• Replies 43
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Tried at Jazzman but says out of stock

I think after Motherfunk posted everyone jumped on there and snapped them up. I know i did. :thumbup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

It wasn't out then :D

I just put some more copies up, no doubt they will go fast too

Good to see they are being offered at fair price. :thumbup:

Derek

Social source share

I try and get it right... have you seen them more elsewhere? One thing is for sure they WILL be a lot more in a few weeks/months/years from now - maybe even a few days?!

No i haven't but i'm sure they will be offered at far higher prices very soon. All credit to you for knocking them out at a tenner. I can think of many others who wouldn't have.

cheers

Derek

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

It wasn't out then :rolleyes:

I just put some more copies up, no doubt they will go fast too.

Gerald is that all stock gone? Your stie is saying out of stock

When you put them on sale yesterday i sent email to my mates but only had one back so had the two of you now two more are wanted!..................along with many more i bet!

Steve J

Social source share

Guest fryer

Gerald is that all stock gone? Your stie is saying out of stock

When you put them on sale yesterday i sent email to my mates but only had one back so had the two of you now two more are wanted!..................along with many more i bet!

Steve J

they are all sold out i have a few here in Scotland for sale for 10 quid PM me

cheers

fryer

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I've got a copy, open to the highest offer over £700 :lol:

Ste.

Ste the decimal point is missing after the seven mate :lol:

Steve

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Ordered mine at 5 PM last night and it arrived in the post this morning...............All I can say is that's the quickest I've ever received a record.

Brilliant service !

biggrin.gif

Hmm, ordered mine at 2.30 yesterday. Hope it comes tomorrow morning as i'm going on holiday at midday sad.gif

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

seeing as Jazzman's sold all of his, anyone who has a pre-order with me for these, don't worry, yours are on hold. Anyone asking me for them now, sorry, they're all allocated. That said they haven't show up yet...soon as they do those who have them on hold will know. :lol:

Same thing here Jason.

Please, no more emails, PLEASE STOP! :ohmy:

All mine have been allocated, 50 reserved, you know who you are, and 25 for the club tomorrow night. But the postie, like Jason's, is on go slow, so assuming he arrives in time get to Soul Rev tomorrow night, early doors to grab your copy!!! And if you miss out, take solace in being able to hear it up loud on the night on our Harmon installed sound system, which honestly, is the best system I've ever heard soul music played on, you need to hear it to believe it wink.gif Crikey, that's a cheeky plug whistling.gif

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Simon

This might be a bit controversial but i played the refosoul clip last night & didn't think the tune was that special, bit stop starty, maybe it'll sound better on more plays or if heard out over a loud system.

Simon :D

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

This might be a bit controversial but i played the refosoul clip last night & didn't think the tune was that special, bit stop starty, maybe it'll sound better on more plays or if heard out over a loud system.

Simon :lol:

Not controversial at all mate. There are plenty of people who don't like it, me for one, although i prefer One Day to You're The One. Not everyone can like every new big tune that comes along. There was a big thread on Look At Your Box about it a while back.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest fryer

Not controversial at all mate. There are plenty of people who don't like it, me for one, although i prefer One Day to You're The One. Not everyone can like every new big tune that comes along. There was a big thread on Look At Your Box about it a while back.

That is me out of copies apart from a few which i am keeping in my doubles box, i sent them all out today so they should arive tomorrow.

I think its a great record and i like the idea of the ltd amount was good fun, i know it makes people grumpy but it has made everyone stand up and notice some good new music which is great. if you missed it then you need to up your game.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

I think its a great record and i like the idea of the ltd amount was good fun, i know it makes people grumpy but it has made everyone stand up and notice some good new music which is great. if you missed it then you need to up your game.

Social source share

'Not controversial at all mate. There are plenty of people who don't like it, me for one, although i prefer One Day to You're The One. Not everyone can like every new big tune that comes along. There was a big thread on Look At Your Box about it a while back.'

I like it and agree with One Day being miles better than the other side, but theres plenty to get excited about apart from this. Having said that if i saw one knocking about i'd buy it for a tenner....loads of far worse records selling for a lot more.

Not sure about having to 'up your game' though without one...?? :P:no:

Edited by mulf
Social source share

That is me out of copies apart from a few which i am keeping in my doubles box, i sent them all out today so they should arive tomorrow.

record arrived today,many thanks :)

Mick

Social source share

Guest andycambs

they are all sold out i have a few here in Scotland for sale for 10 quid PM me

cheers

fryer

Got mine yesterday, very nice thanks :)

Andy

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Doesn't make me grumpy, i'm just not a big fan. I didn't miss out either... cool.gif

Social source share

Doesn't make me grumpy, i'm just not a big fan. I didn't miss out either... cool.gif

I wasn't a big fan either for what it's worth...though I'm sure it will do very well - but as somebody said earlier, it's a bit stop/start for my personal taste...

MRez

Social source share

The strange world of Northern Soul eh, a record being bought by people who

a) dont like it,

cool.gif have never previously admitted to buying a new record

c)Have never ever admitted to owning anything only worth a tenner. whistling.gif

d)wouldnt dream of listening to contemporary soul music

What s going on?

Oh I get it , someone thinks there may be a profit to be had........... :D

Or am I missing the point?

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

The strange world of Northern Soul eh, a record being bought by people who

a) dont like it, * I do.

cool.gif have never previously admitted to buying a new record *I have.

c)Have never ever admitted to owning anything only worth a tenner. whistling.gif* I have.

d)wouldnt dream of listening to contemporary soul music * I would and do.

What s going on?

Oh I get it , someone thinks there may be a profit to be had........... :D* Thats how the record industry works...

Or am I missing the point? *Yes.

** Its just a good record, people buy it because they like it or maybe they buy it because it WILL sell for more in the near future, either way does it matter, i just dont get all the fuss?!?

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Kings Go Forth sounds absolutely brilliant when played in the right context ..... with similar sounds like ... Duffy , Amy Winehouse, Jo Boxers , Maisonettes, Frank Popp, The Bureau, The Untouchables, Joss Stone, Q Tips ... oh and I almost forgot Culture Club's "Church of the Poison Mind" ...

...If somebody had tried an Ian Levine type scam, i.e. trying to pass it off as an unknown / 60's / 70's / whatever / release certain DJ's would be paying £800 + for it by now! biggrin.gif

...you know its true!

Ste.

Social source share

Guest fryer

I will have 10 copies at Soul Spectrum in Edinburgh this Saturday, the 26th, James Trouble is DJing with me and says hes bring 5 or 10 copies too so if you want one come down. You might even enjoy the music smile.gif

fryer

Social source share

** Its just a good record, people buy it because they like it or maybe they buy it because it WILL sell for more in the near future, either way does it matter, i just dont get all the fuss?!?

Ste.

The other side of the argument (and I thougt Catriona's question were not only very pertinent, they were probably rhetorical as I think we all know the answers) is this is further proof of the sheep mentality and just how easy it is to hype the NS today!! An interesting sociological experiment or a fast cash in, personally I have no problems with either, but at least lets be honest about the funny side of it too.

Oh and before you also assume, I did buy it, like I buy most new soul related releases, I think its okay, it doesn't excite me personally enought to dance to it, but may shake a leg to if slightly merry in right environment, not an all nighter for me though!!

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

The other side of the argument (and I thougt Catriona's question were not only very pertinent, they were probably rhetorical as I think we all know the answers) is this is further proof of the sheep mentality and just how easy it is to hype the NS today!! An interesting sociological experiment or a fast cash in, personally I have no problems with either, but at least lets be honest about the funny side of it too.

Oh and before you also assume, I did buy it, like I buy most new soul related releases, I think its okay, it doesn't excite me personally enought to dance to it, but may shake a leg to if slightly merry in right environment, not an all nighter for me though!!

I agree that a certain amount of people have bought this on the back of the hype for whatever reason, for me personally i would have bought it anyway as i think - like many others - its a really good record. Obviously a lot of people on the scene wont give it a chance (despite probably loving it behind closed doors..!) as it wasnt recorded in the 60's / 70's etc etc etc and thats fine, each to their own my only point is i dont understand people getting all hot and bothered about it - buy it or dont,simple! biggrin.gif

Ste.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert