A Bit of Soul Source on your Christmas Dinner?

Peter99

58 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Well it's nearly Christmas!ย ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿฝย ๐Ÿคถ๐Ÿฝ

So, what soul record reminds you of Christmas? The thread isn't going to be fussy, just a bit of fun - notwithstanding that Christmas can be a very difficult time for some people. You don't need to write an intro if that doesn't suit you - just posting your pick(s) would be great too. Picks don't need to be rare - just soulful.ย ๐Ÿ™‚

My first one - you can have more than one go, is from Edwin Starr. What a great vocalist he was. He also did a lot of work here in the UK, where he settled, with his wife, in Nottingham. I met him on a number of occasions. I think I recall Jools Holland saying that Edwin was the best vocalist that he had worked with live on his TV show. Edwin is buried in the same cemetery as my mum, who died in a fire on Boxing Day, a number of years ago now. (My mum not Edwin) I often think of Edwin's voice, singing to my mum through the warm breeze of the cemetery.ย  So, here goes, with Edwin Starr, Love, (The lonely peoples prayer).ย  Thanks everyone, and I'm wishing all of my SS friends, and everyone on the site, a Peaceful Christmas. Peter, err, 99.ย ๐Ÿ‘Š

Mm, I hope this file download has worked - I'm rusty.

Thank you for sharing, a tragic story with a beautiful thought.ย  We will certainly be thinking of you this Christmas. ๐Ÿ™

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

ร—
ร—