Solid Hit Soul

Guest CapitolSC

• Replies 27
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cracking night, good crowd and some mega tunes played last night.. some of my faves from last night ..

No other way - Cautions

Wipe away the teardrops - Ollie Jackson

I'm losin again - Ray Agee

What more do you want - Gene Toones

Dry my eyes - Mods

Black Bottom blues - King Coleman

I'll find you - Beejays

looking forward to the next one.. :thumbsup:

Cracking night, good crowd and some mega tunes played last night.. some of my faves from last night ..

No other way - Cautions

Wipe away the teardrops - Ollie Jackson

I'm losin again - Ray Agee

What more do you want - Gene Toones

Dry my eyes - Mods

Black Bottom blues - King Coleman

I'll find you - Beejays

looking forward to the next one.. :unsure:

Have to agree with you Jon. only one moan....not long enough. Nice start by Des Parker as the new resident and good to have Tony Parker as guest. Love that Ray Agee. And as CSC said lets have some playlist guys

M

Guest Stuart T

Have to agree with you Jon. only one moan....not long enough. Nice start by Des Parker as the new resident and good to have Tony Parker as guest. Love that Ray Agee. And as CSC said lets have some playlist guys

M

Here you go then:

First Set:

Little Jeanette Crazy The Green Lights

Carol Woods Heartbreaker Perfecto 7

Major Burkes You're Gonna Need Me Gulf

Louis Curry You're Just Plain Nice Reel

The Bee Jays I'll Find You Prime

Second set:

Soundmasters Lonely Lonely Julet

The Jades I Know The feelin' Poncello

West Coast Distributors Girl (I Love You) Jam Cha

The Van Delos I Need You Card

Lloyd Price Oh Lady Luck Monument

Otis Lee Hard Row To Hoe Quaint

Leo Price Hey Now Baby Up Down

Tommy Turner Lazy ElBam

The Blue Jays Point of View Jay

Gene Toones What More Do You Want Simco

The Hytones Bigger and Better Abet

Johnny Mae Matthews I Have No Choice Big Hit

Sam Williams Love Slipped Through My Fingers Tower

Cautions No Other Way Shrine

The Brand New Faces Brand New Faces Lujuna

The Utopias Girls Are Against Me LaSalle

7th Avenue Aviators You Should O' Held On Congress

Ruby Feminine Ingenuity Ruby (for Geoff)

Started the evening with the news that the venue was going to be closed but by the end of the night discovered that it wasn't so we can carry on :unsure:

Edited by Stuart T

Another great night at Solid Hit Soul - I thought the quality of the music was fantastic.

I didnt know most of what was being played but tune after tune just blew me away.

Thought Des Parker was absolutely brilliant. Enjoyed Stuart and Dave's sets, but missed Gene's due to our late arrival (cocked up on the meeting time - exactly as Mr. Greenhill advised I would).

Well done again guys,

Nice to meet some new faces especially Shortersoul, who assured me I wasn't alone in wishing I had chosen a much 'cooler' name when forst joining Soul Source.

Cheers,

Dave

Guest aaaaa

another great night dave :P plenty of quaity music played,and someone gave the club a mention on the gary crawly show on bbc london saturday night, wer looking forward to the next one :thumbsup::wub:

It is one of my aims in life to get to this venue. Hopefully this year. :thumbsup:

Will have to combine it with a weekend in The Smoke though and have to suffer a West End play on the Saturday night to keep the Gary Glitter fan happy!!! :angry:

KTF.

Drew.

Here you go then:

First Set:

Little Jeanette Crazy The Green Lights

Carol Woods Heartbreaker Perfecto 7

Major Burkes You're Gonna Need Me Gulf

The Bee Jays I'll Find You Prime

Second set:

Soundmasters Lonely Lonely Julet

The Jades I Know The feelin' Poncello

West Coast Distributors Girl (I Love You) Jam Cha

The Van Delos I Need You Card

Lloyd Price Oh Lady Luck Monument

Otis Lee Hard Row To Hoe Quaint

Leo Price Hey Now Baby Up Down

Tommy Turner Lazy ElBam

The Blue Jays Point of View Jay

Gene Toones What More Do You Want Simco

The Hytones Bigger and Better Abet

Johnny Mae Matthews I Have No Choice Big Hit

Sam Williams Love Slipped Through My Fingers Tower

Cautions No Other Way Shrine

The Brand New Faces Brand New Faces Lujuna

The Utopias Girls Are Against Me LaSalle

7th Avenue Aviators You Should O' Held On Congress

Ruby Feminine Ingenuity Ruby (for Geoff)

Started the evening with the news that the venue was going to be closed but by the end of the night discovered that it wasn't so we can carry on :thumbsup:

Lovely set mate.

Guest Goldwax

Please make sure you stick this one in the box for the next one mate - at this rate it should only take about 6 years to get a full 70's set from you :thumbsup:

Top nite again - cheersl :thumbsup:

another great night dave :thumbsup: plenty of quaity music played,and someone gave the club a mention on the gary crawly show on bbc london saturday night, wer looking forward to the next one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kicking off the show with Generation X's brilliant Dancing With Myself, Lord Crowley of Pop managed to keep the momentum high for a full two hours of music.

Martin, I take it that it's not the Lord Crowley of pop's next show you are looking forward to !!

Agree that it all finished too early, a cracking night - needless to say the party carried on at Taffy Towers when we got back !!!!!!!!!! (a satnav is defo required for the next trip if we gotta persist with this female equality malarkey, one driving and two navigating = magical mystery tour)

Taff

As everybody's already said, a great night, good music and company, what more could any soul fan want?

Particular thanks to Stuart for playing both my requests, the Utopias and Ruby, you are a star.

New member of the group Des Parker did a fine set, got me dancing. I am inclined to agree with your assessment of You Didn't Say A Word, if not the finest NS record, got to be up there with in the top 5.

Nice to say hello again to Tony Parker, very good set. Hope you enjoyed Lifeline.

There was a crowd of younger people in, they came with a girl who had been to Soul In The City a month or two ago. They certainly appeared to enjoy it, one guy was particularly interested in the dancing, he had a go, and made a reasonable attempt at it. Good for him.

All in all a very good evening. Although I can't say I particularly enjoyed the journey home on the train, I really do like hearing other people's music via their mobile phones, not. It makes you realise how decent and well behaved most people on the soul scene are.

Here are my playlists for the night:

8.00 - 8.15

THE FOXES: Soul City (Bridgeview)

THE LOVATIONS: Drifting Off Shore (Cap City)

VINCE APOLLO: Can't Turn My Back (Pentagon)

JAY DEE BRYANT: Get It (Enjoy)

PRESTON PETERS: Got To Have Peace Of Mind (Markhap)

SOULMASTERS: I'll Be Waiting Here (Raven)

9.00 - 9.45

THE MODS: Dry My Eyes (Fona)

THE DYNELS: C'mon Little Darlin' (Natural)

THE HYPERIONS: Why You Wanna Treat Me Like You Do (Chattahoochee)

BARBARA LYNN: People Gonna Talk (Jamie)

THE INTENTIONS: I'm Losin' Your Love (Up Tight)

THE MAR-J's: Got To Find A Way Out (Magic Touch)

BLENDERS: Tale Of Sadness (DJO)

THE INTENSIONS: I Love You (Blue Light)

THE LOST SOUL: A Secret Of Mine (Raven)

SIDNEY BARNES: You'll Always Be In Style (Red Bird)

L. ALLEN: Can't We Talk It Over (Green Dolphin)

TYRONE THOMAS: Baby Can't You See (Golden Triangle LP TRACK)

C. L. BLAST: What Can I Do (United)

SHAWN ROBINSON: My Dear Heart (Minit)

MILLER SISTERS: Your Love (GMC)

THE MAGNIFICENTS: My Heart Is Calling (Dee Gee)

THE SHAMETTS: Don't Waste Your Time (Gold Dust)

BARBARA MERCER: Call On Me (Sidra)

BETTY TURNER: Be Careful Girl (Liberty)

Edited by Gene-R
Guest vinylvixen

M

Madly enough Martin, I saw you walking towards St Pancras and I was on the bus going in the other direction. I though SHS must be on :lol: Good to see Black Bottomed Blues was played - top tune :wicked: Jo

Madly enough Martin, I saw you walking towards St Pancras and I was on the bus going in the other direction. I though SHS must be on :lol: Good to see Black Bottomed Blues was played - top tune :wicked: Jo

You should have jumped off and joined me Jo...it was a great night.

M

You should have jumped off and joined me Jo...it was a great night.

M

Agree with all the above, (but then I would wouldn't I :unsure: ) absolutely brilliant night, thanks to everyone who turned up, danced, drank, talked & generally had a spiffing time.

I'll see what I can do about a playlist, but being the 3rd slowest 2 fingered typist in the world & typing at the library makes it a bit difficult :(

Next night 15th June, look forward to seeing you all there, thanks again for your support :unsure:

Dave

first time i,d been to o neils and had a good night , gene robertson was on when we got there and was playing some nice stuff like mar js - got to find a way out - magic touch :unsure: and i thought the quality was top notch all night with all the resident djs doing good sets , good to see steve smith from gloucester has it had been 15 years since i last saw him . thanks to dave greenhill and all the solid hit crew , for such a enjoyable night

i would have posted a playlist but after friday and then the lifeline nighter its all a blur . look forward to the next one

another great night dave :thumbsup: plenty of quaity music played,and someone gave the club a mention on the gary crawly show on bbc london saturday night, wer looking forward to the next one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really Martin ? What sort of stuff is he playing these days & how come we got a mention ?

Kicking off the show with Generation X's brilliant Dancing With Myself, Lord Crowley of Pop managed to keep the momentum high for a full two hours of music.

Martin, I take it that it's not the Lord Crowley of pop's next show you are looking forward to !!

Taff

Sounds right up your streeet Dave !

Taff

Guest glocky478

Really Martin ? What sort of stuff is he playing these days & how come we got a mention ?

Dave,

he was running a phone in competition with one of the prizes being Talcum Soul vol.6

I won the comp and during the chit-chat after giving the right answer I mentioned I'd been at Solid Hit Soul the night before .

see you in June

Dave Glock

Guest Bearsy

I didnt miss much then on Friday :thumbup:

looks like you boys played more cracking tunes all night again :angry: ,

so glad it went well and hope to be able to make the next one in June :thumbsup:

Bearsy :thumbsup:

Nice one Dave & thanks for the mention, see you in June if not before mate & just in case anybody else wins a prize the next night is June 15th ha ha :thumbsup:

Bearsy yes mate you missed another night full of top tunes, just as well nobody picked you up mate as the knee would of been twitching all night trying to get on the dance floor. Mind you as the floor was packed most of the night you would certainly have been in trouble. Hope the knees coming on well mate & see you soon

Dave

Source Advert