R I P Lynne Randell

Being located in Oz, I thought it might be somehow appropriate if I conveyed this very sad news to my fellow Soul Source members ...

Australian news services have reported that Lynne Randell sadly passed away last Friday 8 June 2007 at the age of 57.

Her "Stranger In My Arms" recording truly deserved its all time classic northern soul favourite status.

No doubt many on here have very very fond memories of dancing to that record.

The official A side "Ciao Baby" was of course her biggest chart hit, and supremely catchy itself, so I can't think of a better way to remember her than to post this very rare 6T's promo film clip of Ciao Baby.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=g5h4sV7mgvc

RIP.

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Being located in Oz, I thought it might be somehow appropriate if I conveyed this very sad news to my fellow Soul Source members ...

Australian news services have reported that Lynne Randell sadly passed away last Friday 8 June 2007 at the age of 57.

Her "Stranger In My Arms" recording truly deserved its all time classic northern soul favourite status.

No doubt many on here have very very fond memories of dancing to that record.

The official A side "Ciao Baby" was of course her biggest chart hit, and supremely catchy itself, so I can't think of a better way to remember her than to post this very rare 6T's promo film clip of Ciao Baby.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=g5h4sV7mgvc

RIP.

Very Sad News

R.I.P.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

if you look at the clip 'Aussie Singers', you'll see her performing on TV in the 60's, surrounded by mods. I always found 'stranger in my arms' a bit on the 'girly' side for my tastes, but it's an atmospheric track & a classic nonetheless. RIP Lynne.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

White girl who held her own with Stranger - for me one of the greatest Northern Soul records ever. Epitomises the era when I started out on the NS journey and although not hard edged such as my current taste dictates it is a record I will always love. rip girl

Social source share

Very sad news. "Stranger in My Arms" is in my all-time Top 50. What a stunner of a girl in her day too - she was far too young to go just yet.

FROM ABC NEWS ONLINE:

Australian pop star of the late 60s, Lynne Randell, has died after a long illness.

The 57-year-old, who had also worked as Ian "Molly" Meldrum's personal assistant, passed away yesterday.

She developed an addiction to slimming pills early in her career and years of drug abuse damaged her brain, nervous system and adrenal glands.

She had requested that there be no funeral, and that a party to celebrate her life be held later this year.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

God rest her. Lovely voice altogether.

Currently playing one of her lesser knowns....Whatcha Gonna do.....over her in Dublin at the moment. It'll have special significance next time out.

Hope she knew how popular she was

RIP

John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert