Most active in this topic

he anybody remember mike? nice chap.

used to collect & sell some nice stuff.

used to drive a nice MGB around 82.

remember going to the fleet all-nighter & he was on his way out saying sod this

I'm going to the 100 club. we 'flew' down to london that night. :thumbsup:

I often wonder if he's still about...

M

Mick and Mary still live in Rothwell where he has a record business. They get out and about to local do s.

Lovely lovely people.

Social source share

Fond memories of Mike. A real smoothie.

Set me up with loads of good tunes in the early 80's that I used at Clifton Hall, Cleethorpes, Bradford etc.

He came to the early Soul Essence gigs, along with with Adam, a couple of times but not seen him for nearly 10 years.

I had heard that he and Pete Shirley (another old mucka from that period) had left the Soul scene and got involved in the 'Dance' circuit (whatever that is).

A top lad!

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Set me up with loads of good tunes in the early 80's that I used at Clifton Hall, Cleethorpes, Bradford etc.

He came to the early Soul Essence gigs, along with with Adam, a couple of times but not seen him for nearly 10 years.

I had heard that he and Pete Shirley (another old mucka from that period) had left the Soul scene and got involved in the 'Dance' circuit (whatever that is).

A top lad!

Sean Hampsey

Pete Shirley was out with Mick and Mary at Desborough last month. I think he s still in Nottingham.

T

x

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Pete Shirley was out with Mick and Mary at Desborough last month. I think he s still in Nottingham.

T

x

Yep ... and they all came back to our`s after desborogh and we had hell of a party....... :thumbsup::)
Social source share

Good lad Mick, last time I seen him was last Southport we all went a good few years ago. think Mr Salter who is on here sometimes may still be in contact

Sean Hampsey

Pete Shirley another top lad, again think Robin may still be in touch.

And I think the Dance Scene you so quaintly refer to was just the Modern Soul scene of its time (another thread maybe!!) to some of us biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

I'm going to the 100 club. we 'flew' down to london that night. :)

M

Bought quite a few tunes off him in the early 80s-Voltair Pier springs to mind....Nice Bloke.

Social source share

And I think the Dance Scene you so quaintly refer to was just the Modern Soul scene of its time (another thread maybe!!) to some of us :lol::lol:

Cheers

Jock

Don't think so Jock. Not seen Mike or Pete at a Modern gig for years. It was 'Dance' they got into.

I was shocked at the time. :lol:

Known Pete since the 70's and always thought he had good taste. Known Mike since the very early 80's and always thought the same. But they got into 'Dance' I tell ya.

Bloody 'Dance'.

Mike even laughed at me once for dancing to Maxine Brown's "Don't Leave Me Baby".

Told me I couldn't dance... to 'that bloody thing'.

Still don't know if he was on about the record... or my dancing. :lol:

Shocking.

Good lads though.

:huh:

Sean

Social source share

Bought quite a few tunes off him in the early 80s-Voltair Pier springs to mind....Nice Bloke.

Saw him a few months back at Dezboro Ritz - I'd swear he hasn't changed at all in 25 years - I am sure he is the living incarnation of Dorian Gray (picture in the attic etc.). But seriously a down to earth and friendly guy. He ended up trading garrige / house / r&b / rap etc and told me he has a warehouse of that stuff.

Top bloke :(

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Gavin Page

A top lad!

Sean Hampsey

Got a great picture of him with a pair of Boxer Shorts on his head :thumbsup:

Top Bloke :thumbsup:

Social source share

I had a great chat with him at the last Cleethorpes, still the same dry humour. Mick used to find some great records, sold me the first copies of Sir Henry Ivy and Ronnie Loveman Stokes, that I played at Stafford. Mary always had a kind word, when things weren't going well. It was good to see them both.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Awake 502

I'm going to the 100 club. we 'flew' down to london that night. :thumbsup:

M

He was the guy who put me onto Sydney Joe Qualls, via tape sat in my car in the Winter Gardens Car Park.

Bought the LP and played it that night, monster sound, early 80's.

Genuine guy and great prices, especially on 60's stuff.... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert