Bridlington "something New To Do 2 "

Great news that is almost a sell out :lol:

Glad I got my ticket early. Absolutely loved last year. Karen & Rob & the rest of the team really went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.

Is there a watering hole nearby for the alcoholics who will be arriving early on Friday? I may just nip in for one or two whistling.gif:yes:

Kx

• Replies 369
  • Views 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great news that is almost a sell out :thumbup:

Glad I got my ticket early. Absolutely loved last year. Karen & Rob & the rest of the team really went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.

Is there a watering hole nearby for the alcoholics who will be arriving early on Friday? I may just nip in for one or two :thumbsup::lol:

Kx

Hi Kirsty,

we have to go to another meeting at

Bridlington before the event so we will be looking to find a venue to accomodate "thirsty souls" beer.gif

As we have said we will not RAM this venue as we want everyone to enjoy it.

Following people still have tickets with them for sale, Night Nurse, John kane, Glyn Sissons, Rob Smith, Mort

Plus

us Rob & Karen, Wicksy (Naughty Boy) Pat Brady

Phone or PM us to buy/reserve or use details at bottom of post for Brid box Office /paypal via web site

Rob & karen

More travel news for those who don't know where Bridlington is ! Situated between Hull and Scarborough on the Yorkshire coast. Lovely strech of coast line and a traditional seaside town with harbour etc.

To get there on the train head to DONCASTER --Kings Cross from London & East Coast mainline stations from Scotland via Newcastle.

National Express trains (formally GNER) go to Donny and change on to Northern rail for Bridlington or Hull trains go to Hull from kings cross and change there for Bridlington.

cheap fares available here

www.thetrainline.com

Rob & Karen

The Bridlington Crew came up trumps last night at Horncastle

3 excellent prizes donated and won by three very grateful people

and I know Rob And Karen will already have them ready for posting

so an excellent contribution from some wonderful people in their

support of Cancer research,

ps and a good night was had by all,

again we thank you.

The Bridlington Crew came up trumps last night at Horncastle

3 excellent prizes donated and won by three very grateful people

and I know Rob And Karen will already have them ready for posting

so an excellent contribution from some wonderful people in their

support of Cancer research,

ps and a good night was had by all,

again we thank you.

Hey mate ill tell Wiggy to get the remainder of the posters we had from last year which we had printed to raise money for C R

Rob

More travel news for those who don't know where Bridlington is ! Situated between Hull and Scarborough on the Yorkshire coast. Lovely strech of coast line and a traditional seaside town with harbour etc.

To get there on the train head to DONCASTER --Kings Cross from London & East Coast mainline stations from Scotland via Newcastle.

National Express trains (formally GNER) go to Donny and change on to Northern rail for Bridlington or Hull trains go to Hull from kings cross and change there for Bridlington.

cheap fares available here

www.thetrainline.com

Rob & Karen

Are you on commission , Rob ? laugh.gif .......

I have still to see if I can get across on / for the Saturday , if I can , Mr Dixon has promised he will pay for me ......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Are you on commission , Rob ? :thumbsup: .......

I have still to see if I can get across on / for the Saturday , if I can , Mr Dixon has promised he will pay for me ......

Malc Burton

:D:):P:DPause for breath :shhh:laugh.gif:D:D

I don't even breathe out when i've got a cold Malc for fear of giving it to somebody :P

Back on topic now.

Click on the link below for a news report from BBC Look North on the progress that's bieng made to the Spa.

Report starts in the Royal Hall (main room) & after about 3 minutes an interview takes place in whats going to be used for the Modern room.

Check out the view.

https://news.bbc.co.uk:80/1/hi/england/7390416.stm

Edited by Cunnie

:huh::D:huh::lol:Pause for breath :P:lol::lol::lol:

I don't even breathe out when i've got a cold Malc for fear of giving it to somebody :g:

Back on topic now.

Click on the link below for a news report from BBC Look North on the progress that's bieng made to the Spa.

Report starts in the Royal Hall (main room) & after about 3 minutes an interview takes place in whats going to be used for the Modern room.

Check out the view.

Hey Martin the room is a tad bigger than that theres a large area you cant see down near the the part of the bar you can see.

Lighting rigs and sound system will be complete this week then the floor in the royal hall can be completed :D

rob

Just a reminder that there are still Record / Merchandise stalls available BUT YOU MUST BOOK A SPACE BEFORE THE EVENT due to us having to hire tables in .from the council.

A shout for advertising space in the weekender programme as well, rates ( full colour PM us for details)

more later

rob & Karen

:thumbsup::wicked::shades::wave:Pause for breath :no::g:laugh.gif:P

I don't even breathe out when i've got a cold Malc for fear of giving it to somebody :D

Back on topic now.

Check out the view.

Looks Awesome, Martin,

Looking forward to working this incredible venue, especialy with me a few more of 'Yorkshire's Finest'... and some little fat guy from Nottnum!

The Soul scene finally comes of age!

Anyone seen a Rosta yet?

Time I thought about some accommodation I reckon!

:lol:

Sean

Looks Awesome, Martin,

Looking forward to working this incredible venue, especialy with me a few more of 'Yorkshire's Finest'... and some little fat guy from Nottnum!

The Soul scene finally comes of age!

Anyone seen a Rosta yet?

Got you on Saturday night Sean, as your one of Yorkshire's "Soul Survivor's", Party time and dance floor orientated all-weekend with some nice surprises thrown in !

Time I thought about some accommodation I reckon!

:thumbsup:

Sean

tats is sleeping under the lifeboat station !

Rob

Just a quickie, we heard last night a group of people had booked their B&Bs but not bought tickets for the weekender thinking they could pay on the door.

PLEASE PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE ARE ONLY LIMITED TICKETS LEFT, do not turn up expecting to pay on the door as this event is nearly sold out.

The Bridlington Box office HAVE tickets, but are slowly working their way through the list on the answering machine service.

Myself and karen have 12 tickets here at home for sale, Glynn Sissions has 8, Night nurse had 6 at last contact, not sure on others, John Kane has less than 10 two weeks ago.

This venue is not going to be "Oversold" once the tickets are gone thats it ! If you are intending to come buy a ticket (quickly) before its too late

Karen & Rob.

Guest Doris

Just a quickie, we heard last night a group of people had booked their B&Bs but not bought tickets for the weekender thinking they could pay on the door.

This venue is not going to be "Oversold" once the tickets are gone thats it ! If you are intending to come buy a ticket (quickly) before its too late

Karen & Rob.

I paid for mine a week ago online but it hasnt arrived - is this still ok ??

Doris

Guest Doris

Your tickets were in the last batch sent out yesterday mi dear remember putting stamp on it :thumbup:

Rob W

arrived just as I'd finnished posting Well if i'd know it was from you I would of expected kisses on it LOLOL only joking hun :thumbup: Long time since I seen you out - you can always play Linda Jones for me during your set

Doris

arrived just as I'd finnished posting Well if i'd know it was from you I would of expected kisses on it LOLOL only joking hun :( Long time since I seen you out - you can always play Linda Jones for me during your set

Doris

tee heeeeeeeeee :( not a prob for LJ it wil cost you a :lol:

Rob W

i still have 8 tickets anyone want um pm me or ring me

We are watching the spare tickets and know where most are that are out and about, we know there are less than 50 in hands of DJs and sellers at last count.

I'm on with the programme for the event, still have some advertising space for the Northern side of things got a couple of Quater pages left and can do some "banner" types if I can squeez them in (Ian will kill me !)

Any of our DJs reading this who haven't sent me a photo get one to me asap ( yes thats you Dukesy although i may have a very good one you won't like !)

Rob & Karen

Guest the dukester

Bring them to the empress sunday if you are going i need them :yes:

rob

Julie, my missus has 4 or 6 left last count I think, we will be taking them to Bishop Auckland Soul Night on Saturday, so may sell em up there !!!

WEN DE GON, DE GON :(

Dukesy

We are watching the spare tickets and know where most are that are out and about, we know there are less than 50 in hands of DJs and sellers at last count.

I'm on with the programme for the event, still have some advertising space for the Northern side of things got a couple of Quater pages left and can do some "banner" types if I can squeez them in (Ian will kill me !)

Any of our DJs reading this who haven't sent me a photo get one to me asap ( yes thats you Dukesy although i may have a very good one you won't like !)

Rob & Karen

Good God Rob - you are a brave chap putting faces to DJ names , by publishing mug shots of the Brid DJs .......

The last time such a gallery was put together , it was by Interpol in relation to the most wanted criminals in Europe :wicked: .......

Anyway : having the photographs in the programme will come into good use afterwards , as the punters can use it propped up , and open on the mantle place , to keep the kids away from the fire ......

Malc Burton

Good God Rob - you are a brave chap putting faces to DJ names , by publishing mug shots of the Brid DJs .......

The last time such a gallery was put together , it was by Interpol in relation to the most wanted criminals in Europe :unsure: .......

Anyway : having the photographs in the programme will come into good use afterwards , as the punters can use it propped up , and open on the mantle place , to keep the kids away from the fire ......

Malc Burton

And on the subject of which, hows the old article coming along ?? the Programme is coming together nicely now and should make interesting reading...

ALL YORKSHIRE SOULS ARE COMPELLED TO ATTEND

But make sure you have a ticket first. we have 7 left.

Rob & Karen

Wicksy has grabbed Night Nurse's spare tickets and will have them with him today at Mexborough Empress Hall -Sunday.

We have just had 4 spares back in -so we have 10 here-PM us.

As far as we know there are still some tickets available at Bridlington Spa Box Office by Credit/ Debit Card

01262 678 258 (No Fee) If you don't know Tickets just £20 each !

Bridlington is Buzzing that weekend and the town is really getting behind the Weekender.

The Spa opens next weekend for the first time and we are the first Major Full Weekend event in there ! Massive Sprung dance floor, state of the art facility, purpose built for dancing in the 1930's and Faithfully restored to all its former glory !

See you there

Rob & Karen

PS DJ times will follow in June.

beach.jpg

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

And on the subject of which, hows the old article coming along ?? the Programme is coming together nicely now and should make interesting reading...

ALL YORKSHIRE SOULS ARE COMPELLED TO ATTEND

But make sure you have a ticket first. we have 7 left.

Rob & Karen

The stated article has been completed as promised Rob , and e-mailed to you for your inclusion in The Weekender programme .........

It took several attempts to give me satisfaction - stop it , it is not big ( ? ) , and it is not clever - with , as Ernie Wise used to say , " Wot I Wrote " .........

The editing and rejuggling , of the article's contents and opinions , had to be done , as it did not offend as much as I would have

liked :D ........

Publish and be damned , as they say ........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton

Wicksy has grabbed Night Nurse's spare tickets and will have them with him today at Mexborough Empress Hall -Sunday.

As far as we know there are still some tickets available at Bridlington Spa Box Office by Credit/ Debit Card

01262 678 258 (No Fee) If you don't know Tickets just £20 each !

Bridlington is Buzzing that weekend and the town is really getting behind the Weekender.

The Spa opens next weekend for the first time and we are the first Major Full Weekend event in there ! Massive Sprung dance floor, state of the art facility, purpose built for dancing in the 1930's and Faithfully restored to all its former glory !

See you there

Rob & Karen

PS DJ times will follow in June.

beach.jpg

I have just seen this statement ........

Yes - before you start - I was on the dancefloor , with Sam behind the decks :D .........

Malc Burton

See you there

Rob & Karen

all the tickets off night nurse have gone, so i will have your spares Rob too ....please ive got homes for them all ...

again out at the Empress last night and the rumour mill kicks in again real funny it starts down Donny way wonder why :D that the Spa is not going to be completed what a load of Bollo### , The Spa is completed and opens for biz next Sat

Rob

Edited by Naughty Boy
Guest soulmaguk

Our tickets have arrived safely also, Gina & myself are looking forward to this v.much. last years was tops.

Jock (scarboro')

all the tickets off night nurse have gone, so i will have your spares Rob too ....please ive got homes for them all ...

again out at the Empress last night and the rumour mill kicks in again real funny it starts down Donny way wonder why :D that the Spa is not going to be completed what a load of Bollo### , The Spa is completed and opens for biz next Sat

Rob

Edited by Malc Burton

Guest red or dead

Wherever Ive been fliering in the past couple of weeks keep telling people get in quick not many tickets left ! And Malc,with the hard hat and hi vis jacket a la village people shouldnt bandy the word buggered about too loudly ! :D

Wherever Ive been fliering in the past couple of weeks keep telling people get in quick not many tickets left ! And Malc,with the hard hat and hi vis jacket a la village people shouldnt bandy the word buggered about too loudly ! :ohmy:

With the Spa being finished , does that mean I will have to give the outfit back to Tats . then ? ..........

Malc Burton

post-5097-1211801847_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton

Where's your article Dixon ? :( Even Malc got his 4th version to me now, 1200 words knocked up in the twinkling of an eye !!

Get typing Bro'

Rob

Got a good title for Martin's article , Rob ........

" Cunnie Lingers on " :thumbsup: .........

Malc Burton

Where's your article Dixon ? :yes: Even Malc got his 4th version to me now, 1200 words knocked up in the twinkling of an eye !!

Get typing Bro'

Rob

Bloody hell Rob,

Did Tolstoy get this much hassle when he wrote War And Peace?

Did Leonardo Da Vinci get nagged constantly when he painted the Mona Lisa?

Did Beethoven get this grief when he wrote his symphony's? Ok maybe his unfinished one :D

Now you know what Mike Ritson used to go through :(

Got a good title for Martin's article , Rob ........

" Cunnie Lingers on " :thumbsup: .........

Malc Burton

Brilliant young Malc :no::P

Bloody hell Rob,

Did Tolstoy get this much hassle when he wrote War And Peace?

Did Leonardo Da Vinci get nagged constantly when he painted the Mona Lisa?

Did Beethoven get this grief when he wrote his symphony's? Ok maybe his unfinished one :D

Now you know what Mike Ritson used to go through :shades:

Brilliant young Malc :huh::huh:

He's got writer's Block Mate :lol: "It was a dark and stormy night in Yorkshire,the tree's rustled restlessly as he stared at the second hand sweeping slowly around the face of the clock on the wall.For three hour's now he had been sitting uncomfortably in front of his computer, hands lying like lumps of lead on the keyboard, the screen casting an errie glow on to his face. The words he had written jumping out at him "An overview of the Modern Scene past and present in Yorkshire" then... :wicked:

as they say "Nowt like putting a bit of pressure on :lol: " printing deadlines to meet !

Rob & Karen

https://www.eastriding.gov.uk/az/face_conte..._media=INTERNET

Still getting some people who don't know where Bridlington is !! :ohmy: we are working with the council and East Riding people to get some promo stuff around.

A very nice area for those who are making a longer break of it, more news to follow regards pre event stuff.

Bridlington is on "Calender" tonight so they will be in the Spa having a look around no doubt will post links if they are.

Ruth still has the 2 rooms (see above)01262 676 661 Auld Strathaven B&B

We now have just 2 tickets here ! PM us to reserve or pick up.

Karen & Rob

Looks like Bazza's got our last 2 tickets from us. :boxing:

I will check today how many the box office have, but i think it was less than 40 last week,so it's very close to a sell out.

Once again checking around the Djs and ticket seller's to see if we can find any un-sold ones.

I also know Toby's mate has 2 spare if anyone needs them from him.

Keep watching this space !!!

Karen & Rob

Guest the dukester

Looks like Bazza's got our last 2 tickets from us. :lol:

I will check today how many the box office have, but i think it was less than 40 last week,so it's very close to a sell out.

Once again checking around the Djs and ticket seller's to see if we can find any un-sold ones.

I also know Toby's mate has 2 spare if anyone needs them from him.

Keep watching this space !!!

Karen & Rob

Julie & I have just 4 left mate

Dukesy

Where are the flyers?

Heard a rumour that malc Burton is flying into the event

see here https://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/yo...airlines-p1.php

Rob & Karen

With regard to God's county Yorkshire , I thought you might like to see thiese photographs , Rob ........

Taken in January in an extremely hot and sunny Santa Monica , whilst out there with my mate , who was on a buying trip for antique guitars ( that is him in the first photograph ) , when I came across this street sign ........

96 degree heat , much like the temperature we can expect in Brid in June .........

Malc Burton

post-5097-1212078700_thumb.jpg

post-5097-1212079567_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton

Source Advert