Fantastic B Sides Again

I had been after a copy of Rose St. Johns "I know the meaning" for years and ALWAYS missed out on it.

So when my copy came through the letter box on Monday I was over the moon............chucked on the b side ....... Yup :huh:

Sounds like the b sides on Dottie and Millie / Toby Lark on Topper or Monique to me??

I know it has bound to have been played by someone, somewhere at sometime.........but i had never heard it!!!!!

Its great aint it when this happens aint it! :wub:

fool_dont_laugh.mp3

post-6465-1185840200_thumb.jpg

Whatcha think?

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Never flipped mine after all these years.....quite a nice track mate, bit weak in parts, but still nice.

There was a cheap copy on ebay tonight...not sure if its finished yet or not?

I really like it, that is because I am a soppy mid - tempo fan and always have been as you know buddy :huh: you know..... great for lurvving too :wub:

Honest..............been after this since Alan Handscome put it on a tape for me in 91 or somthing.............I know they pop up now and then but I always missed the bugger!

Edited by mossy
Social source share

I had been after a copy of Rose St. Johns "I know the meaning" for years and ALWAYS missed out on it.

So when my copy came through the letter box on Monday I was over the moon............chucked on the b side ....... Yup :huh:

Sounds like the b sides on Dottie and Millie / Toby Lark on Topper or Monique to me??

I know it has bound to have been played by someone, somewhere at sometime.........but i had never heard it!!!!!

Its great aint it when this happens aint it! :wub:

fool_dont_laugh.mp3

post-6465-1185840200_thumb.jpg

Whatcha think?

I actually bought it for "Fool don't laugh" :wub: ......Great taste mossy

Social source share

I find these days I'm buying most of my 45's for the supposed B-Side, to me they are well and truly the A sides!! laughs

try these:

Betty Fikes & the Passsions - I cant lie to my Heart / Southbound as apposed to the other 7ts soul side I can prove it

Betty Harris -What I'd do wrong as apposed to the Northern dancer Mean Man

Rhythm Machine - What you gonna do, as apposed to the in vogue Funk dancer Freakish Love

Melvin Elling - Love's road / Stretch as apposed to the lonely eyes side

Christ there are loads, at work just now so dont have my reference material at hand but will post a load more later..

Mal.C. wicked.gif

Social source share

I find these days I'm buying most of my 45's for the supposed B-Side, to me they are well and truly the A sides!! laughs

try these:

Betty Fikes & the Passsions - I cant lie to my Heart / Southbound as apposed to the other 7ts soul side I can prove it

Betty Harris -What I'd do wrong as apposed to the Northern dancer Mean Man

Rhythm Machine - What you gonna do, as apposed to the in vogue Funk dancer Freakish Love

Melvin Elling - Love's road / Stretch as apposed to the lonely eyes side

Christ there are loads, at work just now so dont have my reference material at hand but will post a load more later..

Mal.C. wicked.gif

I've never played the flip to Melvin Elling , will have to dig it out ,Betty Fikes is a killer - thanks ,Eddie

Social source share

I bought mine for the Mean man side, then I played What I'd do wrong, and I don't think I've played Mean man since!

Clara Wood - your after my Guy on Imperial had a good flip side, Old and Grey, well worth a listen..

One track I could never understand was that the "gotta Have money" side of the Exits on Gemini, for me it had to be Under the street lamp, maybe you would call it a double sider these days, gotta have Money just never touched the spot.

--

forgot to mention this one I bought recently:

Connie McGill & the Visions - Peace of mind / Sugar as apposed to the 'I wanna Be yours' side, very nice ballad track that has all the visions pitching in at various parts, something magical about the recording, you almost taste the studio they are in , well worth buying INHO..

m

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

fool don't laugh is an awesome tune

i'm in a minority of about five people who loves dottie and millie too... not the most soulful record ever but what a vibe

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert