Summits-i'll Never Say No ,dc International

NEV

• Replies 28
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Rght the only one i know there did on this logo is the briliant cheapie it takes two ,you can pick this up for a tenner.There 2 rare ones are on Dontee and United International,if there did another one on DC international which ofcourse is a Washington logo,then id love a soundclip,i think there done another cheapie on LA SALLE also.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Are the Summits on LaSalle the same group????

Good question chalky dont know have a feeling there arnt to be honest but ususally wrong,there is also a summitt who done a rare thing on pouland ,now i have not got a glue what area there are from ?

BAZ A

I've a feeling they are a different group Baz.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I've a feeling they are a different group Baz.

Rare Soul Harmony book lists Summit(t)s on Dontee and DC International and the Summitts on United International as the same group, Summitt on Pouland seperately and the La Salle Summits as another group eight to ten years apart. All very confusing :rolleyes: Doesn't include a Harmon single though. No group members listed either.

Social source share

Rare Soul Harmony book lists Summit(t)s on Dontee and DC International and the Summitts on United International as the same group, Summitt on Pouland seperately and the La Salle Summits as another group eight to ten years apart. All very confusing :rolleyes: Doesn't include a Harmon single though. No group members listed either.

The Lasalle group is a different group (probably Chicago, Billy McGregor produced it). However, the pouland group is probably the same as the dc international (why do people keep saying united international?) and dontee group. The pouland record is from baltimore. Thanks.

Social source share

I've never seen that. Can you post a scan or audio clip? I'm interested to hear it. Thanks.

unfortunately not, I'd be interested to hear myself along with the others mentiuoned as not heard the DC International one for long time, also the LaSalle one too.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

unfortunately not, I'd be interested to hear myself along with the others mentiuoned as not heard the DC International one for long time, also the LaSalle one too.

I have all the other ones mentioned (the dontee, 2 dc international, and lasalle 45s) but probably don't have time to record them all! Is there a specific one you want to hear more? Thanks.

Social source share

I have all the other ones mentioned (the dontee, 2 dc international, and lasalle 45s) but probably don't have time to record them all! Is there a specific one you want to hear more? Thanks.

the two DC Int and La Salle ones :rolleyes: the rarer DC International one would be the preferred one though. Thanks :P

Social source share

Stuart, this book has featured in two recent threads. What's the score? Is it available? Info, please.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Stuart, this book has featured in two recent threads. What's the score? Is it available? Info, please.

The Soul Vocal Group Bible by Jef Beckma, Jim Hunt and Tom Kline. Like Chalky says, its out of print. Got mine off Anglo American I think. Being American it doesn't have an ISBN number. Shows who else is interested in "our" music though.

Very useful for irritating your friends when they 'phone up about a new record "Oh yes, also came out on such and such a year later, they used to be the Four Widgets in the fifties". :unsure:

Social source share

the two DC Int and La Salle ones :unsure: the rarer DC International one would be the preferred one though. Thanks thumbsup.gif

I'll record both sides of the hard dc international 45 when I get home (the funky side is also pretty good). By the way, I had a double of it that I traded to your guy Dyson, so if you or someone else needs one, Dyson might still have one. Thanks.

Social source share

it's out of print. the writers don't have copies either. Took me couple of years to get one!!!

At one point I bought 10 copies of the book off of one of the authors, just to give away to groups that I interviewed. They were so excited to see their records somewhere. They went quickly though and I wasn't able to get any more. Everyone I gave one to told all their friends and they all wanted one.

Social source share

Rght the only one i know there did on this logo is the briliant cheapie it takes two ,you can pick this up for a tenner.There 2 rare ones are on Dontee and United International,if there did another one on DC international which ofcourse is a Washington logo,then id love a soundclip,i think there done another cheapie on LA SALLE also.

BAZ A.

I've got it so I'll sort you a sound clip out soon.

It's really nice.

Dolly

:unsure:

Social source share

Are the Summits on LaSalle the same group????

I've a track on cd somewhere of a Summits on Harmon, He's An Angel, male group harmony.

I haven't heard of this Chalky, although I have "I'll Never Say No" on DC, it contains the line 'He's an angel' (at least I think it does, it's a while since I played it), wonder if it's the same track, different title. :unsure: BTW, if anyone wants to offer me a decent trade or a decent amount of cash, then mine is available.

Jordi

Social source share

Here is the Label Discography of DC International courtesy of https://www.dcsoulrecordings.com/index.php?...;s=recordlabels

Producer R Jose Williams.

DCI 3001 Skip Mahoney and the Casuals - Your Funny Moods (LP)

DCI 5001 The Summits - Let Me Love You Again / It Takes Two (1973)

DCI 5002 Mark Jackson - Baby / ?

DCI 5003 Skip Mahoney and the Casuals - Your Funny Moods / Struggling Man

DCI 5004 The Summits - Sleepwalking / I'll Never Say No

DCI 5004 The Summits - Sleepwalking / Sleepwalking (promo)

DCI 5005 ?

DCI 5006 ?

DCI 5007 Skip Mahoney and the Casuals - Seems Like (The Love We Had Is Dead and Gone) / Town Called No-Where

102 Marcelle Joseph Long Distance Love Affair / Resistance To Change (1975)

Any one that can update the missing items please contact the website -its great and so to is the fliker photo page

Edited by soulfulsaint
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert