The Top 3 Northern Sounds In The Uk Are

Pete S

You are right (again :lol: ) , SJST was covered as James Conwell, the flip side however Jim W had covered as Gene McDaniels, cant remember if Colin played that out, will ask tonight and also the name of the other disc.

Cheers

Jock

link

Cheers mate :lol: maybe the other side should be played again, would no doubt bump the price up another couple of 100 whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 59
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks Billy! whistling.gif

The attractions- "You don't know boy' -JuneBug. Similar, in many ways, to Rhonda Davis- Duke, yet still relatively unplayed/unknown. I have had one of these since '93, and have played it out on many occasions, but still a 'sleeper' IMHO. Not seen that often either. If you get to the Wilton aniversary in March, remind me, and I'll spin it for you! :lol:

link

Cheers Trevski great floater IMHO chilling out to the boss four-walkin' by.

Billy :lol:

Social source share

:lol: Bobby Rich- There has to be a girl- somewhere for me

:lol: Marvin L Simms- Get off my back

:lol: Vanguards- Good Times Bad Times

All brilliant in my humble opinion

whistling.gif:lol:

Social source share

Guest NickCull

Does anyone know of any other releases on the label? Only two I know of are Delites and Thornton Sisters, but I haven't really being looking... :shhh:

Actually never heard Thornton Sisters, so has anyone got a soundbyte they wouldn't ming sharing?

Billy :yes:

link

Apologies in advance if this does'nt work but it should be a Thornton Sisters sound file. Not to sure what I'm doing!

Social source share

DEON JACKSON- SUN WILL SHINE - IS A ATLANTIC ACETATE THAT'S BEAT REALLY BADLY , WHEN I WORKED AT BROWNY'S KOPPELL PLAYED IT ME OVER THE PHONE AND ASKED IF I THOUGHT IT'D GO , I TOOK THE ORIGINAL CUTS (4)  OFF THE ORIGINAL ACETATE AND I THINK IT WAS SOLD TO NIGE PARKER  - CAN'T REMEMBER I THINK THEY HAD CUTS OF IT LIKE I DID ( CARL AND GARY) .

NOT SURE WHERE IT RESIDES NOW- BUT REGARDLESS IT'SONLY JUST PLAYABLE !!

link

Nige Parker bought it from Tim around 1989 for about £700, and when he sold up it went to Carl Fortnum who had it in his box about a year ago. (clip in sounds section complete with eggs frying in the background!)

Social source share

Yes at least that, certainly Colin had this, got of Jim Wensoira when he was selling covered as Gene Mcdaniels I think, Jim had only played it a few times, became a monster for COlin, same time as Kim ?? I Saw You last Night which Colin found in States, I covered as Valerie Simpson and it was monster for him, have heard this is getting a few spins now.

Cheers

Jock 

link

It's Kim Katrell on Tyson Jock :D Soundfile anyone :D

Social source share

Apologies in advance if this does'nt work but it should be a Thornton Sisters sound file. Not to sure what I'm doing!

link

Other side btw offers a great thumping version of "Ooh Po Pah Do"...and it is not the version that was played c/up a couple of years ago as that was by someone else (have the record at home but can´t remember the name) on Delfi Records.

Marc

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Seconded laugh.gif

especially as i played The Attractions as long ago as Stafford,and Bonnie Herman was my Patience Valentine Cover up at Bretby(got it as an unknown from Glen Bellamy)

first time Bonnie Herman was played I sold it to Duncan Pollett for 25 quid thinking Glen had another copy in his box,he did but it was the other record by her :shhh: so i had to get mine back!luckily Duncan  hadn´t looked under the cover and was understanding :Dand it became a real Bretby sound :wicked:

link

Hi Steve, its Duncan here

Just joined the site and am doing some browsing funny to hear you tell that story

take care mate

Duncan

Edited by Duncan Pollett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert