girrard (Paris) , Cliff Steel,

Mick H, Andy Dyson, Marc Forrest (Berlin), Dean Anderson, Colin Curtis

Oguzhan Celik (Nuremberg), James Trouble, Thorsten Wegner

(Hamburg), Krapfo (Nuremberg), Thierry Boulanger (Brussels),

Dave Greet, John Weston, Megan Willsher, Steve Lloyd, Sean Hampsey

plus many more close to confirming

For pictuers of the venue and location maps see our sub-site at www.worcssoul.info

Hotels

The Aston Hotel

393 Witton Rd

Birmingham, B6 6NS

0121 327 7055

(walking distance of event)

Also check out the NEC site for other hotels within 15 mins of the event

www.necgroup.co.uk

Dave & Malayka

Edited by Dave Thorley

Latest News, from the December date (2nd) onwards, we are pleased to gained the services of local man John Weston on the regular line up!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ll be there in spirit,but i`ll be in a mess at the 100club,Dave.........hope it goes well,

Guests in the pipe-line

how about stikcin` me in the pipeline,maybe!! :D youd be daft too unsure.gif keep on soulin` Ken.

:huh:

I`ll be there in spirit,but i`ll be in a mess at the 100club,Dave.........hope it goes well,

Guests in the pipe-line

Dave Greet, John Weston, Megan Willsher, Steve Lloyd, Sean Hampsey and the one and only Backdoor Kenny

how about stikcin` me in the pipeline,maybe!! :D youd be daft too unsure.gif keep on soulin` Ken.

:huh:

It's a deal

Well it's nearly here, hope you will be able to make it to this new event. All the DJ's are really excited and all have promised to pull out all the stops. Had a great response so far. If you make it your going to have a fab time with the very best in soul music from the 60's through to todays coolest tunes played over two fantastic rooms. there are about 4 people celebrating birthdays so in the imortal words of 'Shamless' "Lets have a Paarrrty"

Full details below for event and hotels, see you on the nite.

Welcome to the Midland's newest Soul event.

This event is the result of merging Top Dog Soul Club and Soulshakers Bamberg together and has been designed to offer you a fun night out. Listening to the very best DJ's in europe playing a stunning array of soul tunes from the 60's throught to today. All of this in 2 fantastic rooms, with great sound systems and bars til 2am. Aston Villa, facilities are superb and the location makes it easy for all to get to. The venue has a massive cctv controlled car park, local train station, plus is only 10 mins from Birmingham's New Street station, for those travelling from further afield. It's situated next to junction 6 of the M6. Lastly within 5 mins of the event are several budget hotels, for those wishing to stop the night.

Dates Launch party Nov 4th, 2006 - Then first sat of every month.

Venue McGregor and Trinity suites, Aston Villa FC, Birmingham.

Music policy The best Dj's from around europe, playing their best tunes.

Room 1 Driving 60's and 70's beats

Del Larks to ZZ and Co, Margaret Little to Elipses

Room 2 Pulsating rhythms

Chapter 8 to Drizabone, James Day to Aura Jackson

Time 8pm to 2am

Regular DJ's Soul Sam, Arthur Fenn, Butch

Gavin Page, Mark Randle, Miles Eastwick, Paul Sutton

Martin Walgenbach, Malayka, Dave Thorley

November Guests Finn Johannsen (Berlin) and Lars Bulnheim (Hamburg) Ady Pountain

Guests in the pipe-line

plus many more close to confirming

For pictuers of the venue and location maps see our sub-site at www.worcssoul.info

Hotels

The Aston Hotel

393 Witton Rd

Birmingham, B6 6NS

0121 327 7055

(walking distance of event)

Also check out the NEC site for other hotels within 15 mins of the event

www.necgroup.co.uk

Dave & Malayka

Dave as one of the birthday people........I can't wait for this great night

Gonna be a big thing tongue.gif The event that is not my age :huh:

Luv Jaynie X

PARTY DOWN IN PEOPLE TOWN....CAN I DOUBLE DECK WITH KEN :thumbsup: SHOULD BE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CnC U THERE :D

Maybe,when Dave make me resident after me first go :thumbsup: and dont cramp me style,with ya` shorts and sokcs,Chris :yes:

As long as you don't tempt Ken to wear them.

oh pleeeease :D -some of us are still digesting our dinner!!!

Looking forward to Saturday coz I'm a soul lover, but good mates being there will make it even better! Got Karen & Pete coming along in the car, haven't seen Carol & Ady since our wedding and I've heard that Malayka & her bloke will be there too :D .

Be good to see you, see you have Arthur Fenn on over your way soon as well

belgium - huh? :search:

- for unplanned chocolate shopping?

m

oh pleeeease :D -some of us are still digesting our dinner!!!

Looking forward to Saturday coz I'm a soul lover, but good mates being there will make it even better! Got Karen & Pete coming along in the car, haven't seen Carol & Ady since our wedding and I've heard that Malayka & her bloke will be there too :D .

m

Will the man be bringing the Two Plus Two, hope so, and hope he plays both sides

Guest Gavin Page

Hopefully my Botox will have kicked in by the weekend :lol:

Really looking forward to this night. Takes a lot to tear me away from X Factor these days :lol:

Tell the old man I am looking for a new drinking partner as the one I was with last Friday cannot make it wanker.gif

Really looking forward to this :rolleyes:

Gonna have some fun me thinks :P

Baz, how did you do that, it was like magic. Two treads into one :P

It is magic......One day i might show you the tricks of the trade :lol:

Hope its a good un, will be nightering my self so wont be able to make it, looks a cracking line up :rolleyes:

m

Not quite an unplanned chocolate shopping, I wished!!! I bet you it will turn into vinyl shopping :lol: But with the added attendance of Barbara Lewis :P:lol: Plus all our friends from Holland and Belgium :lol: See you on Sat Gals and guys.

C+C

:rolleyes:

Important traffic news

People travling to the venue north bound on the M6, thats west from Coventry way cannot exit Junction 6, due to road works, but it's easy did the run yesterday myself.

1 exit junction 5, after slip road roundabout follow signes for Birmingham city center,

2 over 6 roundabouts

3 t juction with Lichfield rd, left

4 100yds turn right down the side of King Edward VII pub onto Aston Hall rd

5 follow this to end, staying to the left under railway bridge halfway along

6 t junction Wittern lane, right, Aston Villa 400yds on left.

Traveling southbound M6 junction 6 is open

1 follow signs for city centre

2 then signs for Aston,

3 this brings you into the other end of Lichfield rd

4 turn left at King Edward VII pub onto Aston Hall rd, then as above

Easy :thumbsup:

When you get there totally secure parking for 300 cars

Edited by Dave Thorley

Important traffic news

People travling to the venue north bound on the M6, thats west from Coventry way cannot exit Junction 6, due to road works, but it's easy did the run yesterday myself.

1 exit junction 5, after slip road roundabout follow signes for Birmingham city center,

2 over 6 roundabouts

3 t juction with Lichfield rd, left

4 100yds turn right down the side of King Edward VII pub onto Aston Park rd

5 follow this to end, staying to the left under railway bridge halfway along

6 t junction Wittern rd, right, Aston Villa 400yds on left.

Traveling southbound M6 junction 6 is open

1 follow signs for city centre

2 then signs for Aston,

3 this brings you into the other end of Lichfield rd

4 turn left at King Edward VII pub onto Aston Park rd, then as above

Easy :thumbsup:

When you get there totally secure parking for 300 cars

Dave it might be simpler for the people coming North on the M6 to get off at the next junction (7) and then just go back down to Junc 6. It's only a couple of miles further on. Unfortunately I can't get a babysitter so I wont be getting off at either f**king junction. :thumbsup:

Jordi

Dave it might be simpler for the people coming North on the M6 to get off at the next junction (7) and then just go back down to Junc 6. It's only a couple of miles further on. Unfortunately I can't get a babysitter so I wont be getting off at either f**king junction. :thumbsup:

Jordi

True, anyway from this info above and the great map on https://www.worcssoul.info/SoulShakersInt/SSIMainPage.htm

People will have no problem getting there. Plus you can't miss it, it's massive football ground just off the M6 :thumbsup:

Shame you can't make it, but hope to see you at the Dec 2nd one

Dave :shades:

Edited by Dave Thorley

Source Advert