Important :07 July Personal Messages On Site

Please note that very shortly we be adopting a

"all pms in inbox over 100 days old will be auto deleted"

policy

reason being is that the amount of past pms (several years worth) is having a effect on resources etc

if wish to keep a permanent storage of any pms - then do the following (its fairly easy)

1. click this link and make a new pm folder/ directories.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...Msg&CODE=07

2. then move any pms you wish to keep into this folder

any pms in this folder will not be auto deleted

the auto deleting will start om july 7th

any q's on this or ought to do with pms , feel free to shout

Edited by mike-
added date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mrs norman maine

if wish to keep a permanent storage of any pms - then do the following (its fairly easy)

1. click this link and make a new pm folder/ directories.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...Msg&CODE=07

2. then move any pms you wish to keep into this folder

any pms in this folder will not be auto deleted

any q's on this or ought to do with pms , feel free to shout

Am shouting! Hi Mike, Mrs. Stupid here. Can you do a step-by-step talkthrough of how to do make a new folder? I just clicked on the link, then hadn't got a clue what to do next.

Am shouting! Hi Mike, Mrs. Stupid here. Can you do a step-by-step talkthrough of how to do make a new folder? I just clicked on the link, then hadn't got a clue what to do next.

when you click on the link there should be two boxes under current virtual directories, inbox and sent items.

Under these there is a heading add new virtual directories and some blank boxes. In one of the boxes type the name of your new PM folder that you want to move your saved PM's to and then click on submit changes....bob's your uncle, a new folder for any PM's you don't wish to lose will appear.

Edited by chalky
Guest mrs norman maine

when you click on the link there should be two boxes under current virtual directories, inbox and sent items.

Under these there is a heading add new virtual directories and some blank boxes. In one of the boxes type the name of your new PM folder that you want to move your saved PM's to and then click on submit changes....bob's your uncle, a new folder for any PM's you don't wish to lose will appear.

Many thanks Chalky! :wicked:

• 2 weeks later...

jsut a quick how to move once have new folder

1 .on the message list page

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...Msg&CODE=01

simply tick each message ( or if tick box at top it selects all on page) you wish to move

2 goto the bottom of page - in centre there's a drop down menu - choose the folder

3. click the "move to" box - all messages ticked should then be moved to your folder

it is a bit of a pain, but is needed due to the amount

any any probs just shout

ok the pms have been cropped

something like 120,000 were deleted, so say was worth doing

as with all this sort of thing there's a chance that may have a knock on effect

hopefully not but if any probs with pms let us know

ok the pms have been cropped

something like 120,000 were deleted, so say was worth doing

as with all this sort of thing there's a chance that may have a knock on effect

hopefully not but if any probs with pms let us know

Lost all of my PMs except for a few in the last week - most of which were less than 100 days old....

can those who had some missing let us know if returned ?

ta

mike

Only had July ones the last couple of days, but thankfully the last 100 days are now back (coz I had an important recent one I didn't save and wanted to look up).

Thanks Mike :thumbsup:

Now I `ve got all back since April...never mind about the others though Mike if it`s too much hazzle :lol:

thats how it should be Marc

the cropping thing that banged on about ofr lst couple of weeks was

all pms over 100 days (used 1st april ) would be cropped unless moved into a members custom pm folder

hopefully thats been done 100% correct (cant reallly check)

aware that there's a chance that some may have missed it/not read etc

if there is anyone who has been caught out by this drop us a pm and will try and assist

needs to be in next 7 days though!

Only had July ones the last couple of days, but thankfully the last 100 days are now back (coz I had an important recent one I didn't save and wanted to look up).

Thanks Mike thumbsup.gif

apoligies for the mess around, a tool that was supposed to do it it automatically didnt, so had to do it all off the cuff instead

Ditto to all the above, but I'd still like to know why when I click reply box on a thread the quote always appears ?

Cheers Paul

its just the way that its written, know can be a pain, (i use a right click, select all, delete to get rid)

and when time allows may have a look at "improving" , but wont be a for a bit

can you give us a nudge in a couple of weeks

thanks all for feedback, always helpful in stuff like this

hopefully, as was a major clearout it wont have to be done again for a fair while

thanks

mike

happened to me Rich after last site rebuild,

Mike told me it was cookies causing the problem and to hit CTRL 5 at same time a good few times and this would change it,

apparently the cookies are holding an old memore or summat like that which causes loss of new screen.

it did take a few days and hits but it got sorted,

Tried both the F5 and Ctrl and changing to standard editor but neither has worked - boooo!! As I'm on works pc I can't change the browser we all use i.e IE6 - bugger!

Rich

Rich and others

it apparently is only affecting early versions of ie6

could try updating it or get your it to upgrade it

one thing need to be aware of is lot of these updates to browsers are for security reasons ie close security holes and and so if your work is using out of date versions, then could say they need to wise up

if need to know which version of browser hit the about key in toolbar

the forum firm is using as a copout "they should upgrade" and so its a case of when time allows will try and come up with a work around

Source Advert