paultp

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit - Valtone (either b side but please state which)

In at least Ex condition, please pm me stating a price.

Thanks

Paul

What does this go for now? I've got it with the instrumental flip side, might sell it but if it's a cheapie then might as well keep it as it's a quality tune!

Adam.

Social source share

Harry told me on Saturday that it was a 25 quid tune wicked.gif

Think I'll keep mine at that price....heard it played out at Maxims on Saturday and it sounded great!

Adam.

Social source share

I found mine in Detroit a year ago,....didnt know it but loved it the first time i heard it...

Then a few weeks later heard it at Lowton...

Great Detroit soul...no idea on value although i did see a demo go thru ebay at around $100 recently...

Chris.

Chris Im amazed - This to me is a classic oldie - Played to death in the 70s

Social source share

Chris Im amazed - This to me is a classic oldie - Played to death in the 70s

I only heard it for the first time when I found it in a random box of records I was looking through at home. But then as I was only born in 1976 there wasn't much chance of me hearing it played in the 70s :wicked: .

Does go to show though that a tune that might be considered an oldie to some is totally unknown to others. IMO it's quality tunes like this that should get played again, but I guess that's for another thread.

Adam.

Social source share

I only heard it for the first time when I found it in a random box of records I was looking through at home. But then as I was only born in 1976 there wasn't much chance of me hearing it played in the 70s laugh.gif .

Does go to show though that a tune that might be considered an oldie to some is totally unknown to others. IMO it's quality tunes like this that should get played again, but I guess that's for another thread.

Adam.

I hadn't heard it before Saturday when Harry played it and I was born in 1957. :D He played the vocal and it grabbed me instantly. Was extremely chuffed to find it was a relatively cheap tune too.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Am I alone in prefering the other two tunes which shares the same backing track as this? I'm thinking of Andre Williams "You Got It And I Want It" on RIC TIC and Fabulous Apollos "Determination" on VALTONE. Far superior vocals on those in my opinion. thumbsup.gif

===

think theyre all as good really ..least fav is the determination one for me... only imo of course

Social source share

Am I alone in prefering the other two tunes which shares the same backing track as this? I'm thinking of Andre Williams "You Got It And I Want It" on RIC TIC and Fabulous Apollos "Determination" on VALTONE. Far superior vocals on those in my opinion. :)

Do you know, I never noticed they had the same backing! Probably why I liked the Clarence Jackson. I'll play them back to back when it turns up.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

I have both copies too, new it was an oldie, as a dj i try and find records that have been forgotten/not heard as much as they once were, a lot of my set consists of these records, when i dug it out about a year ago thought wow that needs some more play and was suprised to just how many people had forgot it GREAT TUNE, FANTASTIC BACKING VOCALS :lol:

Social source share

as i remember it was the instr which was the played side...be careful of the demos.....i bought one that had the vocal on both sides.....(isnt that Mike Terry on sax?)

The W/D doesn't have the vocal on the flip side and it doesn't have the instrumental on it either, it has a slow soul tune. Also this was brought out in the early 70's to cater for the UK northern scene, and there is some debate to the legal status of the release. It was a common 45 in soul packs at the time, I ended up with about 6 w/demos and a few issues, and no I don't have any left.

Mark @ Funkyfeet

Social source share

Source Advert