Beware scammer

9 hours ago, Mike said:

can ya let us know where/how/when did this happen?

was it via here or elsewhere

any details , emails, images etc etc

any info would be most helpful in dealing with such scammers

thanks

He first came to light last Tuesday 23rd when he messaged me saying he had a £300 want I was after.

His Facebook profile history seemed to be three days old which I found strange. I messaged the four mutual friends, none of whom knew him.

He messaged again requesting friends & family payment on PayPal to his email - westfieldbeds@gmail.com

As his profile stated he was ‘Cheif Administrative Officer’ for Bromley Council, this was the last straw and I suspected he was a scammer. That and only two people I know with Little John - Heart Breakin Time were two people, neither of whom wanted to sell. Then along comes this guy?

His profile pic looks like he was the right age for Wigan, sat on his Royal Alloy. As he’d requested lots of our people as friends, this shored up his F&F requests and on Monday night he fleeced a Belgian collector for six hundred quid. 😠

IMG_9686.jpeg

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

last weekend he cotacted me with a want, and he reduced the asking price. i asked for scan of the record, also a video, and a picture of him holding the record. the video footage was off youtube, so that rang alarm bells. he said he was to busy to send a picture, with him holding the goods.

he said if you don't trust me,i will sell to someone else, and get more. so watch out guys. i was lucky this time.

Edited by Nitram
Social source share

It's never a good idea to buy records off someone you don't know, or whom a person you know to exist (and preferably more than one) can't vouch for. This is straightforward fraud, but of course the police don't deal with that sort of crime any more. See if you can get him to misgender you, then you might be in with a chance.

Social source share

Thankfully i managed to stop the transaction at the very last minute.

Cheeky git just tried requesting payment. 

I reported him to PayPal along with links to other sites stating his activities. 

Hopefully something comes of it.

I've been supplied an address in Keighley,but unsure if that's a front/false information. 

Social source share

28 minutes ago, Geronimo said:

Thankfully i managed to stop the transaction at the very last minute.

Cheeky git just tried requesting payment. 

I reported him to PayPal along with links to other sites stating his activities. 

Hopefully something comes of it.

I've been supplied an address in Keighley,but unsure if that's a front/false information. 

I reckon he is in Keighley. Bearing in mind his email westfieldbeds@gmail.com gov.uk lists the company hq in Keighley with a Czech Director.

My mate Steve lives there and was gonna pop in and ask if Tom or Stan were about, lol.

IMG_9700.jpeg

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9693.jpeg

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly same experience with scammer calling himself Michael Roberts yesterday. He sent me fairly convincing photos, but when I said I wasn’t going to pay via friends and family he backed out. Alerted FB moderator. He’s done his best to look convincing by sending friends invites that have been accepted to fair few well known faces.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

15 hours ago, Tilly71 said:

Any decent seller would state if not paying by F&F add 4% to cover fees.

That was definitely a flag. As was when I called him and he mysteriously couldn’t take my call. Moreover no mention of postage costs at any stage, which makes sense as it’s never going to be sent.

His Facebook page told a story, exactly the same as the last scammer, a few YouTube soul related clips with zero likes or comments. A profile picture updated the day before and scrolling down, no real depth of history on the page.

This is the blueprint of a scammer and makes them fairy easy to spot.

One thing that would make life easier is if people wouldn’t just accept friend requests from these random wrongun chancers.

Edited by Simsy
Additional information
Social source share

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Another scammer going by the name Ian Weatley/wheatley has been trying it on via Facebook and I’ve been told via this platform too. Buyer beware.

can't see any member with that or similar name on here, if anyone has got a member name or email of this character on here, then let us know either via reply or pm and can get rid of sharpest

Social source share