JMAuction - 04/01/2023 - Results!

Zanetti

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I was not so aware that this Cresa record is such a monster.
JM mentions in his explanation that this is the same record that was up for auction in early 2022.
Does anyone here still know the approximate value?

It's been massive for some years, went big at Lifeline and has always been rare and commanded big money.  The reason everyone wanted Robert Thomas and the Rita Lee reissue os cause they couldn't get this one

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

It's been massive for some years, went big at Lifeline and has always been rare and commanded big money.  The reason everyone wanted Robert Thomas and the Rita Lee reissue os cause they couldn't get this one

Relative to that, and quoting from JM's auction text...

A record that Major Bill Smith reissued as Rita Lee on the white label with pink text in the late 70's when Northern Soul stalwart "Brad" requested a limited reissue, from, Major Bill. That reissue itself today is extremely elusive and highly valued also.

Who was "Brad" and how could he have requested a reissue of a 45 that even today has only...

...as little as 4 known copies on the scene for the last 50+ years...

Social source share

11 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Relative to that, and quoting from JM's auction text...

Who was "Brad" and how could he have requested a reissue of a 45 that even today has only...

Brad is from Burnley way, Colne I think he lives now? He was corresponding with Major Bill way back. Brad found many a good record in his time which he supplied to Djs. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

43 minutes ago, Chalky said:

It’s funny how records that are out of reach of the majority, ones most will never own are the worst records ever yet they ram a dance floor 🙄🤪

It may ram a dance floor but that don't make it a good 45, its still awful Chalky, just my opinion, not worth a lot I know but there it is.............loads of records out of my reach some good some shite 🙂

Social source share

21 hours ago, Will said:

The Cresa is a genuine rarity - 'Monster' is definitely an apt word. Last year it went for £5,016

If I remember rightly this Cresa version went for about £1300 a few years ago (maybe 4 - 5 years) - think it was on Ebay. It was discussed on here and deemed to be a bargain.

Edited by Bbrich
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

It’s funny how records that are out of reach of the majority, ones most will never own are the worst records ever yet they ram a dance floor 🙄🤪

Some of the worst records (IMO) that also ram a dancefloor are actually quite cheap. I would probably like this version more if I didn't hear Robert Thomas virtually every time I go out.

Social source share

58 minutes ago, Phil Shields said:

It may ram a dance floor but that don't make it a good 45, its still awful Chalky, just my opinion, not worth a lot I know but there it is.............loads of records out of my reach some good some shite 🙂

I’m just being facetious mate. Just when ever something goes for serious money no one likes it 😆 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

22 minutes ago, Bbrich said:

If I remember rightly this Cresa version went for about £1300 a few years ago (maybe 4 - 5 years) - think it was on Ebay. It was discussed on here and deemed to be a bargain.

Yes, well-remembered! I found that one while it was on auction. £1,407, from a UK seller. The vinyl is VG and the labels are clean. This Manship one is graded M- vinyl with WOL

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!