2024 - New Soul Releases

A simple topic set up to inform on 2024 soul related releases...

Acid Jazz notes

We’re thrilled to announce a brand new single from Dee C Lee, out now on all digital platforms 👆.

‘Walk Away’ was written by Dee and former fellow Style Councillor Mick Talbot, who brings his distinctive piano and Wurlitzer playing to the track.

Walk Away · Dee C Lee Walk Away ℗ Acid Jazz Acquisitions Ltd. Released on: 2024-01-04 Composer: Mick Talbot Composer: Dee C Lee

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 16/01/2024 at 16:22, Seano said:

This one arrived today from North Broad Street:

Just happened to notice that the label title on the actual record has Yvonne Baker's track as "I Need Love" instead of "You Need Love". Oops.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mike said:

Gospel-soul masters Michelle David & The True-tones unleash "Brothers And Sisters", the first single and title track taken from their upcoming new album "Brothers & Sisters". The single is out today on all digital platforms, while the album will be released next April 5th. 

Do hope this gets a 45 vinyl release, absolute Stormper , cheers for the heads up Mike

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Another great track by Jalen......... going along those lines check out "Love and flowers" (us 7) by Les Imprimes taken from the album "Reverie" from last August which is a great retro album. And another us 7 which is a funky version of "Beggin" by The Diasonics

Social source share

Album: Foxy Lady [SINGLE] Track: 1 of 2 Title: Foxy Lady Artist: Lee Tracy & Isaac Manning Label: Athens Of The North Cat#: ATH178 Formats: 7" Vinyl/Digital Digital Release: 1st March 2024 Physical Release: 1st March 2024

Social source share

It almost seems wrong to say it, but I was a bit disappointed with the new Jalen track. It felt a bit '1969 by numbers' and not that memorable.  Perhaps it is just be me, but I'm also getting bored of the new retro sound, which beyond its Daptone and related origins is becoming a widely adopted thing. A lot of it is very samey in sound and production, with songs that aren't that great. Artists such as Cleo Sol manage to sound contemporary and build on the past without being stuck in it. 

Edited by Thinksmart
  • Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Happy Feet said:

Michelle David & The True-tones " Brothers And Sisters b/w That Is You " Record Kicks , superb twofer landed yesterday , thanks Mike for heads up 

Just had the flip on youtube  shorts looping in the background, it works really well here as a loop

try it out below loop setup...

• Thanks 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Upcoming Soul Release 45, I expect further details will follow shortly

The Summits - Window Shopping - (Soul Direction Origins) SDO1010A

plus
Tommy McGee - Come On - (Soul Direction Origins) SDO1009A

• Up vote 1
Social source share

The new Hotlanta CD out from Ace/Kent this week is unreleased Soul - I'm looking forward to the pre-order arriving.

Those Soul Direction discoveries are excellent.

I cannot get the single edit reissue of Lawrence Beaman's Thinking Of You out of my head at present.  Very Barry White sounding:

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product/lawrence-beamen-thinking-of-you-the-7-remix-been-a-long-time-7-vinyl-black-picture-sleeve-pre-order-in-stock-8-3-24/

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'God's Love' is the newest rendition from The Harlem Gospel Travelers. Plucked from the depths of the Numero Group catalog, the group gives this hidden gem a modern, bright, exciting and refreshing spin. The track showcases George's phenomenal falsettos; his voice entrancingly soars. This, matched with the tight melodic harmonies from the rest of the group, makes it as if they are one voice. It's a strong blend that hasn't been displayed from HGT before. To make the track their own, the group pulls inspiration from modern R&B and alternative music. They're taking their music, style, and look in a new direction. "This song is meant to be a hug when you need it...." member and co-producer Ifedayo explains, "....to make you smile when you want to cry. And most of all, to make you feel loved."

Produced by Eli "Paperboy" Reed & Ifedayo

download...

https://colemine.lnk.to/clmn12052

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!