Have Love Will Travel

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

Just watching the cricket on sky sports and in the interval an advert came on about some kind of insurance service available and the music to it was, Have love will travel, i didnt recognise it as either Richard Berry or Lee Maye but then again i was being spoken to by the wife and couldnt concentrate on it properly, anyone else seen or heard it.

Bearsy

Social source share

• Replies 50
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

Was it the one they used a year or two back featuring the Sonics version maybe?

not sure Pete but it was a very deep grunty kind of voice if you know what i mean :thumbsup:

Social source share

Am going to upload The Sonics version but also another track by them, Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark which I posted up about 3 years ago and is BRILLIANT, I rerecorded it into mono and stuck it on an acetate and played it out, it sounded fantastic. There was no one in at the time mind.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Am going to upload The Sonics version but also another track by them, Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark which I posted up about 3 years ago and is BRILLIANT, I rerecorded it into mono and stuck it on an acetate and played it out, it sounded fantastic. There was no one in at the time mind.

Anymore info on label and price Pete and if so do you have one as i have the other 2.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

the best version of this is by Willie Carr on Mari.....luckily its ended up with me...... :yes:

any chance of a sound clip Platters

Social source share

Have Love will Travel - woody carr - mari

This went from Des P....To Spaghetti W...back to Des...finally to me.....research says its prob a very hard one..take the tune to 1964 and the doowop is replaced by lurching horns.....very fit label design

Edited by platters 81
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

the best version of this is by Woody Carr on Mari.....luckily its ended up with me...... :yes:

the hollywood hurricanes version is bloody great , and also hard to find

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

the hollywood hurricanes version is bloody great , and also hard to find

Do you have a sound clip Davie :yes:

i didnt realise so many had covered it

Social source share

Have Love will Travel - woody carr - mari

This went from Des P....To Spaghetti W...back to Des...finally to me.....research says its prob a very hard one..take the tune to 1964 and the doowop is replaced by lurching horns.....very fit label design

LOVE IT,,,AND WHAT A GREAT LABEL AS WELL :yes:

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Check out this version recorded in 2005 by an Irish band called The Things.

They also recorded Psycho which The Sonics did too.

Cheers,

Rich.

certainly a bit different Richard, how do you think that would go down a soul night :D

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Well it's not soul? But I like it!

Just thought people would be interested to hear it. :D

Great live band if you get chance to see them.

All the best,

Rich.

Social source share

Thanks to you all, what an education this site is :thumbsup:

I want one of each copy please :P

especially the Sonics :D

You can get loadsa stuff by psycho sonics on big beat cds,subsidury of Ace records :D

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

You can get loadsa stuff by psycho sonics on big beat cds,subsidury of Ace records :D

thanks Ken, you bowl of knowledge you :thumbsup:

Social source share

I want one of each copy please :wicked:

especially the Sonics :shades:

The Sonics version of "Have Love Will Travel" is LP-only as far as a 60s releases goes, but it was issued on a 7" on Norton Records in the mid-90's which can be had for $10 or less if you search around a bit. Their version is by far the best one of this particular tune in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Thanks to you all, what an education this site is :thumbsup:

I want one of each copy please :wicked:

especially the Sonics :shades:

the hollywood huricanes is approx £100

Social source share

Inspired by Pete-S's indie thread in Freebasing, I dug out some of my 1980's indie compilation tapes and to my amazement, as I'd completely forgot about it, "Have love will travel" comes belting out the speakers courtesy of Leicester band, Crazyhead. Talk about coincidence! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

I got the Woody Carr from "Bop Street" Records (I think that was the name) in Seattle a couple of Years ago along with some other odd local releases, plus some F***ing good Northern at cheap prices, for a change!

DES PARKER

ugh bop street ... dont get me started on that guy.

woody carr ... great version. someone on here asked me about it a few months ago.

EDIT: Its was Platters81 who asked about it/put me on to it. still havent seen a copy.

Edited by Kevin J
Social source share

Just watching the cricket on sky sports and in the interval an advert came on about some kind of insurance service available and the music to it was, Have love will travel, i didnt recognise it as either Richard Berry or Lee Maye but then again i was being spoken to by the wife and couldnt concentrate on it properly, anyone else seen or heard it.

Bearsy

it's by the sonics mate....dob

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert