Rare Soul @ Silk

• Replies 111
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Classy flyer Cliff, hope to see you in April? starting the plugs and mentions for this coming Sunday's show.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark, Yep April 19th, you and Mr.Fenn as our class act DJ guests for another night of top tune quality soulfulness. Thanks for the radio support, it's really appreciated :D

no offence ment to you len.....just the other FAKE (soulie) that played some things there

Yeh, I know what you mean... I don't think we'll be having John Manship on again!!! :P

See you there mate :D

Len.

Errr.....Now I'm completely lost

:shhh:

DJs planned for future nights Dave Rippolles, Arthur Fenn, Soul Sam complete with gaffer tape, Mark Bicknell, Dave Thorley, Bob Cosby, Dave Welding, Tony Parker, John Manship.........more of Andy Dyson and Kitch, and generally top quality DJs that know their soul onions :D

:lol:

DJs planned for future nights Dave Rippolles, Arthur Fenn, Soul Sam complete with gaffer tape, Mark Bicknell, Dave Thorley, Bob Cosby, Dave Welding, Tony Parker, John Manship.........more of Andy Dyson and Kitch, and generally top quality DJs that know their soul onions thumbsup.gif

Completely lost? - That's what Soul-source does to ya! :lol: - Top line up of DJ's there Cliff. Ref The sound system, Billy (The Owner) Has a great system where he sets a level, so if anybody turns it up it won't go any louder, just distorts. It really is 'Top Notch' and is clear as a bell.

Len.

Completely lost? - That's what Soul-source does to ya! :P - Top line up of DJ's there Cliff. Ref The sound system, Billy (The Owner) Has a great system where he sets a level, so if anybody turns it up it won't go any louder, just distorts. It really is 'Top Notch' and is clear as a bell.

Len.

It sounded great last time I was there, highly unusual for rare soul do, it's usually a case of making do with what ever the local disco equipment hire company's got left over, which then sounds like it been set up by chimps. :unsure:

Guest gordon russell

:unsure:

DJs planned for future nights Dave Rippolles, Arthur Fenn, Soul Sam complete with gaffer tape, Mark Bicknell, Dave Thorley, Bob Cosby, Dave Welding, Tony Parker, John Manship.........more of Andy Dyson and Kitch, and generally top quality DJs that know their soul onions :thumbsup:

hey cliff.....dave flemming and the awesome jumping joan........ :D

I plan to ask Sam to DJ as soon as I can figure out how to wire up the slide controls (or Sam) to keep the sound system tamper free. :thumbsup: Thanks for not mentioning your bouffant hair.

there are so many knobs and buttons on the mixer we use at Cambridge i don't think sam dared to change a thing ! i'll bring it along when he's booked in ... problem sorted !

and good luck with silk Cliff , I'll be bringing Mr Rees along

Absolutely, they've been added to the list of most wanted DJs, and I'm just working on dates :D

Cliff,Looking forward to this, quality and 3 mile down the road. Looks like it gonna be a packer, hope there's gonna be room on the dance floor. Is that right that anyone with varuka's, foot rot or fell trotters knee can watch by video link from the first aid tent on the river embankment, thus leaving more room on the dance floor for us ant stampers. I've come down with rangoon crutch but it should be cleared up by next month. Cliff loads of moans over lack of quality on the scene lets see them support you guys and carry on from Len & co

see ya there Kimbo.

p.S Len hows the Ricketts.

Guest gordon russell

Cliff,Looking forward to this, quality and 3 mile down the road. Looks like it gonna be a packer, hope there's gonna be room on the dance floor. Is that right that anyone with varuka's, foot rot or fell trotters knee can watch by video link from the first aid tent on the river embankment, thus leaving more room on the dance floor for us ant stampers. I've come down with rangoon crutch but it should be cleared up by next month. Cliff loads of moans over lack of quality on the scene lets see them support you guys and carry on from Len & co

see ya there Kimbo.

hey kim keep on taking the tixy lix lol :thumbsup: ......all the best terry

Good to hear Paddy Grady plugging Silks (as well as other Northants and surrounding counties soul do's) on his Soul programme on Radio Northampton tonight. Mind you, he let the side down when he announced "and if you can get down to Silks, this is the sort of tune you'll hear" then played "The Snake"!!!! :thumbsup::lol:

(Ok the last sentence is a blatant lie...... :D )

Good to hear Paddy Grady plugging Silks (as well as other Northants and surrounding counties soul do's) on his Soul programme on Radio Northampton tonight. Mind you, he let the side down when he announced "and if you can get down to Silks, this is the sort of tune you'll hear" then played "The Snake"!!!! :D:shades:

(Ok the last sentence is a blatant lie...... :huh: )

Somehow I never find the time to listen to his radio show, I can't be sure why :lol: . Thanks for the report, so you mean Paddy Grady actually mentioned someone else's soul night on his radio prog :D - I'd play The Snake if Paddy turned up, it would be fitting :thumbsup: - I'll let you figure out whether that's a blatant lie :lol:

see ya there Kimbo.

I put it on your doorstep for top blokes like you, I hope your crutch clears up in time, otherwise I'll ask Trev to lend you some of his lotions, he's got special ones for his hypocondria :lol:

We're gonna be flying the quality flag so high :huh:

I put it on your doorstep for top blokes like you, I hope your crutch clears up in time, otherwise I'll ask Trev to lend you some of his lotions, he's got special ones for his hypocondria whistling.gif

We're gonna be flying the quality flag so high :D

No dont do that Cliff.....Trev, Lotions oooh no. :D

Absolutely, they've been added to the list of most wanted DJs, and I'm just working on dates :lol:

If you haven't already placed 24th May in your diary for Creative Soul, then here's the reason you should - Dave & Jordi Ripolles now confirmed for for a full on night of top quality 60's & 70's soul, it's gonna be another special night :lol:

Guest gordon russell

Good to hear Paddy Grady plugging Silks (as well as other Northants and surrounding counties soul do's) on his Soul programme on Radio Northampton tonight. Mind you, he let the side down when he announced "and if you can get down to Silks, this is the sort of tune you'll hear" then played "The Snake"!!!! :g::D

(Ok the last sentence is a blatant lie...... :lol: )

wonder if the very dodgey weekender (laugh out very load) is on in his part of northants.....is cliff steele djing for free and is deon jackson appearing cried the snake.......try wondering if thats why theres some plugging going on angry.gif

If you haven't already placed 24th May in your diary for Creative Soul, then here's the reason you should - Dave & Jordi Ripolles now confirmed for for a full on night of top quality 60's & 70's soul, it's gonna be another special night :ohmy:

Wow Dave and Jordi at Silks is defo gonna be in my diary. Both of these guys are mates and the stuff they play is class. If you are into SOUL get yer arse to Silks, AT ANY of the forth coming dates hear something new and enjoy the vibe and keep a quality nite in our part of the world.

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

Talked to a lot of people at 'Lifeline' about Silk. There seems to be a bit of a buzz going around about it so I thought give this a bit of a bump.

This is Cliff Steele's new venture under the 'Creative Soul' banner and promises to be a great night. If any of you want to hear some great music on 23 Feb then this is the place to be.

Silk

27 Midland Road,

Wellingborough,

Northamptonshire

NN8 1HF

post-8628-1200510441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Val

Here's another reason to get your diaries orgainised.......Bob Cosby added to the line up for Creative Soul's quality soul event on 22nd March, keeping with the real deal!!

Info : CreativeSoul2008@aol.com

Full line up now confirmed for March, with some of the best from Soul Essence combined with some of the best from Lifeline - Val, Trev, Cliff Steele & special guests Bob Cosby & Chalky to bring you another quality rare soul night of immense soulfulness - it's gonna be huge :ohmy:

....but you don't have to wait until March....the inaugral night kicks off on February 23rd, 17 days and counting.... :ohmy:

Guest gordon russell

it's gonna be huge :ohmy:

how huge.....quite huge,reasonably huge..or very huge, or as huge as trev lol.....the amigos are gonna be there however huge it is :ohmy:biggrin.gif

Prepare your diaries for a regular, full on quality 60's & 70's rare soul night at a superb venue, with excellent sound system, great dance floor and late, late bar, where the rare and not so rare are played along side to excite the dance floor and the wants lists.....you know you want it!!

Top tunes from top DJ's with February's guests Andy Dyson and Kitch.

Opening night - Saturday 23rd February 8 until 1 or later

More info - Cliff Steele 07906 303960

Bump....

Just a week away from something fresh for the Midlands - guaranteed quality soul from start to finish, don't wait for everyone to tell you how good it was..... :lol:

Hi Cliff, pushed this to the hilt on the show over the past few weeks and one big last shout for you this coming Sunday, hope it helps in some small way, looking forward to coming down in April, hope it's a cracking first night for you.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark you're an absolute star - really appreciate your support, and looking forward to a storming first night with your help. :thumbup:

Mark you're an absolute star - really appreciate your support, and looking forward to a storming first night with your help. thumbup.gif

Shucks Cliff....lol this will be a stunning night even without my plugs and mentions, only got about ten listeners anyway so let's hope they all turn up for you, on a more serious note I will do all I ccan to push such events and really hope it's a stunning night for you all.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Only a few days to go until Silks is on. This is a lovely venue with ample parking around the back of the club. There isn't really a lot of parking out the front as Silks is on the main one way street through the town.

Am looking forward to saturday as it feels like I haven't seen everyone for ages

Thanks Maria, I hadn't put anything about it. And there is two other celebrating there birthdays Jenny and Sue.

See you on Saturday

We'll be there for your birthday Nic thumbup.gif

3 birthdays :D .....better tell the management to make sure the bar's well stocked, 'cos I know you ladies like a drink ot two.. :thumbsup:

And My Birthday..is three days after that..so that will be 4 shades.gif ...Delxxx

Hi Cliff

I am sooooo glad this is on some of my favourite dj's and it means I now don't have to have a party for my birthday, thanks

Nicola :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday sweetheart, off to Edinburgh so we wont be able to celebrate your birthday but have a great time :D Gina and Andrew xxxxx

Will be lovely to see you on saturday Emma.

Gina and Andrew have a lovely time in Edinburgh.

Happy Birthday to Del.

Well its only two days to go are you ready for the weekend Cliff?

Yep, all set, I've got my list and checked it twice, though Trev's as organised as ever, and just discovered he hasn't got a big enough record box, which is scarey in a number of ways whistling.gif

It sounds like it'll be a busy night, what with all the birthday parteee goings on and top DJ happennings thumbsup.gif:huh:

Yep, all set, I've got my list and checked it twice, though Trev's as organised as ever, and just discovered he hasn't got a big enough record box, which is scarey in a number of ways whistling.gif

It sounds like it'll be a busy night, what with all the birthday parteee goings on and top DJ happennings thumbsup.gif:huh:

the st ives posse will be in attendance looking forward to this gonna be a top night with kitch and mr dyson as guests :lol::lol:

Source Advert