Chris Clark - Do I Love You

Guest Rich Walker

Guest Rich Walker

Hi gang,

Bit of a newbie question here... How much would an original US copy of Chris Clark - Do I Love You set me back. Is it hard to get hold of?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks SO much for your help. thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Rich.

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Rich Walker

Oh dear...

So that means i'll never be able to own an original of this song. :thumbsup:

Oh well... i'll have to wait for Mr Burrell to get shift of his Frank Wilson version. wicked.gif

Cheers for the help.

Thanks,

Rich.

Social source share

Yes i have one just like that must have been a few pressed

only paid a tenner

Steve.

Do you mean it's not a real one then ....... whistling.gif

Malc Burton

Social source share

Hi gang,

Bit of a newbie question here... How much would an original US copy of Chris Clark - Do I Love You set me back. Is it hard to get hold of?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks SO much for your help. thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Rich.

john manship 3rd edition says it did come out on VIP 25034 price negotiable probably in excess of £3000.hope this helps.mick

Social source share

that 'test press' was knocking around in the 80s

i bought one at a scooter rally for a fiver

still got it, played it once i think

Social source share

JM's 4th guide has it listed as "unconfirmed test press" for VIP 25031. This issue number is also for "Don't be too long/Do right baby, do right" by Chris Clark. Perhaps it should read VIP 25034 which is the issue for the Velvelettes "These things will keep me loving you" as apparantly the two records were scheduled to be released on the same number. Info from www.seabear.se.

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

I asked Chris about this last year at Northampton as i also have a copy of said (boot test press) and she told me her copy never made it off tape as there was some sort of row over who it should be credited to re producing and arrangement she also said that Frank Wilson said it was not Motownish enough to be released hence it not being released at the time.

cheers Ruffsounds

Social source share

• 6 years later...

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...The facts on both versions of "do I love you" saga will run & run for many years to come.  The 45's exist on US pressings however they are in such low numbers, the average collector can only dream about owning a copy, Chris Clark is only a blank test press, which was booted, by being dubbed from a CD, and sold as a looky likey test press, the original issues are on UK TAMLA MOTOWN, Frank Wilson was issued in 1979, and has a promo sleeve with the DEMO, The Chris Clark version was issues in the UK, as part of a BOX SET, 2O CLASSIC MOTOWN SINGLES, COMMEMORATE MOTOWN 45 YEARS, Chris Clark "do I love you" 982 153 0 AA.  & is a 2004 UNIVERSAL MUSIC RELEASE, © 1966. 

Hope this helps :g: DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert