Ems Summer Charity Party

The only place to be for the 70's to present day Modern Soul fan on the 3rd weekend in August.

2 rooms, Qube nightclub, Sheffield.

post-3218-1215293062_thumb.jpg

Over 20 DJ's from the UK & Europe & all money raised will go directly to the Macmillan cancer support trust.

More details regarding tickets, times, hotel booking to follow shortly.

• Replies 51
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

DJ's booked to appear below.

ian dewhirst - mastercuts

colin curtis - oakley

mark randle - soul purpose

teee - real love radio

dodger - soul underground

terry gee - 21K

sean hampsey - soul sessence

ockers - morecambe

lin taylor - soul underground

fish - simply soul

geoff burgess - soul intent

miranda - TSOP

brett franklin - the bar

simon murray - upfront

paul thrower - chi-soul

russ steele - modernism

steve woomble - Soulhull

martin smith - soul intent

wakefield city soul club

white bull gisburn crew

philly dave - all things soulful

dave lucas - the motorway

paul sutton - soulshyne

martin dixon - modernism

micke and lasse - sweden

Guest Brett F

Gotta' say Martin that i think anyone who wants to go, ought to start buying their tickets now, because the amount of folks i know, who want to attend, is going through the roof :lol: . I know i'm in the 70's room but i'm looking forward to both days and both rooms (Hell i'm open minded, and i may even listen to your cd's Mart :lol: ), the 70's room has echoes of the outstanding Morecambe weekender, and with the addition of Mr Hampsey it really is the icing on the cake for me, the last time i saw Sean H was at Soul Essence and he played some blinding soul music.

By the way i'm off to Pisa this week for Jamies Hartford's wedding and i'm even playing vinyl on the Saturday night, so that will be a good run up to this event, and not forgetting the Manchester lads Paul B and Liam have asked me to play at Beat Boutique on the 18th July ( Shameless self-promoton......... :yes: )

Edited by Brett F

Seems to be a fair buzz on this event Martin . Looking forward to checking Colin Curtis and Philly Daves spots but Im glad Im missing Dewsburys . :D

I have been consigned to the top room , where I will play 70's and a few 80's spins ohmy.gif

Simon

Edited by Simon M

Friday DJ's as follows,

Fish

Dave Lucas

Philly Dave

Martin Smith

Russ Steele

Steve Woomble

Saturday 70's & 80's room DJ's as follows,

Sean O'Connor

Brett Franklin

Wakefield City Soul Club

Simon Murray

White Bull Guisburn Crew

Sean Hampsey

Paul Thrower

All others in main room on Saturday

Guest vinylvixen

Friday DJ's as follows,

Fish

Dave Lucas

Philly Dave

Martin Smith

Russ Steele

Steve Woomble

Saturday 70's & 80's room DJ's as follows,

Sean O'Connor

Brett Franklin

Wakefield City Soul Club

Simon Murray

White Bull Guisburn Crew

Sean Hampsey

Paul Thrower

All others in main room on Saturday

Looks like a crackin' couple of days and an excellent cause. Shame I won't be able to come and heckle Mr Franklin but I'll be over in York djing at the Charity Alldayer....Ne'er mind, I'll be thinking of y'all. Have a good one :thumbup: Jo x

Looks like a crackin' couple of days and an excellent cause. Shame I won't be able to come and heckle Mr Franklin but I'll be over in York djing at the Charity Alldayer....Ne'er mind, I'll be thinking of y'all. Have a good one :thumbup: Jo x

Thats no excuse Jo , the EMS gig will be a marathon not a sprint :wave:

Looks like a crackin' couple of days and an excellent cause. Shame I won't be able to come and heckle Mr Franklin but I'll be over in York djing at the Charity Alldayer....Ne'er mind, I'll be thinking of y'all. Have a good one :ohmy: Jo x

Hi Jo,

Could always do ours on the Friday & travel up to York on the Saturday.

Sure both events will be crackers & both raising money for very worthy causes.

If you can't make Sheffield on the Friday have a good un the day after in York.

Will be at Soul Intent in Renishaw near Sheffield tonight & the Vault Of Soul night at Qube in Sheffield tomorrow to take ticket bookings for the EMS Summer Party.

Sold £500 worth of tickets on the charity booking link in the last 5 days so don't leave it too late & miss the Modern event of the summer.

Mart...

The only place to be for the 70's to present day Modern Soul fan on the 3rd weekend in August.

2 rooms, Qube nightclub, Sheffield.

post-3218-1215293062_thumb.jpg

Over 20 DJ's from the UK & Europe & all money raised will go directly to the Macmillan cancer support trust.

More details regarding tickets, times, hotel booking to follow shortly.

this sounds wonderful thumbup.gif just the sort of event we would like to go to , fantastic DJs and all for charity.

Unfortunally we are away in France for the duration :) , but if we can do anything to help -distribute flyers , donate a raffle prize etc please let me know . :rolleyes:

OCTOBER 3-5-A SPECIAL ONE-OFF WEEKENDER in WHITBY.-INCLUDES MIDDLETON ROOM

See details at www.goldsoul.co.uk BUY 1 TICKET from web site and Receive a 2nd...absolutely FREE!

Edited by andybellwood

this sounds wonderful thumbup.gif just the sort of event we would like to go to , fantastic DJs and all for charity.

Unfortunally we are away in France for the duration sad.gif , but if we can do anything to help -distribute flyers , donate a raffle prize etc please let me know . :thumbsup:

OCTOBER 3-5-A SPECIAL ONE-OFF WEEKENDER in WHITBY.-INCLUDES MIDDLETON ROOM See details at www.goldsoul.co.uk BUY 1 TICKET from web site and Receive a 2nd...absolutely FREE!

Thanks for the offer Andy. Sorry to hear you can't make it.

Not planning a raffle but if we keep getting offers of prizes we might just have to sort something out.

Ticket sales & donations have now passed the £1,000 mark so if anyones thinking about booking for either day please don't leave it too late.

Tickets can be purchased via a direct link to the charity on the EMS website or if that's a problem just get in touch with me on here via PM or give me a ring on 07761 496979 (evenings & weekends best).

Will also have tickets for sale at this Saturdays Modernism.

Mart...

• 2 weeks later...

the 70's room has echoes of the outstanding Morecambe weekender, and with the addition of Mr Hampsey it really is the icing on the cake for me, the last time i saw Sean H was at Soul Essence and he played some blinding soul music.

:D

Cor Brett, you're not so bad yerself!

First time I've seen this. Flattered to say the least!

Agree with all. This is going to be an awesome gig that not only deserves your support but promises to be a cracking event!

Sean

Soul Music DJ. Now taking bookings. Please contact my PR, Brett Franklin, for Rates & Availability! ;-)

As I type this I only have 6 Sat/Weekend tickets left & a handfull of Friday tickets so when they have gone you'll have to book on the site link or take your chance on the door on the day if we don't sell out so best get booking as soon as possible.

Got a very busy day planned for tomorrow but will be at the Vault Of Soul night at Qube & if time permits I am hoping to get over to Soul Intent later on but that's not definite.

Below is a link that takes you directly to the MacMillan Charity booking site & you can also make any donations on there if you can't make the event.

https://www.justgiving.com/essentialmodernsoulparty

As I type this I only have 6 Sat/Weekend tickets left & a handfull of Friday tickets so when they have gone you'll have to book on the site link or take your chance on the door on the day if we don't sell out so best get booking as soon as possible.

Got a very busy day planned for tomorrow but will be at the Vault Of Soul night at Qube & if time permits I am hoping to get over to Soul Intent later on but that's not definite.

Below is a link that takes you directly to the MacMillan Charity booking site & you can also make any donations on there if you can't make the event.

You have 5 Martin. You have one for me remember.

:thumbup:

Edited by SteveM

Hope you 2 SM boys don't mind me interupting but just got an on topic comment to make.

I have now totally sold out of Saturday/full weekend tickets but there are still a few available on the EMS just giving charity link below but they won't last for long.

Anybody wanting tickets for Saturday &/or the full weekend will have to order them on the above link.

Still have a few Friday tickets left & these will probably be available on the door on Friday night.

Guest Biggie G

Hope you 2 SM boys don't mind me interupting but just got an on topic comment to make.

I have now totally sold out of Saturday/full weekend tickets but there are still a few available on the EMS just giving charity link below but they won't last for long.

Anybody wanting tickets for Saturday &/or the full weekend will have to order them on the above link.

Still have a few Friday tickets left & these will probably be available on the door on Friday night.

