Bridlington "something New To Do 2 "

Guest the dukester

Anyone out there got scans of ads for "The Mojo / king mojo club" in Sheffield

i remember seeing a picture of the outside once but can't find owt anywhere !

remember still collating our weekender programme any last ads to go in please PM us!

Rob & karen

Pat (Brady) is at Cleethorpes with some of the remaing tickets for this event see him there !

the-king-mojo-club.jpg

• Replies 369
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest hurryup

you want a pint you can have a pint

rob

Oooo la la :thumbup:

So does anyone else think a bit of larking around would be fun - ballet dancing in wellies, wheel-barrow race, any bright ideas??? :yes:

thanks Dukesy, that'll do nicely, now have you got one for "The tinned chicken" ? laugh.gif

(private joke between malc,sean and myself !)

less than 3 weeks to go on a deadline !

Rob & Karen

Morning campers .......

I have not got a photograph of the said venue - it was housed in the long since gone Crystal Bowl in Castleford - but after searching through my drawers ( stop it , it is not big , and it is not clever ) , I found the handout shown in the photograph below .......

My apologies that it is in a photograph , as I could not copy it direct to my PC , as my scanner is very poorly .......

As you will see . the name of the venue was in fact " The TIN chicken " : but it was ( and always has been ) known to all and sundry , as

" The TINNED chicken " : This was possibly due to its' name was not clearly spoken ( it was in Yorkshire after all ) , and was misheard with people assuming that there was " ned " after the " Tin " ...........

Apologies - if you click on the image to enlarge it - that the photograph comes out somewhat blurred and altered ( heaven knows what happened when I saved it to file from my DC ) , and therefore becomes somewhat unreadable ; but the content of the handout states that the acts were - March 2nd The Isley Brothers ; March 9th The Drifters ; March 16th The Impressions and March 23rd The Fantastics : The bottom line of the handout states that besides the acts , there would be " by demand with all the above USA shows " Pete Stringfellow " and his USA import records "

Malc Burton

post-5097-1212987424_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton

Well folks contracts signed and sealed for Brid 2008 @ The Spa Complex , most of you know it is currently undergoing a massive 14million refurb thats now running to 18 million :thumbup:

we are told by the managers when completed it will have one of the largest sprung floors in the UK , they are spending 1 million on the sound system so all our PA guy needs to do is hook up.

two rooms Main room plus a modern room plus a chill area

THE DATES ARE JUNE 27 28th 29TH 2008 tickets are priced at the mo @ 20 quid going very fast

DJS to date

Pat Brady -John Vincent -Rob Smith -Mort-Rob wigley- Pete Taylor-glyn sissons-John Parker-Dukester-Yockie and moi

plus more to be confirmed :thumbup:

Rob Wigley is currently sorting the rosta for the modern room

THE WEEKENDER FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE

Tickets will be available once more from the Jocks flyers and booking forms wil be hitting the tables in approx 3 weeks

Also found this on you tube https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7kLMq88lc although its about regeneration etc of the spa conferences etc it will give you a feel for the place

Rob

Looking forward to this,cant wait,going to be a cracker,cya all there

Bazza

Any of you lot on here coming to Brid bring a bit of extra cash... we are going to give the York Charity alldayer in Aug a Big PUSH for them ~~THE YKSOUL BRIGADE ~~

so you can get your ticket :lol:

Rob

and we'll aslo be floggin posters and postcards of the event for Yorkshire's childrens Hospice

Bluebell Wood which is due to open in Dinnington very soon, carring for terminally ill children and their parents.

Rob & Karen

We have located 4 tickets for sale 2 x 2 Pm us and we'll put you in touch with the people who have them for sale direct.

Things are shaping up really well at the moment for this event, Just finnished the editing of the Weekender magazine and got it proof read. Thats why we've been a bit quiet on here.

well just over 2 weeks to go to the weekender and everyone we talk to are really up for this, will be copying and pasting some dj times etc on here very soon.

we are also going to be running a "match up" list, if you want to come we'll try and find you spare tickets (as above) If you are holding tickets with any of our sellers PLEASE get them purchased NOW as we are chasing any spares we can find.

There are still a few in the box office at Bridlington (less than 20 we think) as of monday morning. there can be bought via 01262 678 258 by credit card (no booking charge)

any questions give us a shout

rob & Karen :wave:

PS the honour of getting the last ad in the programme before the deadline goes to martin "Cunnie" dixon, who made it one hour LATEwith his MOERNISM AD (i gave him 3 months notice by the way !)

and we'll aslo be floggin posters and postcards of the event for Yorkshire's childrens Hospice

Bluebell Wood which is due to open in Dinnington very soon, carring for terminally ill children and their parents.

Rob & Karen

Bluebell Wood reps will be at the venue on Sunday, please bring some spare dosh with you for this as well as the York fundraisers !

Hi Everybody

The Southcliffe pub opposite the Spa is more than willing to have everybody on Friday afternoon. Will be dropping some cd's off for him Thursday night if anyone would care to join us ( Just been refurbed aswell) Oh we are special people on the soul scene everything new for the weekend. See you all there.

Safe travelling to all

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Hi Everybody

The Southcliffe pub opposite the Spa is more than willing to have everybody on Friday afternoon. Will be dropping some cd's off for him Thursday night if anyone would care to join us ( Just been refurbed aswell) Oh we are special people on the soul scene everything new for the weekend. See you all there.

Safe travelling to all

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Ok Yocky, cya there,looking forward to a great weekend

Bazza

Hi Everybody

Safe travelling to all

KTF

Yocky and Jx

It will be nice to meet meet you, make sure you introduce yourself. Will you have your birthday cards with you?

Kx

It will be nice to meet meet you, make sure you introduce yourself. Will you have your birthday cards with you?

Kx

Hi Krsty

Yes have cards will travel will be coming with us. I will wear a big yellow daffodil so you know who I am. No seriously it will be very nice to meet you too. It's all getting exciting now we are all Jigging.

KTF

YOCKY and JX

Edited by soulcrew

mark

you'll be getting your chance in the 3 room this weekend

you can wear what you like !!

But I will have the camera on standby, its like i said to Cunnie, when you are behind the decks I can get good shots of you --be warned !

great to have you on board

Rob & Karen

& ECSCSC

Guest the dukester

How many do you need Martin? think we can tie people up with spares (see above post) but its going to be tight.

Rob & karen

Will have the last 4 of our Brid weekender tickets on sale at The Welly this Saturday... So Be Quick :rolleyes:

Yocky.... you could always wear the "outfit" you posed in on "that" photo from the trip to LA :wicked: ....

Hey up mark i wonder if there are any fountains near by and if captain bear takes control you never know what mite happen really looking forward to brid and it will be nice to have a pint and a natter to the dee dar crew again seems ages since we saw you all the best bud and see you at the spa.Yocky & Joy. :huh:

PS all our tickets have gone !!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Really looking forward to this one. Last year's event was excellent, but this year's is going to be simply awesome.

Top event at a superb venue (have you seen the pics of the Spa - wow) and run by nice folks too.

The buzz is Bridlington now, everywhere you go.

Bring it on. See you in the Southcliffe Friday afternoon

Ian

Really looking forward to this one. Last year's event was excellent, but this year's is going to be simply awesome.

Top event at a superb venue (have you seen the pics of the Spa - wow) and run by nice folks too.

The buzz is Bridlington now, everywhere you go.

Bring it on. See you in the Southcliffe Friday afternoon

Ian

You and me both... a total knackering weekend for me and the tuthers, but the pleasure is ours mate in being able to put this on, The people who attend make it a BRILL weekend.

wait till you hear the sound system AWESOME

Rob

Edited by Naughty Boy

Got your message Bucket check your PMs and let me know ASAP.

2 spare tickets gone this morning, if you need tickets we'll be making our final calls to DJs,Tickets sellers this weekend.

Anyone who has tickets reserved and not paid, this is your last chance before we start selling the Dozen or so tickets that we know are being held for you.

There are people waiting for tickets and they'll be offered them ! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

Rob & Karen

:D hi everyone ...

if anyone looking for a double room ,,,in brid ,,the oak well hotel has one ,,ring dorothy on 01262401402..

iam doing this as a favour for the oakwell ,,, so if you do ring and book ,will you let me no by a message ,,

thankyou ,,

pete ,,bentink soul club ,, thumbup.gif

Guest LEICSSOULIES

hi karen, rob

cant wait to see the new spa, looks very impressive.... we had great time last year and really looking forward to this years event, cya soon...

ali and clint

we aim to please, all good fun in great surroundings

see you there

karen & Rob

3rd Room Uderplayed, Rare and good.

Friday Night

9.00 Mick and Mo

11.00 Tony Hatfield

12.00 John Parker

1.00 Mark Etheridge

1.50 close

Saturday Afternoon

12.30 Tony Hatfield

1.30 John Alden

2.30 Mark Etheridge

3.30 John Parker

4.30 Close.

Saturday Night

9.00 John Alden

10.00 Glyn Sissons

11.00 Tony Hatfield

12.30 John Parker

1.50 Close

Sunday. To be confirmed.

3rd Room Uderplayed, Rare and good.

Friday Night

9.00 Mick and Mo

11.00 Tony Hatfield

12.00 John Parker

1.00 Mark Etheridge

1.50 close

Saturday Afternoon

12.30 Tony Hatfield

1.30 John Alden

2.30 Mark Etheridge

3.30 John Parker

4.30 Close.

Saturday Night

9.00 John Alden

10.00 Glyn Sissons

11.00 Tony Hatfield

12.30 John Parker

1.50 Close

Sunday. To be confirmed.

Right - let us be having the SP / confirmation on what I have heard , of what you have scheduled for the Sat'di Neet , Rob ........

The All - comers , no - holds barred , Knobby Knees contest , open to both sexes ........

I suppose it makes a change from a dancing competition ........

Malc Burton

Right - let us be having the SP / confirmation on what I have heard , of what you have scheduled for the Sat'di Neet , Rob ........

The All - comers , no - holds barred , Knobby Knees contest , open to both sexes ........

I suppose it makes a change from a dancing competition ........

Malc Burton

:thumbsup::lol:

Or we could have the sexiest bottom contest, could I judge the males please :thumbsup::thumbup:

Kx

Modern room times--Sunday will sort its self out !!

Modern Room times.

Friday

8.30 Kim Maddox

9.30 Errol Green

10.30 Martin Dixon

11.30 Andy "Tats" Taylor

12.30 John Kane

01.45 Close

Saturday Afternoon

1.00 Rob Wigley

2.00 Kim Maddox

3.00 Kev Thomas

4.00 Gary Welsh

Saturday Evening

8.00 Gary Welsh

9.00 Martin Dixon

10.00 Errol Green

11.00 John Kane

12.00 Tats & Sean Hampsey

02.00 Close

Sunday Soul Sessions

3.00 Groove out, chill out, Smooth & Easy & Best in Soul Grooves, Closes 9.30 for main room finale

Djs so far Martin ,Tony, Eric, E-Smooth, more to come.

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

HOPEFULLY SHOULD CRACK IT THIS TIME

Main Room Times

Totally Northern soul

Friday Night

7.45 Yockie

8.45 Glyn Sissons

9.15 Dukesy

10.00 John Parker

10.45 Pete Taylor

11.30 Mort

12.20 Rob Wicks

1.10 Rob Wigley

2.00 Close

Saturday Afternoon

12.00 Night Nurse

12.45 John parker

1.30 Mort

2.30 Dukesy

3.00 Howard

3.45 Glyn Sissons

4.30 Yockie

5.00 Close

The BIG Saturday Night

8.00 Mort

9.00 Pete Taylor

10.00 Rob Wigley

11.00 Rob Wicks

12.00 John Vincent

1.00 Pat Brady

2.00 Close

Sunday All-dayer

1.00 Pete Taylor

2.00 Spa- select

3.00 Glyn Sissons

4.00 Rob Smith

5.00 John Parker

6.00 Dukesy

7.00 Mort

8.00 Gainey

9.00 Yockie

10.00 Mort & Pete taylor

11.00 East Coast Boys

"Cheesy Whatnots"

12.00 (or later !) close

there we go !! :wicked::P

ps we have 2 spare tickets now that have not been sent for, so they are up for grabs as promised

1st come 1st served pm us £20 each.

Rob & karen

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

Source Advert