Wand Records

I'm trying to get the Wand discography completed. So I thought It was time I asked all those extremely knowledgeable folks on SS for help.

I'm missing the following 45 details, so either artist / a side / b side / year of release is needed.

113, 116, 144, 168, 175, 176, 177, 186, 190, 1101, 1110, 1133,11210, 11271, 11277, 11289

And these are the details I'm missing from the whole of the album catalogue. With some, I just need track listings, with others I have no idea whether the album even exists (I'm aware that for the majority of the catalogue there were Stereo and Mono releases with WDM or WDS prefix codes). So again, if you can supply any details I'd be extremely grateful.

Albums

WDM-656 - Maxine Brown - The Fabulous Sound of Maxine Brown - 1963

Tracks:

WDM-661 - Various Artists - The Greatest on Stage - 1965

Tracks: David's Mood - The Kingsmen / Money - The Kingsmen / Louie Louie - the Kingsmen / Maxine Brown / Tommy Hunt

WDM-664 - Freddie Hughes - Send My Baby Back - 1965

Tracks:

WDM-665 - ?

WDM-668 - ?

WDS-671 - Various Artists (The Kingsmen) - How to Stuff a Wild Bikini (Soundtrack) - 1965

Tracks:

WDM-672 - Wilson Pickett - Great Hits - 1965

Tracks:

WDM-677 - Various Artists - Greatest Hits from the Soul of Texas - 1966

Tracks: I'm Glad For Your Sake - Joey Long / I Cried - Joey Long / Just A Little Bit - Roy Head / One More Time - Roy Head / Strange Lips Starts Ole Memories - The Traits / Harlem Shuffle - The Traits

WDM-679 - Don & The Goodtimes - Where the Action Is - 1967

Tracks:

WDM-682 - Chuck Jackson & Tammi Terrell - The Early Show - 1967

Tracks:

WDS-692 - ?

WDS-693 - Canned Heat - Live at Topanga Canyon - 1972

Tracks:

WDS-698 - ?

WDS-699 - The Independents - Discs of Gold - 1974

Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

HaHa ! both the listings on the web have the same numbers missing , sorry Dave

My copy of the listing originally came from the one that Randy Cozens put together, it was then added to by me and Bosko Asanovic, resulting in the list thats on my site.

Now I wonder where Global Dog got their list from because it includes all the additions made by Bosko and me whistling.gif:lol:

Social source share

Guest veep1296

My copy of the listing originally came from the one that Randy Cozens put together, it was then added to by me and Bosko Asanovic, resulting in the list thats on my site.

Now I wonder where Global Dog got their list from because it includes all the additions made by Bosko and me whistling.gif:lol:

Dave,

Would you like the Freddie Hughes tracklisting etc?

regards

David Ferguson in Sunny Burnley

Social source share

Dave,

Would you like the Freddie Hughes tracklisting etc?

regards

David Ferguson in Sunny Burnley

Yes please David, that's one I can cross off my list. I used to own the album at one time, but of course you don't keep track listings when you sell them.

Cheers

Social source share

Guest veep1296

I'm trying to get the Wand discography completed. So I thought It was time I asked all those extremely knowledgeable folks on SS for help.

I'm missing the following 45 details, so either artist / a side / b side / year of release is needed.

113, 116, 144, 168, 175, 176, 177, 186, 190, 1101, 1110, 1133,11210, 11271, 11277, 11289

And these are the details I'm missing from the whole of the album catalogue. With some, I just need track listings, with others I have no idea whether the album even exists (I'm aware that for the majority of the catalogue there were Stereo and Mono releases with WDM or WDS prefix codes). So again, if you can supply any details I'd be extremely grateful.

Albums

WDM-656 - Maxine Brown - The Fabulous Sound of Maxine Brown - 1963

Tracks:

WDM-661 - Various Artists - The Greatest on Stage - 1965

Tracks: David's Mood - The Kingsmen / Money - The Kingsmen / Louie Louie - the Kingsmen / Maxine Brown / Tommy Hunt

WDM-664 - Freddie Hughes - Send My Baby Back - 1965

Tracks:

WDM-665 - ?

WDM-668 - ?

WDS-671 - Various Artists (The Kingsmen) - How to Stuff a Wild Bikini (Soundtrack) - 1965

Tracks:

WDM-672 - Wilson Pickett - Great Hits - 1965

Tracks:

WDM-677 - Various Artists - Greatest Hits from the Soul of Texas - 1966

Tracks: I'm Glad For Your Sake - Joey Long / I Cried - Joey Long / Just A Little Bit - Roy Head / One More Time - Roy Head / Strange Lips Starts Ole Memories - The Traits / Harlem Shuffle - The Traits

WDM-679 - Don & The Goodtimes - Where the Action Is - 1967

Tracks:

WDM-682 - Chuck Jackson & Tammi Terrell - The Early Show - 1967

Tracks:

WDS-692 - ?

WDS-693 - Canned Heat - Live at Topanga Canyon - 1972

Tracks:

WDS-698 - ?

WDS-699 - The Independents - Discs of Gold - 1974

Thanks

Freddie Hughes info Dave . Heres Freddie advising me personally of the track listing! biggrin.gif:lol:

post-5119-1216152235_thumb.jpg

Side A

SEND MY BABY BACK

TONIGHT I'M GONNA SEE MY BABY

WE GOTTA KEEP ON

HE'S NO GOOD

NATURAL MAN

Side B

I GOTTA KEEP MY BLUFF IN

EVERY NIGHT I SEE YOUR LOVELY FACE

WHERE'S MY BABY

YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING

WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITHOUT YOUR SWEET LOVIN'

Good luck with the rest Dave.

Heres Freddies singing partner from The Casanova Two...Wylie Trass

post-5119-1216152747_thumb.jpg

Regards

David

post-5119-1216152235_thumb.jpg

post-5119-1216152747_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Dave, here's a link with the Wand LP's : Wand

Also, I have "The fabulous sound of Maxine Brown" :

SIDE 1 :

All in my mind

Now that you've gone

What I don't know (won't hurt me)

I don't need you no more

Forget him

Am I falling in love

SIDE 2 :

Funny

My life

Think of me

Wanting you

Promise me anything

A man

4703384149.jpg

Edited by Philippe
Social source share

Was very impressed to see Ivories scan posted on SS recently by boba.

What about Honeybees and Just Bros, heard rumours of their existance for years, anyone confirm? Scans?

the bottom of one of the ivories photos I have says "scepter records artist". They said they did background on some chuck jackson and maxine brown tracks.

Social source share

the bottom of one of the ivories photos I have says "scepter records artist". They said they did background on some chuck jackson and maxine brown tracks.

Boba, did the ladies know it had been released on Wand, any info on why it's so rare?

That scan was the first time I'd seen confirmation of it's existance. Any idea how many copies known among collectors?

Social source share

Boba, did the ladies know it had been released on Wand, any info on why it's so rare?

That scan was the first time I'd seen confirmation of it's existance. Any idea how many copies known among collectors?

Mick Smith and Mark Speakman (Netspeaky) have Ivories on Wand.
Social source share

But did any of your additions come from my site (solidhitsoul.com), which also originated with the Randy Cozens discog that you yourself sent to me all those years ago?

I recently acquired a very nice copy of the Ivories release, but have still not seen a Just Brothers, Earl Harrison, Honey Bees, or Walter Wilson

Social source share

But did any of your additions come from my site (solidhitsoul.com), which also originated with the Randy Cozens discog that you yourself sent to me all those years ago?

I recently acquired a very nice copy of the Ivories release, but have still not seen a Just Brothers, Earl Harrison, Honey Bees, or Walter Wilson

Remember Keb playing Walter Wilson late eighties, no idea if it was a cut or proper release he had.

Social source share

Remember Keb playing Walter Wilson late eighties, no idea if it was a cut or proper release he had.

it was a cut from the master tape i found, I eventually found the 1st 45 of it at Billy Jackson's.

Ken Ronnie Milsap was Scepter, the sister label of course (but belatedly came out on UK Wand I think).

Social source share

it was a cut from the master tape i found, I eventually found the 1st 45 of it at Billy Jackson's.

Ken Ronnie Milsap was Scepter, the sister label of course (but belatedly came out on UK Wand I think).

Oops,thanks Ady did ya' get your record off Mandy i gave for you?....best Ken

Social source share

Dave

WAND 45s

116 Russell Byrd - Nights of Mexico (Cancelled release)

11277 J.Kelly & The Premiers - She calls me baby/ signed sealed delivered(my heart)

Cant help on the others all my info is blank so unreleased or unknown. Steve G. is your man on this one if the missing numbers are out there he will have em!

The Man In Black

Social source share

Dave

Wand LPs

Wand 699 Independants - Discs of Gold

Side A

Leaving me,

Its all over,

I love you yes i do,

In the valley of my world

Just as long as you need me

Side 2

Baby ive been missing you

The first time we met

Arise and shine (lets get it on)

I just want to be there

Let this be a lesson to you

The Man In Black

Edited by reforee
Social source share

:lol:laugh.gif Probably, but they wouldn't have been the only additions.

Social source share

Mick Smith and Mark Speakman (Netspeaky) have Ivories on Wand.

One here too - minter :D ....will have a look in my collection and see what I can dig up.

J Kelly was the obvious missing one that I can remember - it was mis pressed on Wand with a Roadshow release number, but has a proper Wand speckled logo label.

Just Bros and Honey Bees are still an urban myth - release numbers but don't know of anyone who'se even seen a copy. Humphrey stomp however the other Garrison 45 with a Wand release number does exist .

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert