Anyone Ever Seen A Mirwood Label Like This Before?

Pete S

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

No group name? How strange.

Derek

blush.gif Been studying it against mine for the last ten mins & still didn't notice it !

Was looking for something less obvious after he said look carefully :lol:

Social source share

No, and the only reason they out it out on soul fox was because they got hold of the instrumental - all the vocal versions were b sides on those pressings. I didn't notice the missing artist thing for about 2 months! But I've never seen anything like it before. Maybe they either used a slightly different pitch lettering or the typesetter just forgot!

Social source share

Look closely!

post-1893-1191076807_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete

I've found at least two different variations for most of the Mirwoods.

Mirwood_5531a_B_V.jpgMirwood_5531b_B_V.jpg

Here is the 5531 WITH GROUPS NAME - It is on Vinyl.

The one to date with the most variations is "Baby, Do The Philly Dog"

One of the DEMO's is DOUBLE A the other has the "Western Movies" B'Side

Suggesting several visits to the pressing plant.

Mirwood_5523aa_DJ_S.jpgMirwood_5523a_MB_V.jpgMirwood_5523a_B_V.jpg

Mirwood_5523a_MB_S.jpgMirwood_5523a_DB_S.jpgMirwood_5523a_DJ_S.jpg

However "Baby,Do The Philly Dog" no doubt sold a heck of a lot more at the time.

than The Mirwood 5531

That one you have has got to be Mega Rare.

I've certainly never seen one, I would suggest it was one that escaped the pressing plant.

I wouldn't have thought that they would knowingly allow copies to circulate with the error.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Talking about Mirwood weird things- I spoke to Pete abit about this a couple of years ago.

I picked up a US LP on Vee Jay which was a compilation of Mirwood classics- No cover but the records were listed on the Yellow Vee jay Label

It had cigarrette ashes/Temptation walk/ hes allright with me or Dont pretend(cannot remeber) Its the same old thing. All the tracks were Mirwood releases including one Ive never heard of.

Ive just passed it to Barry Waddington recently who I am sure will do a scan for you if your curious!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Talking about Mirwood weird things- I spoke to Pete abit about this a couple of years ago.

I picked up a US LP on Vee Jay which was a compilation of Mirwood classics- No cover but the records were listed on the Yellow Vee jay Label

It had cigarrette ashes/Temptation walk/ hes allright with me or Dont pretend(cannot remeber) Its the same old thing. All the tracks were Mirwood releases including one Ive never heard of.

Ive just passed it to Barry Waddington recently who I am sure will do a scan for you if your curious!

Yes please, I sure am!

Ady

Social source share

Look closely!

post-1893-1191076807_thumb.jpg

Mirwood_5531b_B_V.jpg

It surprises me that it may not be rare.

Looking at the Layout of the Label credits I am assuming that it was from the same pressing plant as my copy.

Hard to piece things together all these years later, but I wonder if they were part of the very first batch to be pressed.

Having said that the DEMO has the Artist Credits.

Mirwood_5531aa_DJ_V.jpg

We may never know, It's certainly strange but does give us more to collect to complete the Label I suppose. :rolleyes:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Definitely be Interesting to see a scan etc.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert