Overseas Weekender Recomendations

After 4 years of attending the Rimini weekender we feel we need a change and would like to try a new venue, our ultimate venue would be a Soul Essence (Gt Yarmouth) music policy transported to a lovely sunny venue.

Which of the myriad overseas weekenders is nearest to my description?

Many Thanks

Blake

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stash313

I would recommend the Uptight weekender in Frankfurt to anyone and everyone...

A friendly across the board weekender in an amazing City.

The next one is due in May which will incidently be the tenth anniversary.

I DJyed there last year and it still rates as one of the best weekends of my life, Friday night consists of a 60's night in a Beer Keller, Saturday Northern & Modern all-nighter, and Sunday has the Sundae Soul nights with class 70's/80's X-over Soul.

Residents include Terry Jones / Arthur Fenn...

Well worth the trip.

Social source share

Hi Blake,

Be best to avoid the Hitsville Weekender Mate. We have a fantastic time but there's very little 'moddun' played. 70s - yep, and some crackers, but the music is predominantly 60s. Although we're planning an afternoon of midtempo magic at the BBQ on Sunday. Hope you find a great gig that gives you what you want. Many of European Events are certainly 'maturing' into 'must gos'.

Edited by Dave Moore
Social source share

Just got off the phone with Thierry, Ken and he thinks this year at Brussels will be the best so far and a lot busier than the last two.

Blake if you check the 'Whats Going On" section on EMS you'll find all the details (bit short notice as its next week !! )

Not too sure 'bout the "accross the board" description of the Frankfurt W/end (theres a northern room and a modern one) but I have been to a couple and can highly reccomend it. Lovely riverside venue with some nice "chill out" balconys and very professionaly run.

Was gonna say theres a few photo"s in our "albums" of a Frankfurt a few years ago but I look such a mess on them I don't think I will........oops :thumbup:

Heard many good things about Bamberg and would love to be there for the next one

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Just got off the phone with Thierry, Ken and he thinks this year at Brussels will be the best so far and a lot busier than the last two.

Blake if you check the 'Whats Going On" section on EMS you'll find all the details (bit short notice as its next week !! )

Not too sure 'bout the "accross the board" description of the Frankfurt W/end (theres a northern room and a modern one) but I have been to a couple and can highly reccomend it. Lovely riverside venue with some nice "chill out" balconys and very professionaly run.

Was gonna say theres a few photo"s in our "albums" of a Frankfurt a few years ago but I look such a mess on them I don't think I will........oops :thumbup:

Heard many good things about Bamberg and would love to be there for the next one

Cheers Paul

Would be,i've told everyone i can't go............ :yes: Have a good'n and say hello to Thierry,and Mandy aswell.Ken

Social source share

I'd recommend the Sounds Of Unity & Love Weekender held every year in Luanco/Gij³n Northern Spain.

This year it was held in May, last year in early March.

Arthur Fenn, Steve Guarnori, Soul Sam & Ian Wright have all jocked there in recent years.

Beautiful scenery, huge town beach, fine old quarter, great food & cider, nice friendly peeps with a amazingly wide spectrum of Soul music over two days. Check it out!!

Social source share

After 4 years of attending the Rimini weekender we feel we need a change and would like to try a new venue, our ultimate venue would be a Soul Essence (Gt Yarmouth) music policy transported to a lovely sunny venue.

Which of the myriad overseas weekenders is nearest to my description?

Many Thanks

Blake

Hi Blake

Malayka & Susanne run The SoulShakers Weekender in Bamberg Germany, see last years comments on here.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Bamberg...&hl=bamberg

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Would be,i've told everyone i can't go............
:lol:
Have a good'n and say hello to Thierry,and Mandy aswell.Ken

Should've said can't make this year either Ken, going to Pips 50th in your favourite Lancashire town

Think that cheap train tickets still going beggin

Cheers Paul

PS Hi back from Mand
:wave:

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Hello Mate!

I recomended our It´s gonna be a big thing allnighter of 11th october with Arthur Fenn, Maria O, Iu Adell + VNSC Dj´s

The previous day we organized a welcome party with the live act of Al Supersonic & The Teenagers + Ady Lupton, Jose Lledo + VNSC Dj´s.

All info of the allnighter in:

WWW.FOTOLOG.COM/VNSCLUB_ENGLISH

Social source share

Here comes the Masterplan:

soulweekender.jpg

The Swiss Soul Weekender runs from the 16th to the 18th of January 2009

Lucerne, Switzerland

DJ´s:

Dave Thorley (UK)

Malayka (CH/UK)

Liam Quinn (UK)

Sebastian Gerstung (DE)

J¶rg Recordshack (Au)

Albert Petit (Es)

Barbara Grassi (It)

Thomas Schlatter (CH)

Raffu Young (CH)

Hank Boogaloo (CH)

Wooden Dancefloor on Saturday

Soulbrunch & 45 sales boxes, clothes & books on sunday

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Baltic Soul weekender ain't bad either, loads of live acts, accomodation 1st class, friendly atmosphere, nice venues, highly recommended :rolleyes:

Social source share

If you want a trip farther afield & fancy a bit of a holiday as well why not come to Australia for the 12th National Australian Weekender in November...here's the link to the Perth National website

https://www.perthnorthernsoul.com/guestbook.html

KTF

Baz

I went to the last one here, had a fantastic time!

Really friendly crowd of people, great tunes and well worth the long journey :lol:

Social source share

Guest Aitor

Hola Blake,

As steve said maybe you'll enjoy our little party here in north Spain.

Soul 4 real Weekender usually runs in February in Bilbao.

I'm afraid that in those days you won't find too much sun here :lol: but maybe the music and ambient deserves the trip.

www.myspace.com/soul4r

We still don't have the 2009 dates, but if you are interested don't hesitate in contacting us.

Regards

Aitor

Social source share

I went to the last one here, had a fantastic time!

Really friendly crowd of people, great tunes and well worth the long journey :lol:

There is so much going on overseas Blake and we take advantage of that to get around some great places, see culture :P and have the soul there too.. Gonna be taking many more weekends in Europe too from now on..

Can i also add Swden to this mix... Soulastatic.. quality rare soul 60s to modern.. fantastic crowd..

There is my plug Punky :P

Soulastatic Soul Club since 1998

August 16th Summer nighter @ Jazzhuset Gothenburg.

Andy Whitmore UK, Steve Cato UK, Karl Marthon Swe/Us

Soulof, Punky, Max + more. 2 rooms, Northern & Modern.

www.myspace.com/soulastatic

Maybe a european whats on section???? or is there one already Mike, would make it easy to plan trips overseas then.. I would moderate the section if that helps... i know you have enough on your plate..

Social source share

Guest Carrie Mehome

Agreed a European what's on section would be brilliant for those of us that are helpless in sorting out our entertainment abroad.

Social source share

Hola Blake,

As steve said maybe you'll enjoy our little party here in north Spain.

Soul 4 real Weekender usually runs in February in Bilbao.

I'm afraid that in those days you won't find too much sun here biggrin.gif but maybe the music and ambient deserves the trip.

www.myspace.com/soul4r

We still don't have the 2009 dates, but if you are interested don't hesitate in contacting us.

Regards

Aitor

Would'nt mind a trip to Bilbao next year, I read that Clickair.com fly direct from Gatwick.

Social source share

Guest Aitor

Would'nt mind a trip to Bilbao next year, I read that Clickair.com fly direct from Gatwick.

Yes, and also Easyjet from Stansted.

As soon as we sort all the details I'll put all the info here.

Best

Aitor

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert