Postage From America

Pete S

I know it was discussed recently but what should we be paying for postage from the USA for 1 x 45 at the moment, I've been told $8 and $13 this week and both of those seem a bit high to me (especially when some people use second hand mailers so have no cost to cover)

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know it was discussed recently but what should we be paying for postage from the USA for 1 x 45 at the moment, I've been told $8 and $13 this week and both of those seem a bit high to me (especially when some people use second hand mailers so have no cost to cover)

Just paid $9... which is about $3 too much really...

I think a lot of eBay sellers are ramping up the prices on their postage to cover the higher eBay fees and the low value USD.

Social source share

The people i buy regularly from charge from $5.50 - $8.00 , i tend to buy in batches and they add 50c for each extra 45.

Have seen quoted in listings on ebay as high as $21 for one 45.

Derek

Social source share

Just paid $9... which is about $3 too much really...

I think a lot of eBay sellers are ramping up the prices on their postage to cover the higher eBay fees and the low value USD.

"low value USD" is not a meaningful concept to people in the US when they are buying and selling in US currency. I can't imagine anyone selling anything on ebay and being like "man, I'm going to make up for our country's low value on our dollar now!" And if it did come into play, wouldn't it result in more dollars for the actual item being sold?

I can't speak to people trying to recoup ebay or paypal fees with postage, though.

Social source share

"low value USD" is not a meaningful concept to people in the US when they are buying and selling in US currency. I can't imagine anyone selling anything on ebay and being like "man, I'm going to make up for our country's low value on our dollar now!" And if it did come into play, wouldn't it result in more dollars for the actual item being sold?

I can't speak to people trying to recoup ebay or paypal fees with postage, though.

JUST HAD 18 RECORDS FROM THE STATES $20 AND THE DEALER PAYED THE POSTAGE ,SO NO COMPLAINTS HERE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Quantity of 45's to be shipped

US

Canada

England/Spain/France/Belgium

Germany/Sweden/Netherlands

Japan/Australia/Italy/Greece

Write for all others but prices available to most countries!

$3.50 First Class/$6 priority

$3.50 airmail

$6 airmail

$3.50 First Class/$6 priority

$3.50 airmail

$7 airmail

$4 First Class /$6 priority/$3.50 media

$4 airmail

$8.50 airmail

$4 First Class /$6 priority/$3.50 media

$4.50 airmail

$10 airmail

$4 First Class / $3.50 media/$6 priority

$5.50 airmail

$10 airmail

$4.50 First Class / $3.50 media/$6 priority

$5.50 airmail

$11 airmail

$6 priority / $3.50 media

$6 airmail

$12 airmail

$6 priority / $3.50 media

$6 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority / $4 media

$6 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority / $4 media

$6.50 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority / $4 media

$7 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority / $4 media

$7 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority / $4 media

$7.50 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority / $4 media

$8 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority / $4 media

$8 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority / $4 media

$8.50 airmail

$12.50 priority

$6 priority note:due to size restrictions purchasing picture sleeves or ep's with covers may cause this rate to be higher / $4 media

$9 airmail

$12.50 priority note:due to size restrictions purchasing picture sleeves or ep's with covers may cause this rate to be higher

$6 priority note:due to size restrictions purchasing picture sleeves or ep's with covers may cause this rate to be higher / $4 media

$9 airmail / $8 surface

$12.50 priority note:due to size restrictions purchasing picture sleeves or ep's with covers may cause this rate to be higher

$9 airmail / $8 surface

$6 priority note:due to size restrictions purchasing picture sleeves or ep's with covers may cause this rate to be higher/ $4 media

$9 airmail / $8 surface

21 -25

Write for priority (generally $6-$9) / $4 media

$10 airmail / $9 surface

Write for prices

NOTE: Above charges includes box mailer, packing supplies, and a nominal handling fee.

this is from motorcitymusic, in my opinion one of the best sellers in the us, or anywhere else for that matter,

this is what you should be charged but i've been quoted $20 for one 45 before now, my advice is always check before bidding on anything if it dosen't say up-front what the postage is,

joe.

Social source share

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT JOHNNY SAYLES I CANT GET ENOUGH M- AT A GREAT BUY IT NOW PRICE OF $85 .NOT TILL THE INVOICE CAME FROM SELLER DID I FIND OUT THE P&P PRICE $113.50 $28.50 POST & PACKAGE .NOW THATS A LOT AND TOOK THE SHINE RIGHT OF A GREAT BARGIN

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT JOHNNY SAYLES I CANT GET ENOUGH M- AT A GREAT BUY IT NOW PRICE OF $85 .NOT TILL THE INVOICE CAME FROM SELLER DID I FIND OUT THE P&P PRICE $113.50 $28.50 POST & PACKAGE .NOW THATS A LOT AND TOOK THE SHINE RIGHT OF A GREAT BARGIN

I had that once. told 'em to stuff it, refused to pay exorbitant shipping fees. Got a negative feedback, but f**k it!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Anything over £25 for johnny sayles is not a bargain in my book!

Social source share

Just been quoted $70 to post a $60 record to UK !!! :thumbsup: $130 total !!!

so a £30 record has jumped to a £65 one !!

Errr no thanks mate, i'll pass on that !!

come on Pete Johnny S worth at least £30 in my book tongue.gif

Well I'd been selling it for £10 quid for ever until someone suddenly decided it was rare about 2 years ago.

Punters on the northern scene are such sheep, they see one dealer sell a record for a silly price and start believing thats what it's worth. People cannot seem to see the difference between auctions and set sales. Auction prices are not real prices, they are the result of people bidding against one another and pushing the price up. The problem comes when the final value is taken as that records worth, which is just nonsense.

Social source share

How do you get the time to buy records when you cannot be bothered to send records back to people that you owe?

Ive waited months for the 2 records you owe me and all I get is excuses and I dont have the time because Im working - Well you have the time to bid on ebay so get the 2 records you have stolen back to me.

No body deal with this person until I get my 2 record back. They are not worth an awful lot but its the principal of the matter and technically as he has nevere returned the records he has stolen them iMO

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Well I'd been selling it for £10 quid for ever until someone suddenly decided it was rare about 2 years ago.

Punters on the northern scene are such sheep, they see one dealer sell a record for a silly price and start believing thats what it's worth. People cannot seem to see the difference between auctions and set sales. Auction prices are not real prices, they are the result of people bidding against one another and pushing the price up. The problem comes when the final value is taken as that records worth, which is just nonsense.

Quite true Pete, but dontcha just love it when those bidding against each other are piddling about with a dollar here and 2 dollars there, you put in a decent snipe and nick it off 'em! :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

cost me $47.oo to get 82 records surpose to have priroty mail on them took ages to get here asked the dealer if he ed sent them by

pigeon post .the pigeon would have been quicker :thumbsup:biggrin.gif

Social source share

For one 45 sent from California, with a new cruciform mailer and a minimum of three stiffeners I charge either;

First Class International = $7 approx

or

Express Priority Mail (which is the cheapest shipping method the US Postal Service offers whilst obtaining a door-to-door tracking number) = $30 approx

For one LP, FCI should be around $13, certainly no more than $14.

Social source share

Yep, you're quite right Pete, and people will always agree with you...until they want to sell something! wink.gif

Then out trots the old "seen on so and so for..," "went for so and so on...", "50% less than 'book' price".

Does anyone actually take any notice of all that crap! :thumbsup: I suppose some do actually eh? :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Just been quoted $70 to post a $60 record to UK !!! :thumbup: $130 total !!!

so a £30 record has jumped to a £65 one !!

Errr no thanks mate, i'll pass on that !!

come on Pete Johnny S worth at least £30 in my book :thumbup:

Just posted some stuff back to myself from the USA

200 records in one box weight = 16 Lbs cost $ 75.65 US

190 records in another box = 14 Lbs cost $69.35

arrived here 10days after I posted them

so $70 US seems to be taking the Piss !!

Rob

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!