News: New Kent Cd - A Different World - The Holland Dozier Holland Songbook

Source News/Article/Feature Highlight:

A Different World - The Holland Dozier Holland Songbook - Various Artists (Songwriter Series) - CDTOP 520

'The Sound Of Young America- an extensive salute to the classic songs of Motown and Detroit's flagship tunesmiths of the 60s and 70s.'

A new addition to Kent records long running 'Songwriter Series', billed as 'a long-overdue addition', details and more follow below..

View full article

• Up vote 1
Social source share

My sentiments exactly. This looks like a compilation for readers of Q magazine rather than anyone likely to subscribe here. As such, not illegitimate, but compared to the compilations of Van McCoy and Thom Bell productions, for example, this is a very different proposition that won't be finding its way into my collection.

For which Mrs Finn is very grateful.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I buy pretty much every Kent release, but this is a strange one. I don't have The Band, The Fall, Vanilla Fudge or Laura Nyro and don't have any particular desire to hear them. I've made a playlist of the rest of the tracks and it's pretty decent. 

Social source share

3 hours ago, Soulfinger said:

I buy pretty much every Kent release, but this is a strange one. I don't have The Band, The Fall, Vanilla Fudge or Laura Nyro and don't have any particular desire to hear them. I've made a playlist of the rest of the tracks and it's pretty decent. 

Laura Nyro's 1971 album, 'It's Gonna Take a Miracle' is worth getting hold of.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!