Can't make it Martin, but hope you all have a good weekend and hopefully see you on the Boat.

cheers

Gareth and Janice

Morning,

Just a nudge to say that if you're wanting tickets, please buy them from the Just Giving link sooner rather than later, preferably before friday as we'll be on our way then (although we will check on late donations/tickets). There's a chance we might have a few left on the door but if you want to guarantee entry pre-bought tickets are the way to go.

If you can't make it and would just like to make a donation that would be very appreciated too.

Thanks

Gail

Travel information for the weekend.

If you are driving to the EMS party please read the following travel information.

The main route into Sheffield is the Sheffield Parkway that starts at junction 33 on the M1 motorway.

Head down the Parkway until you see signs for the 'Inner Ring Road'.

Follow the inner ring road & head towards the university/hospitals.

After about 1 mile you will go up a hill called Netherthorpe Road. You will know when you are on this as the Sheffield Supertram runs in the middle of the dual carrigeway.

At the top of the hill you will come to Brook Hill roundabout.

At the roundabout turn left (1st exit) onto Brook Hill.

Head down Brook hill for about 200 yards & take your 2nd right onto Mappin Street.

At the end of Mappin Street turn right onto West Street.

Head along West Street for about 100 yards & Regent Street & Qube is on your right.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT. If you are using sat nav TURN IT OFF as the inner ring road has only just opened & will not be on your sat nav.

Your sat nav will probably send you on the old roads & these now have bus gates on them & you will be fined if you go through them.

Sounds complicated but it's fairly easy & if you type Regent St Sheffield into Google Maps you'll see what I mean.

Will post parking info later.

Mart...

Just in case anyone is wondering what's happened to EMS since last night, our server at Excoboard is down at the moment, they're currently trying to fix it.

We seem to be back online now. We're down to the last 40 tickets for saturday, a few more for the friday but not many, when they're gone, they're gone!

Me and me gorgeous wife. :D Cant' wait to chuck beer mats at the nob Simon M when he's playing them daft little records he has. :D

Sold Natural Impuse in 1989?? Yeah right!!!!! :D

Hey Roger , Ion Doo Boo Doo' Berry is on at the same time as me, so wont you be in that room for his

low kps mp3 to CDR spot of 80's classics :lol:

Edited by Simon M

Given up trying to get on EMS last couple of nights, Heather if you are reading this can't phone as your no is on EMS, but am getting late train down so will see you there.

AM staying in hotel in VIctoria Station Road, is that as close to train station as it sounds, having been ripped off by a Yorkshire taxi last week, don't want to get done again!!

So obviously will be there!!

Given up trying to get on EMS last couple of nights, Heather if you are reading this can't phone as your no is on EMS, but am getting late train down so will see you there.

AM staying in hotel in VIctoria Station Road, is that as close to train station as it sounds, having been ripped off by a Yorkshire taxi last week, don't want to get done again!!

So obviously will be there!!

Hi Jock,

The board is running ok again. We've been having some server problems.

See you tomorrow.

Gail

Please do not book any more tickets on the Justgiving charity link as it is now closed for bookings but is still open for donations for a very worthy cause.

There will be a small amount of tickets available on the door on the Friday & Saturday but if you are planning on travelling a long distance please ring first to confirm on one of the numbers below.

07921 655926 OR 07768 714686 OR 07761 496979.

Hi Jocko,

Victoria station shut 30 years ago mate :rolleyes:

You will come into Sheffield Midland & it's about a 10 minute walk away.

When you leave the station head along Sheaf St to Park Square roundabout & then along Exchange Place & you'll see the Victoria hotel on your right at the top of a long driveway.

Best way to get to Qube from the Victoria is on the Sheffield Supertram.

Catch a tram heading to Middlewood or Malin Bridge & get off at West Street & the Qube is a bit further up the road on your right opposite Nirmals Indian restaurant.

Hi Jocko,

Victoria station shut 30 years ago mate :rolleyes:

You will come into Sheffield Midland & it's about a 10 minute walk away.

When you leave the station head along Sheaf St to Park Square roundabout & then along Exchange Place & you'll see the Victoria hotel on your right at the top of a long driveway.

Best way to get to Qube from the Victoria is on the Sheffield Supertram.

Catch a tram heading to Middlewood or Malin Bridge & get off at West Street & the Qube is a bit further up the road on your right opposite Nirmals Indian restaurant.

Thanks Martin, since I am with 3 females I think it will be taxi to venue and since I arrive at 9.17 I think it will be taxi to the hotel!

Job done, see you all later

Source Advert