Mr. Blue Brad Hales

Brad advertised a few 45s on here back in November. I bought Reflections "Romeo & Juliet" and sent him £8 by Paypal which he accepted on 29 November. So far no sign of my 45 and I've had no replies to two enquiries I sent by PM on 17th and 29th December.

OK it was only £8 but bit miffed he's not got in contact when I've contacted him twice now.

Anyone on here in contact with him? I guess he may have sent it surface but just wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with him outside of Ebay.

Thanks

ROD

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Rod.

I have you a PM with his phone # in it.

I have had loads of dealings with Brad over the years and never had a problem to date,always reliable and straight talking etc,i'm dure its just a blip in the system so to speak.

toby.

Social source share

Guest DeeJay

Brad advertised a few 45s on here back in November. I bought Reflections "Romeo & Juliet" and sent him £8 by Paypal which he accepted on 29 November. So far no sign of my 45 and I've had no replies to two enquiries I sent by PM on 17th and 29th December.

OK it was only £8 but bit miffed he's not got in contact when I've contacted him twice now.

Anyone on here in contact with him? I guess he may have sent it surface but just wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with him outside of Ebay.

Thanks

ROD

Rod i can vouch for Brad if there is a problem and he's aware of it he'll rectify it i've met him and he's a real down to earth nice fella furthest from a con man man ever i'll email him this afty with your message

DJ

Social source share

I was honoured to actually meet Brad whilst in Seattle last year... a more genuine guy you honestly couldn't wish to meet.

Nothing to do with your problem or Brad... but I'm waiting for a letter that has been redirected back to me here due to the fact it arrived at the house we were staying at in Seattle after we were already back home in England.

It was posted the first week in December... it still hasn't arrived.

Social source share

Thanks

ROD

The US mail service have finished doing surface mail.

Social source share

Thanks for info people. I'll give it another week to turn up and then I suppose I can now phone him or write to him from details supplied by PM.

However, IMO pretty rubbish service from a seller. That's NOT answering two Pms querying non-arrival and I won't bother buying from him again.

ROD

Hi Rod. I think Brad is sometimes slow to respond to email and sometimes tours out of town with his band. I had bought that louis curry he posted up here when he posted here and got it quickly. He's very honest, though, I'm sure he'll refund your money if he did send it and you didn't get it.

Social source share

Blimey...sounds like he's royalty :lol:

He's way better than any royal family members I know :yes:

Agree with all the comments above. One of the greatest people I've ever met, truly. I'm sure the problem is in the postal service

He does wait a bit after answering e-mails and stuff, though :P

I'm sure he'll contact you and your problem will be solved...

Dante

Social source share

I just checked his "Me" page and he ain't been on here since 27th November so I've contacted him via Ebay.

Im sure Brad is a very nice guy but seriously if you put an ad on SS to sell 45s why wouldn't you go back every now and then to check for replies. It's a bit sloppy isn't it?

Still, my wife is very nice too but I wouldn't let her out on her own!!

Thanks for all the input. I can sort this out now hopefully.

ROD

Social source share

I am happy to see that Brad's reputation as a class dude precedes him. All the positive comments said about him above are completely true and warranted. Yes, he is forgetful sometimes and slow to respond to email sometimes. The best way to contact him is to call him. But, for real, Brad would give you the clothes off his back, a bed to sleep in, food, and the rarest record in his collection if you needed it and not think twice. In fact, I feel like he has done that for me multiple times. Crack heads walk into his store in Detroit with $5000 dollar records and he pays them the same overly fair price he would pay a reluctant collector selling his collection. I saw a homeless man completely lose his mind and jump for joy when he saw Brad walking across the street in Detroit, yelling "It's Brad, yaaaaay, It's Braaaadddd!" When it comes to records in Detroit, Brad is like Jesus. He is one my personal heroes.

Edited by sharlow45
Social source share

I am happy to see that Brad's reputation as a class dude precedes him. All the positive comments said about him above are completely true and warranted. Yes, he is forgetful sometimes and slow to respond to email sometimes. The best way to contact him is to call him. But, for real, Brad would give you the clothes off his back, a bed to sleep in, food, and the rarest record in his collection if you needed it and not think twice. In fact, I feel like he has done that for me multiple times. Crack heads walk into his store in Detroit with $5000 dollar records and he pays them the same overly fair price he would pay a reluctant collector selling his collection. I saw a homeless man completely lose his mind and jump for joy when he saw Brad walking across the street in Detroit, yelling "It's Brad, yaaaaay, It's Braaaadddd!" When it comes to records in Detroit, Brad is like Jesus. He is one my personal heroes.

Spoke to Brad today and told him about this , he does not know about whats gone on , he said he was going to log back on here , yes nice guy and like i first sent a pm modernsoulsucks with a contact number for Brad.

Social source share

He's been in contact thanks in response to my message via ebay.

He seems very disorganised but was extremely apologetic and Im now sorted. However although I appreciate that all you who know him agree he's a nice guy if you buy a 45 from here and don't receive it, then send two PMs a couple of weeks apart and don't get a reply, as a one-time dealer in 45s, I'd say it's not good customer service.

Anyone on here who has bought 45s off me either on here or when I did mail order as Out of the Past in Manchester will tell you that I don't expect sellers to have standards other than those I apply to myself.

ROD

Social source share

He's been in contact thanks in response to my message via ebay.

He seems very disorganised but was extremely apologetic and Im now sorted. However although I appreciate that all you who know him agree he's a nice guy if you buy a 45 from here and don't receive it, then send two PMs a couple of weeks apart and don't get a reply, as a one-time dealer in 45s, I'd say it's not good customer service.

Anyone on here who has bought 45s off me either on here or when I did mail order as Out of the Past in Manchester will tell you that I don't expect sellers to have standards other than those I apply to myself.

ROD

================================================================================

==

Rod u did,nt sell rare soul 45,s you gave them away :(

Happy New Year Pal

see u at Burnley dig out some great 70,s to play :(

Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

amen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert