George Blackwell - orig/boot?

Guest espo

I was gifted a few tunes over the weekend----including a copy of George Blackwell---Can,t loose my head

I know its been on here before but i cant for the life of me remember how to tell the difference between the boot and the orig

Anyone help?

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 3 years later...

I bought one off Pat Brady's list for £15 way back in the day. Blue label, maybe silver writing, styrene IIRC. One night at Stafford years later Pete Lawson found it in my salesbox and told me that not only was it a boot, it was he and a mate who booted it in the 70's.

Later when I mentioned this to Pat, he reckoned I, Pete or both of us must have been "mistaken"...:rolleyes:

Social source share

I bought one off Pat Brady's list for £15 way back in the day. Blue label, maybe silver writing, styrene IIRC. One night at Stafford years later Pete Lawson found it in my salesbox and told me that not only was it a boot, it was he and a mate who booted it in the 70's.

Later when I mentioned this to Pat, he reckoned I, Pete or both of us must have been "mistaken"...:rolleyes:

The 1st boot is the one done by Pete Lawson and Chris Fletcher - faded yellow one sided, this is the faster version, I'll post a copy up later on tonight.

Social source share

The 1st boot is the one done by Pete Lawson and Chris Fletcher - faded yellow one sided, this is the faster version, I'll post a copy up later on tonight.

There is also a double sided yellow boot

KB - 200 - A (scratched)

post-11139-12694215793099_thumb.jpg

KB - 200 - B (scratched)

post-11139-12694215987156_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

First boot is vinyl and a very good look alike but has PB in the run off. Second boot is styrene (also has PB in run off). Third boot is yellow and on vinyl. I think there is a 4th, also yellow, at the wrong speed.

==================================================================================

What about this one then Pete styrene MR Stamp 100220 blue label same as original ?

think it surfaced in the uk around the mid 70,s

Who was responsible for this counterfiet done at Monarch

Edited by IANCSLOFT
Social source share

==================================================================================

What about this one then Pete styrene MR Stamp 100220 blue label same as original ?

probably the same one as mentioned by Barry :rolleyes:

sorry, responded to the first bit just before your edit asking who was responsible :tumbleweed3:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

That's the second one I mention above.

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif HI LADS,COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT THIS ONE IS,I BOUGHT IT A FEW YRS BACK..MR;stamped..KB-200-A..<;100226. KB-200-B..<;100226~X..writen in to run outs..

THANX,i was going to start puttin this and a hell of a lot of other stuff i have twice or that i dont require..

on EBAY ? thanx;;KENNY H.post-11211-12694315426382_thumb.jpg

That's the second one I mention above.

Edited by burt weed on
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

First boot is vinyl and a very good look alike but has PB in the run off. Second boot is styrene (also has PB in run off). Third boot is yellow and on vinyl. I think there is a 4th, also yellow, at the wrong speed.

The 4th one is white plain label with black writing - I know this for sure because I was half responsible for it and played at 48rpm along with the Marsha gee at the same speed. How naughty was I then in those days and Broadway Sissy was going to be next but I bottled it!ohmy.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert