High Fashion

Guest the soulster

Guest the soulster

just been trawlin through my albums for something i havent played for ages, does anyone else know the album by High Fashion "Feelin lucky"

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

got a usa 12in on capitol. must have had it since 1982. not bad as i remember. not sure if its worth owt

melisa morgan wasn`t it

dave

Yes the "Hold on" LP was a big spin at a variety of clubs - remember spinning it at St Ives.

Spooky, I was playing that the other day, for the first time in 20 odd years.

I bought the 12" of 'Feeling Lucky' as a new release in 1982 as it was being played in clubs at the time, whilst 'Hold On' was being played at Cleethorpes WG around the same time, but I can't remember by who.

Social source share

Spooky, I was playing that the other day, for the first time in 20 odd years.

I bought the 12" of 'Feeling Lucky' as a new release in 1982 as it was being played in clubs at the time, whilst 'Hold On' was being played at Cleethorpes WG around the same time, but I can't remember by who.

Probably Sean Hampsey. At the time a number of us in different parts of the country were onto these new releases as soon as they appeared.

Social source share

Probably Sean Hampsey. At the time a number of us in different parts of the country were onto these new releases as soon as they appeared.

Yes. thanks Steve, it was me (Awesome memory you've got mate!).

I played it at Cleggy when new. Even reviewed it at one time in your esteemed mag at the time.

So many great tunes we turned over at the time.

Very gratifying to see them remembered, played and talked about all these years later.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Superb album pretty much from beginning to end! :unsure:

Early 80s Capitol... we really should have a "sounds" thread concentrating on that. :P

All of those Malavasi/Petrus-produced albums have lots of fab stuff on them, whether released on Capitol or elsewhere.

Pretty much anything that came out of the Hush Productions stable at the same time is just as essential, including what must be one of the last great 80s soul albums not to be released on CD, Willie Collins' "Where You Gonna Be Tonight" - which, of course, was on Capitol...

Social source share

I´ve always loved the two High Fashion albums:

Feelin' Lucky Lately (1982) and Make Up Your Mind (1983).

Solid LPs. Great production, catchy tunes, and soulful vocals.

We know about the solo careers of Alyson Williams and Meli´sa Morgan, but did Erick McClinton

record anything else?

Social source share

I always liked 'A Little More Time' from this album.

Oi Gurney I was going to say that :unsure: .. this was popular in London before Hampsey touched it , still well done for making it a Nighter sound Sean ! I think "Hold on for love" was in the top 100 for 1983 in Blackbeat !!

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Oi Gurney I was going to say that :unsure: .. this was popular in London before Hampsey touched it , still well done for making it a Nighter sound Sean ! I think it was in the top 100 for 1983 in Blackbeat !!

and played by peter powell,steppin out, radio 1.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert