Jump to content

Show us your great photos (2020)


Recommended Posts

Posted
8 hours ago, Soulstrutter said:

I'll try that line on the Mrs ... and see if I get anywhere 🤣

Yes, do. In fact, go one further and buy her some nice woofer holders for Valentine's Day! 👍🏼🤗

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Views 54.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NATURE IS WONDERFUL 🙏✊🎶

A New Year means a new Soul Source photography thread! Starting in 2013, "Show us your great photos" has proved to be a long-lived favourite - all because of the continued contributions and involvemen

Hi folks,   Walking earlier for my hour exercise,the route takes me along a canal for a substantial part of the way,very rural,lovely and peaceful. During the walk i passed FIVE wh

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

It's times like this I wish I had a fabulous camera! I thought it was a diamond! 

soul IMG_20200201_111936821

I wish I had a  fabulous diamond 😎 

It's a lovely picture Mrs,   joking apart it really does look like a diamond, 

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

The first real signs of spring.  Hawthorn tree with new leaves . Taken today 1st Feb at Pennington flash 

soul 20200201_115206

Curiously lacking in thorns, I'd like a close up of the leaves as I think you might have stumbled on something strange.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

Curiously lacking in thorns, I'd like a close up of the leaves as I think you might have stumbled on something strange.

I agree! It's way too early for hawthorn? We don't usually see it until April.....x

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
49 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I agree! It's way too early for hawthorn? We don't usually see it until April.....x

My Chinese elm are just coming into leaf and that's in the south of Spain.  I'm puzzled! (commonplace occurrence)

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Tattoodave said:

Curiously lacking in thorns, I'd like a close up of the leaves as I think you might have stumbled on something strange.

Dave.  I only used the mobile phone for the picture.  So this is all I have mate .  I will try and get back there soon , never even looked at the tree , just assumed it was a hawthorn.

Had the big white slung over my shoulder.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave.  I only used the mobile phone for the picture.  So this is all I have mate .  I will try and get back there soon , never even looked at the tree , just assumed it was a hawthorn.

Had the big white slung over my shoulder.

Admittedly the leaf shape does look similar to Crataegus monogyna, even if it isn't, it is still an earlier than normal sign of spring.

Edited by Tattoodave
stupidity
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The actual branches look very Hawthorny but the leaves .....I mean it could be....but I watch for hawthorn every year and have since I was an egg (just hatched), and late March is the earliest I've seen it.....but.....who knows? It's been an incredibly mild winter. X

12 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave.  I only used the mobile phone for the picture.  So this is all I have mate .  I will try and get back there soon , never even looked at the tree , just assumed it was a hawthorn.

Had the big white slung over my shoulder.

You had a shark slung over your shoulder?  😲

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
24 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

It's a great white isn't it...d'oh....🙄

Only you. 😊. I had visions of getting slapped in the face by a  dorsal fin. 🤔 off my tripod and they don't even have them. 🤣

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

From today at Pennington Flash. There was 29 snipe huddled together . Whats the collective name for a flock of snipe ?

  

soul IB2A2358 (2)

A snaggle.....of snipers....

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Flamingemeralds said:

A snaggle.....of snipers....

Try again ...... No googling . I actually didn,t know it until i googled . I wanted to know because they all have a collective / countryside name and i,m curious 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

It's a great white isn't it...d'oh....🙄

The big white....... it's the same length  as  a standard door size 

soul 20200201_201300

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
20 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

A snaggle.....of snipers....

Won't keep you in suspenders anymore.  It's a Walk or Wisp of Snipe.  Think I prefer the Wisp of Snipe.  Got a nice sound to it. 

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

From today at Pennington Flash. There was 29 snipe huddled together . Whats the collective name for a flock of snipe ?

  

soul IB2A2358 (2)

I was always told that it's "a walk", which sounds weird.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
54 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Won't keep you in suspenders anymore.  It's a Walk or Wisp of Snipe.  Think I prefer the Wisp of Snipe.  Got a nice sound to it. 

 

I do too. A wisp of snipe. What's the collective name for soulies?  A ............ of soulies.  The big white is a bit like the space shuttle.....

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

I was always told that it's "a walk", which sounds weird.

Think it's depending on your part of the country Dave. . Walk does sound a bit weird 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

My father used to use all sorts of words that baffled me, he'd call a thrush a throstle, which I thought was something to do with the woollen industry, and he always called them "a walk of snipe", I'm with you, I prefer "wisp" or "whisp".  Apparently they are good eating, though the source of that wasn't my father, he barely ate meat apart from pork pies and haslet.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I do too. A wisp of snipe. What's the collective name for soulies?  A ............ of soulies.  The big white is a bit like the space shuttle.....

I think a cuddle of soulies is nice but thats as long as it's women cuddling me. 🤗

I've actually watched the space shuttle through it and forgot to press the button to take a photograph.  🤔🤣. It was quick though.  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

My father used to use all sorts of words that baffled me, he'd call a thrush a throstle, which I thought was something to do with the woollen industry, and he always called them "a walk of snipe", I'm with you, I prefer "wisp" or "whisp".  Apparently they are good eating, though the source of that wasn't my father, he barely ate meat apart from pork pies and haslet.

One of the original game birds Dave so I'm led to believe.  You would have to be bloody quick though 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

One of the original game birds Dave so I'm led to believe.  You would have to be bloody quick though 

I used to go bush beating as a teenager to supplement my habits and have only ever seen one shot.  I'm sure there's a dead one in a famous painting, though by whom I have no idea as I'm a little gin fogged at the moment

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
41 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I do too. A wisp of snipe. What's the collective name for soulies?  A ............ of soulies.  The big white is a bit like the space shuttle.....

Two options... A Shuffle of Soulies...   And an Embarrassment of Divs

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I simply just had to share this amazing photograph by a guy called Mikhail Kalinin                          It was titled.  

      Sometimes you can see a bird sing. 

 

 

 

soul 20200205_083212

  • Up vote 8
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Veedub said:

WOW ! that is amazing !

I've been lucky enough to meet some really good photographers and see some special photographs but this is as good as it gets in my opinion.

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I had a walk around my local patch today. aahh, almost like Spring 😀. Here's a few pics I took. All I have is a Canon compact digital that cost a couple of hundred quid, but you can still get some nice pictures if you get out and about and have a go .

 

soul a

soul b

soul c

soul d

soul e

soul f

  • Up vote 7
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
41 minutes ago, Veedub said:

I had a walk around my local patch today. aahh, almost like Spring 😀. Here's a few pics I took. All I have is a Canon compact digital that cost a couple of hundred quid, but you can still get some nice pictures if you get out and about and have a go .

 

soul a

soul b

soul c

soul d

soul e

soul f

Very nice pictures.  Especially against that gorgeous blue sky

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Cheers Ste ! Been out of work for a couple of months and birdwatching keeps me sane.lol ,  its good for the soul. 

Edited by Veedub
typo
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
59 minutes ago, Veedub said:

Cheers Ste ! Been out of work for a couple of months and birdwatching keeps me sane.lol ,  its good for the soul. 

It certainly is good for the soul mate.  Too late for my sanity though.  I would have struggled at 16 never mind 61. Your in a nice part of the country for a bit of birding 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
18 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

It certainly is good for the soul mate.  Too late for my sanity though.  I would have struggled at 16 never mind 61. Your in a nice part of the country for a bit of birding 

Same here mate. Decades of gear, teetering on the edge, trying to make sense of it all 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

That's quite a selection of birds? Is that a very chubby thrush?? With all his feathers fluffed up? What are the others? Lovely pics though and that sky!!! It's actually bluer than blue!?

 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

That's quite a selection of birds? Is that a very chubby thrush?? With all his feathers fluffed up? What are the others? Lovely pics though and that sky!!! It's actually bluer than blue!?

 

Top to bottom.  Song Thrush.  Stone chat. ( female) . Buzzard. And I think a meadow pipit . I hope I'm right.  😁

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Top to bottom.  Song Thrush.  Stone chat. ( female) . Buzzard. And I think a meadow pipit . I hope I'm right.  😁

I thought so too, but now I cant decide if if its a Song thrush or a Mistle thrush ?? Round splodges rather than V markes ? 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
10 minutes ago, Veedub said:

I thought so too, but now I cant decide if if its a Song thrush or a Mistle thrush ?? Round splodges rather than V markes ? 

That little stone chat is cute!  You wonder who thinks up these names? "Stone chat".  Must talk to pebbles? Or be on a Rolling Stones forum? 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
11 minutes ago, Veedub said:

I thought so too, but now I cant decide if if its a Song thrush or a Mistle thrush ?? Round splodges rather than V markes ? 

Hard to tell going off my mobile phone pictures.  Was it singing  ? That would be the giveaway 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

That little stone chat is cute!  You wonder who thinks up these names? "Stone chat".  Must talk to pebbles? Or be on a Rolling Stones forum? 

Mrs of the multi talents .  There call sounds like when you tap two stones/ pebbles together.  😁. Or they get stoned and chat 🤣

Edited by Winsford Soul
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Yes if you tap two stones together they go mental lol ! (  but you shouldnt do that !) 

The thrush wasnt singing, it looked quite large ?

soul source url
Social source share
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  1. Great Things, Great Condition, Great Prices - All £10.00
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Sat 25 Apr 2020
    • 1 / 652
    • Roger Banks on 25 Apr 2020
  2. Show Us Your Great Photos 2021
    Freebasing by Amsterdam Russ on Fri 01 Jan 2021
    • 20 / 1000
    • Amsterdam Russ on 16 Jan 2021
  3. 55 Great Titles Great Prices
    Record Sales by Sleeps45 on Tue 27 Dec 2011
    • 2 / 1011
    • Sleeps45 on 29 Dec 2011
  4. Great List Of Classic Dancers All Great 45s
    Record Sales by Raresoul45s on Fri 03 Jun 2011
    • 1 / 668
    • Raresoul45s on 03 Jun 2011
  5. The Wifey's Clear Out - Part 3 - Great 45's At Great Prices
    Record Sales by Benji on Thu 11 Feb 2010
    • 1 / 682
    • Benji on 11 Feb 2010

Related Soul Music Links


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.