Al Foster Band/ Night Of The Wolf

Maark

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yep, just checked this & its there in all of its glory...........great tune BTW happy memories from dancefloors past........& just right for today's more funky dancefloors I might add.

Russ

Thanks Russ. thumbsup.gif Tis a great tune and I've only heard it played once in 6 years and that was at the NCS nighter at the Stable last year. When it started up I thought WTF.......... I have it as a ram. file, but can't convert to MP3, hence my request.

Social source share

Thanks Russ. thumbsup.gif Tis a great tune and I've only heard it played once in 6 years and that was at the NCS nighter at the Stable last year. When it started up I thought WTF.......... I have it as a ram. file, but can't convert to MP3, hence my request.

It is a top tune Mark....i like it too...Delxx

Social source share

download sc audio converter and it changes your files for ya. easy to use.

rupert

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Yep, just checked this & its there in all of its glory...........great tune BTW happy memories from dancefloors past........& just right for today's more funky dancefloors I might add.

Russ

Great track IMHO! Has anybody heard the recent version that has been done, i bought it out of interest, nowhere near as good as the original i'm afraid!!

Ste thumbsup.gif

Social source share

the night of the wolf was a cheap record in the early 90s'. what the feck is going on?

M

Ya know what, I don't care how cheap it is or when it was made, I think it's a great tune. It's a good job I've not been on the scene long enough to turn into a snob! :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip Rupert, sometimes the software isn't available for Mac's but I'll give it a whirl.

Oh and Mr Donnelly, just cos the p*sh are doing rubbish, don't take it out on my music tastes! tongue.gif

Social source share

Ya know what, I don't care how cheap it is or when it was made, I think it's a great tune. It's a good job I've not been on the scene long enough to turn into a snob! :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip Rupert, sometimes the software isn't available for Mac's but I'll give it a whirl.

Oh and Mr Donnelly, just cos the p*sh are doing rubbish, don't take it out on my music tastes! :lol:

I used to own the record in the late 80's & was simply surprised to see it going for the price it goes for now, the same can be said for don thomas. the night of the wolf used to literally set the dancefloor alight back in 1975/6. the reaction to it was a sight to behold at places like cleethorpes, specially in the 'stamping' period. the record was good then & is still good now in my opinion. mr. donnelly is a recalcitrant torch perv. his pooh-poohing of these records is to be expected. laugh.gif

Social source share

I used to own the record in the late 80's & was simply surprised to see it going for the price it goes for now, the same can be said for don thomas. the night of the wolf used to literally set the dancefloor alight back in 1975/6. the reaction to it was a sight to behold at places like cleethorpes, specially in the 'stamping' period. the record was good then & is still good now in my opinion. mr. donnelly is a recalcitrant torch perv. his pooh-poohing of these records is to be expected. :thumbup:

You'll be telling me next that The Gig - Raw Soul is an all time classic smile.gif

Social source share

I used to own the record in the late 80's & was simply surprised to see it going for the price it goes for now, the same can be said for don thomas. the night of the wolf used to literally set the dancefloor alight back in 1975/6. the reaction to it was a sight to behold at places like cleethorpes, specially in the 'stamping' period. the record was good then & is still good now in my opinion. mr. donnelly is a recalcitrant torch perv. his pooh-poohing of these records is to be expected. :wave:

Sometimes I realise that being away from the scene for so long has advantages. I reckon I can spot a good tune without paying regard to what decade it's from, and without being influenced by where it was played. :wave:

This one - well I wouldn't give it house room.

But if anyone wants it there's an original copy on ebay - under 2 days to go, 1 bid, ...........99p.

About right IMO :wave:

"STOLEN HOURS" 1st Anniversary, ***RAMSGATE*** 24th NOVEMBER.

2 Rooms + Accomodation + Free unissued Vinyl (first 100 tickets)

*** Change of venue - see Events thread ***

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

It is a top tune Mark....i like it too...Delxx

Ditto!!! - A great tune indeed - Always meant to pick up a copy myself!

"SILK" Rare Soul Night Midland Road, Wellingborough Northants NN8 1HF Saturday 24th November 2007 DJS - JOHN MANSHIP - MARK BICKNELL - DAVE GREET (YATE) - Plus resident - LENNY DOPSON- Info - 07970 361216

*****PLAYING 'DAMN' GOOD SOUL MUSIC!!!*****

*FREE 'LIVE' CD OF THE EMBANKMENT CLUB'S FINAL HOUR TO FIRST 100 THROUGH THE DOOR.*

Social source share

Al foster Band is a pseudonym of an old italian artist..IVANO FOSSATI the first release of that was on his album of 1973 "poco prima dell'aurora"on cetra the real name of the song is "il tema del lupo"written and perfromed also with OSCAR PRUDENTE even on cetra the first 7"..after the roulette release of 1975...however in these days a jam session band called esperanto (a formation of some musicians from some new funk band like speedometer and bamboos) re-work this for a new 7" released by the freestyle records...

not bad but not soo good like the IVANO FOSSATI ONE

all the best Alfredo (italy) :wave: ))

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

I've always thought of this as more of a Jazz-Funk/Jazz tune than a Soul record it gets spins on the Jazz dance scene. Great tune all the same I've even heard it played down the 100 club.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert