Need Everyones Help On Here, Particularly Italy

Hi Guys

It looks like I may have been taken by a member on here for £4000 for several records, and I might not be the only one. His name is Diego Padovese, from Rome. Does anyone know this guy (any of you guys in Italy), does anyone have a phone number for him. If he is a straight up guy he would have resolved his issue with Paypal with my transaction and the others out standing. See current 'Paypal Sucks' tread. If anyone does know him, but doesn't want to hand out his phone number then get him to phone me 07971 141858 (00 44 7971 141858). I'm about a few hours away from getting on a plane very angry.

Peace

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• Replies 127
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys

It looks like I may have been taken by a member on here for £4000 for several records, and I might not be the only one. His name is Diego Padovese, from Rome. Does anyone know this guy (any of you guys in Italy), does anyone have a phone number for him. If he is a straight up guy he would have resolved his issue with Paypal with my transaction and the others out standing. See current 'Paypal Sucks' tread. If anyone does know him, but doesn't want to hand out his phone number then get him to phone me 07971 141858 (00 44 7971 141858). I'm about a few hours away from getting on a plane very angry.

Peace

Dave

Hi Dave ....

Either Roccia or Barbara Grassi may be of help ; If you do not have their e-mail addresses , ring me on o7748 378275 and I will give them to you .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Hi Guys

Peace

Dave

Hope you get this sorted asap I know how you are feeling, im having some problems with a crook on ebay who is refusing to refund nearly £150 (I know its not as much as £4k, but still fooking annoying) If I lived nearer to him, I would have have had it sorted by now :thumbsup: my patience is wearing very thin

all the best

Paul

Social source share

Dave, give me his details full name, location etc. and i will name and shame on the show mate no problem, this is just too much, when is all this gonna stop? and when are Ebay/Paypal gonna do something about this type of stuff, they claim to have security measures set in place yet situations like this seem to continue.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I did the same, but now they are trying to charge it back through my credit card.

Surely thats illegal isn't it? I've not read the small print for some time but can they really take money from you in this way? Surely they can't take money from your card without your approval? Ebay and paypal one big joke lately doing nothing to protect the innocent with everything in favour of thre fraudsters.

Hope you get this sorted Dave, and if necessary him as well.

Social source share

Dave, give me his details full name, location etc. and i will name and shame on the show mate no problem, this is just too much, when is all this gonna stop? and when are Ebay/Paypal gonna do something about this type of stuff, they claim to have security measures set in place yet situations like this seem to continue.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark .....

Good on you for N&S this guy .

I have had difficulties in recent months with both eBay and Paypal ; the standards that they once had do not seem to be paramount to their practices at present .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Hi All

Have just had an email from him, which is good. He says he is trying to sort things out. So we will see, will keep everyone informed. Shame he didn't contact me earlier, so we didn't need to do all this

Dave

Hi Dave ...

It seemed funny that you got an e-mail from this guy following the various posts on here ; is he a member ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

ive heard he is an ok guy and i havent had any problems yet with my sale to him on the 8th january

im going to give him the benefit and hope that daves and all others problems get sorted out.

if he loves the music im sure he is ok.....keep us all posted

Social source share

ive heard he is an ok guy and i havent had any problems yet with my sale to him on the 8th january

im going to give him the benefit and hope that daves and all others problems get sorted out.

if he loves the music im sure he is ok.....keep us all posted

I sold DIEGO a SAMMY ACUNA 45 for $368 on January 3rd, and yesterday Paypal yanked that money out of my account after one month, and this is after DIEGO left me positive feedback on Ebay saying he loved the 45!!! Here is the private message that I recieved from DIEGO this morning. Although he hasn't contacted PAYPAL or EBAY yet.

Hello Joey ,

just reading your message : I don't know what 's happening. I have received your records and I'm absolutely satisfied with it. I've ABSOLUTELY not asked for any kind of refund to Paypal, in fact I was in french guyana for work and I've came back home today.Paypal is doing everytihng by their side, and have not contacted me.

I thikn thi is the story : I sold some things on ebay, got payed and I used the money to buy some records including yours . I spent more than what I had on my account and now I 've a negative balance..They frozen my account, and asked me for some infos on me..are they now cancelling all my transactions to have back money on my account?? Can they do that??

I don't know what to do, it's the first time it does happen to me. Today is sunday and I can't contact them, I'll try to sort this situation my tomorrow-

Be sure you won't have any damage from this story, I'll pay you again or I'll send you back the records I bought. Don't worry, I'm a serious man, and I never made any thing bad...

Diego -

:huh: I hope he takes care of this

Edited by JOEY D
Social source share

I sold DIEGO a SAMMY ACUNA 45 for $368 on January 3rd, and yesterday Paypal yanked that money out of my account after one month, and this is after DIEGO left me positive feedback on Ebay saying he loved the 45!!! Here is the private message that I recieved from DIEGO this morning. Although he hasn't contacted PAYPAL or EBAY yet.

Hello Joey ,

just reading your message : I don't know what 's happening. I have received your records and I'm absolutely satisfied with it. I've ABSOLUTELY not asked for any kind of refund to Paypal, in fact I was in french guyana for work and I've came back home today.Paypal is doing everytihng by their side, and have not contacted me.

I thikn thi is the story : I sold some things on ebay, got payed and I used the money to buy some records including yours . I spent more than what I had on my account and now I 've a negative balance..They frozen my account, and asked me for some infos on me..are they now cancelling all my transactions to have back money on my account?? Can they do that??

I don't know what to do, it's the first time it does happen to me. Today is sunday and I can't contact them, I'll try to sort this situation my tomorrow-

Be sure you won't have any damage from this story, I'll pay you again or I'll send you back the records I bought. Don't worry, I'm a serious man, and I never made any thing bad...

Diego -

:unsure: I hope he takes care of this

I've met Diego, and he is a very very good friend of one of my best friends. I know for certain that he HAS been working in French Guyana and if he says he will sort it out I'm sure he will. I realise its a lot of money, but give him a chance. If he doesn't then fair enough, but to talk about naming him on the radio before giving him a chance to sort it, its a joke imo.

Hope Dave and anybody else gets sorted asap.

As for the boxing smiley, might not be the best idea to go down that road. whistling.gif

Social source share

I've met Diego, and he is a very very good friend of one of my best friends. I know for certain that he HAS been working in French Guyana and if he says he will sort it out I'm sure he will. I realise its a lot of money, but give him a chance. If he doesn't then fair enough, but to talk about naming him on the radio before giving him a chance to sort it, its a joke imo.

As for the boxing smiley, might not be the best idea to go down that road. whistling.gif

No one is naming anyone on the radio, where did you get that? The boxing smiley face is supposed to be funny, see he's smiling :unsure:

Edited by JOEY D
Social source share

No one is naming anyone on the radio, where did you get that? The boxing smiley face is supposed to be funny, see he's smiling :unsure:

Here Joey,

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Apologies about the smiley, misunderstood thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Here Joey,

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Apologies about the smiley, misunderstood thumbsup.gif

I thought you meant that I said that I would mention it on the radio.

Social source share

All,

I've had a reply from Diego this morning and he has explained the situation and has said that he is going to return my records and refund any postage costs. Apparently he had a reversal on his Paypal account and Paypal started reversing his other transactions to bring him back into credit.

I will keep the board posted on the outcome.

Paul Capon

Social source share

All,

I've had a reply from Diego this morning and he has explained the situation and has said that he is going to return my records and refund any postage costs. Apparently he had a reversal on his Paypal account and Paypal started reversing his other transactions to bring him back into credit.

I will keep the board posted on the outcome.

Paul Capon

I recieved a private message through this forum from DIEGO, I told him that he needs to respond to me through Ebay and Paypal so there is a record of our conversations and so far he refuses to do so. His account is going to be frozen with ebay and it's already frozen with Paypal. They will remain frozen unless he responds to their claims. He must also pay for all my ebay & paypal fees and send the 45 back to me with a tracking number and signiture confirmation or paypal will keep his account frozen. So it's very important that we try to get this through his head. If he sends these 45's back without going through the proper channels his accounts will remain locked. Because he refuses to respond to me through either, Ebay, Paypal or emails (so there is a record of our correspondence) I won't feel confortable with this and will continue to post his private messages to me on this board. I will continue to put the pressure on as long as he has something to hide... Here is his private message to me through SOUL SOURCE.

Hello mate,

I'm really sorry for what's happening - I can only say I was not intended to let things go this way and that everything is being done by Paypal. That's how the story goes :

1)About a month and a half ago I sold some items on ebay, and got paid to my paypal account.

2) I thought that everything was OK and bought some records (including yours) spending nearly all the money on my account.

3) I receive your records ,and I'm completely satisfied with..

4) A couple weeks ago I receive a chargeback from a buyer for one of the items I sold on ebay. Paypal needs to block the money of that transaction, but I no longer have that money on my account. So i finish having a negative balance.

5) In order to cover that neg balance Paypal starts reversing MY transactions (including the one I had sent the money to you)...I was not informed that they could act this way, I would not allowed them do it if I knew...I would have replaced money on my account with my funds -

6)In this situatione I'm sorry but I can't afford to buy your records,it's very embarassing for me, but I was counting only on the money I earned with the sale .

I'm ready to send the goods back to you, I can assure you they are exactly in the same conditions you sent them to me,I played them just once and then were very well looked after...I will also refund you for any postal expense you had in sending to me.

I do understand that I'm causing you a problem,and I'm really sorry for any inconvenience that can affect you and your business, but this thing is totally out of my control,Paypal did everything by their side-

I hope you will understand my position, regards

Diego -

He says Paypal did everything, NO...By him not having enough money in his account they reversed his transactions, that is Diego's fault, not Paypal, they are just trying to protect themselves. But don't get me wrong....they are still evil!!! Diego, if you read this, you need to respond to Ebay & especially Paypal's claims. If not, I'm not going away!!!

Social source share

Diego wanted some very expensive 45s from me in the last couple of weeks, so I informed him he can only pay me with a direct bank transfer, NO paypal (Jason aka Funkyou! warned me to..). He protested at first, then said it would be ok.

Havent heard from him since.

Paypals fault or not, this behaviour is immature, overspending is NO excuse for putting honest dealers on tilt! :angry:

Settle up, Diego. The world is small. :thumbsup:

Social source share

BEWARE!!

We no longer accept PAY PAL

Why?

Because Pay Pal seem to think they can take your payments back .. at will!

With lame excuses..

This company are a total law unto themselves.. Time for a campaign of YOU CAN'T TRUST PAY PAL!!

Anyone else had a problem??

Social source share

In fairness to Diego, I doubt he expected the chargeback from his sale leaving him with negative equity :lol:

If he has nothing to hide, why doesn't he try to rectify this matter through Ebay and Paypal, he keeps sending me private messages through SOUL SOURCE. He's not telling us something :ohmy:

Social source share

BEWARE!!

Why?

With lame excuses..

This company are a total law unto themselves.. Time for a campaign of YOU CAN'T TRUST PAY PAL!!

I agree with John. But it's not that easy. You have the greatest soul 45's on the planet for sale and most people will do whatever it takes to buy them from you. Us little guys on Ebay need Paypal to complete our transactions. Our balls are in the Paypal vice and they refuse to let go. I just found out that only parts of the UK. and parts of Canada can have confirmed addresses with Paypal. So Paypal will never protect the seller for records sent to any other country. All these years I've been spending extra money out of my pocket to send rare 45's with tracking info, only to find that those tracking numbers meant nothing :angry:

Social source share

If he has nothing to hide, why doesn't he try to rectify this matter through Ebay and Paypal, he keeps sending me private messages through SOUL SOURCE. He's not telling us something :ohmy:

He's sending your records back according to his PM to you, plus compensation for the postage you paid :lol: I'm not defending him although I've met him numerous times and he seems very genuine :lol:

Social source share

BEWARE!!

Why?

With lame excuses..

Hi Agree with John

I'm pissed off all round.

1. Diego, might be a nice guy, but he has clearly gone on a spending spree he can't fund. This now involves at least five dealers to the estimated tune of £10,000.
  2. If Diego doesn't speak to Paypal and sort this out himself, then everyone elses Paypal account continues to be frozen, so just sending back the records isn't good enough.
  3. How can Paypal allow this number of transactions and payments to go through, unsecured.
  4. Paypal put the funs into my account as cleared funds, so how can they now try to claim the money back from me.
  5. As this was cleared funds that Paypal allowed me to move to my Bank I then spent it!!!!!!!!
  6. They should be chasing Diego, as the purchaser and the person how commited the funds
  7. I agree with John it's about time people collectively started making a fuss about the shitty way Paypal does business
  8. Maybe we could start something through this site, use real people power to make Paypal clean up it's business
Social source share

Hi Agree with John

I'm pissed off all round.

1. Diego, might be a nice guy, but he has clearly gone on a spending spree he can't fund. This now involves at least five dealers to the estimated tune of £10,000.
  2. If Diego doesn't speak to Paypal and sort this out himself, then everyone elses Paypal account continues to be frozen, so just sending back the records isn't good enough.
  3. How can Paypal allow this number of transactions and payments to go through, unsecured.
  4. Paypal put the funs into my account as cleared funds, so how can they now try to claim the money back from me.
  5. As this was cleared funds that Paypal allowed me to move to my Bank I then spent it!!!!!!!!
  6. They should be chasing Diego, as the purchaser and the person how commited the funds
  7. I agree with John it's about time people collectively started making a fuss about the shitty way Paypal does business
  8. Maybe we could start something through this site, use real people power to make Paypal clean up it's business

There's already an anti-paypal website Dave, someone's bound to know the address, it makes shocking reading

Social source share

He's sending your records back according to his PM to you, plus compensation for the postage you paid :ohmy: I'm not defending him although I've met him numerous times and he seems very genuine :lol:

One more time....He needs to correspond with me through the proper channels, EBAY, PAYPAL & or emails. You can defend him all you want. But until he plays by the rules, I'll remain leary!!! DIEGO...Shit or get off the pot!!!

Edited by JOEY D
Social source share

One more time....He needs to correspond with me through the proper channels, EBAY, PAYPAL & or emails. You can defend him all you want. But until he plays by the rules, I'll remain leary!!!

I agree with you wholeheartedly...

Diego, might be a nice guy, but he has clearly gone on a spending spree he can't fund. This now involves at least five dealers to the estimated tune of £10,000.

Ok, that's A LOT of money! Hope you all get your records back :ohmy:

Social source share

He's sending your records back according to his PM to you, plus compensation for the postage you paid :ohmy: I'm not defending him although I've met him numerous times and he seems very genuine :lol:

We are not talking about a few records here, but £10,000 worth. He might be a nice guy, but he clearly cannot administer his affairs. Everyone one knows when spending roughly how much you are spending and what funds you have to pay it or not. He says he had a problem with a few records through paypal that coursed the problem in the first place. Then fine, put more money into the account, but he clearly had over spent and now can't pay. The total he has commited to is not just a few records, but I must say again over £10,000, over a number of weeks. This was systematic over spending. The £4,000 he spent with me, is now spent, as it was cleared funds. If they chase me for the money, yes I may get the records back, but when and can I sell them again, to cover the amount.

So nice guy to have a drink with maybe, but in law in the UK, spending money knowing you don't have the funds to pay is considered theft. It's like buying petrol and then not being able to pay, IT IS AN OFFENSE.

Not Happy

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

We are not talking about a few records here, but £10,000 worth. He might be a nice guy, but he clearly cannot administer his affairs. Everyone one knows when spending roughly how much you are spending and what funds you have to pay it or not. He says he had a problem with a few records through paypal that coursed the problem in the first place. Then fine, put more money into the account, but he clearly had over spent and now can't pay. The total he has commited to is not just a few records, but I must say again over £10,000 over a number of weeks. This was systematic over spending. The £4,000 he spent with me, is now spent, as it was cleared funds. If they chase me for the money, yes I may get the records back, but when and can I sell them again, to cover the amount.

So nice guy to have a drink with maybe, but in law in the UK spending money knowingt you don't have the funds to pay is concidered theft. It's like buying petrol and then not being able to pay, IT IS AN OFFENSE.

Not Happy

Has Diego tried to rectify this with your Paypal or Ebay account yet? He hasn't with mine.

Can you belive that he sent me a message thrugh Ebay's messaging system, and told me to read his private email to me through the SOUL SOURCE board!!!! He doesn't want Ebay or Paypal to know anything, which in turn continues to mess him and us up!!! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE DIEGO :ohmy:

Social source share

My point is, if you can't trust Pay Pal payments, why the hell is anyone accepting them.

If I take a credit card payment, I varify the address, post code, with the card # + expiry date and 3 digit security code against the post code of the buyer. Then it clears, no credit card company will try and recoup the money from the retailer, if the guy fails to pauy his credit card bill.

Are you telling me, Pay Pal DON'T do this?? So anyone can use a card fraudulently on Pay Pal. Then Pay Pal have the front, to say sorry the "card is fraudulent" we want our many back. Sorry surely that's your bloody fault for not taking the same steps a miniscule company like ours does.

By the way it took over 30 days for them to take the money off me.. and yes we mail all orders on cleared funds the same day.

We are actually paying for Pay Pal's negligence.

I'm taking it to Watchdog, I'm putting it in big and BOLD on the front page of my website WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAY PAL because the payments are NOT GUARENTEED. I do dislike, in fact hate, unscrupulous companies.

I find it unbelievable. And my personal suspicion is that Diego hasn't used a fraudulent card at all. But has got himself into financial trouble and can't pay the card bill, so Pay Pal consider it fair to withdrawn the money taken by retailers in good faith.

You are totally outa order PAY PAL. Cause if you think you can claw money off companies when the credit card user can't pay, then it's your reputation that is not credible.

Where's that anti pay pal site?? Watch dog here I come.. I hope more will follow..

Beware Pay Pal may move into the fitted Kitchen or double glazing business or heaven forbid Pay Pal estate agents!

Edited by john manship
Social source share

And my personal suspicion is that Diego hasn't used a fraudulent card at all. But has got himself into financial trouble and can't pay the card bill, so Pay Pal consider it fair to withdrawn the money taken by retailers in good faith.

That's my same thought. Maybe Paypal tried to get in touch with Diego, to let him know he's got no funds to pay the records, but he's in Kourou at the moment (he works for the European Aerospatial Agency, they have the missiles launching base over there), and he can't solve the problem at the moment...

Paypal should claim the money from him, ad not takes the money back from the sellers...

If I overbuy with my credit card, my bank calls me asking to put funds in my account (it's happened... :ohmy: ), but they can't get the money back from shops or wherever else I spent my money...

Social source share

That's my same thought. Maybe Paypal tried to get in touch with Diego, to let him know he's got no funds to pay the records, but he's in Kourou at the moment (he works for the European Aerospatial Agency, they have the missiles launching base over there), and he can't solve the problem at the moment...

Paypal should claim the money from him, ad not takes the money back from the sellers...

If I overbuy with my credit card, my bank calls me asking to put funds in my account (it's happened... :ohmy: ), but they can't get the money back from shops or wherever else I spent my money...

Sure they should, but Diego should contact us sellers through Ebay & Paypal's messaging system instead of sending private messages through Soul Source so there is a record of our correspondence with both companys. Also, why does Diego want to send back all the 45's instead of sending the money. If you buy stuff and don't have the money to pay for them, IT IS THEFT or FRAUD....OR BOTH!!! DIEGO...WE ARE STILL WAITING!!! So is Paypal & Ebay!!!

Social source share

If this guy is working why can't he get a bank loan to cover his debts? The banks are clambering over themselves to lend money. Obviously an irresponsible buyer who'se eyes are bigger than their wallet. He won't be the first and won't be the last. I wonder whether he has bought things that on reflection he doesn't like?

As for Paypal and transferring THEIR credit risk onto sellers who accept THEIR service for payment. Can anyone explain what do they charge sellers THEIR fees for then? :rolleyes:

Social source share

Well, as far as i see he did had the money to buy those records.

According to his messages he's having the same problems as you guys are having now. He sold something to a couple of people, used that money to buy those records and then had a chargeback of one of his buyers. Because of his now negative balance paypal is reversing some of his payments including the ones for those records.

Basically this could happen to anyone.

Social source share

Well, as far as i see he did had the money to buy those records.

According to his messages he's having the same problems as you guys are having now. He sold something to a couple of people, used that money to buy those records and then had a chargeback of one of his buyers. Because of his now negative balance paypal is reversing some of his payments including the ones for those records.

Basically this could happen to anyone.

It would never happen to me....I DON'T ROB PETER TO PAY PAUL :rolleyes:

Social source share

As for the boxing smiley, might not be the best idea to go down that road. :rolleyes:

Steve, i was simply showing Dave some support here in all the panic, i would not do or say anything on the show without the OK from Dave, i was in no way offering to name and shame someone without good cause, seems like there may be some resolution here and again i was only showing Dave some support and perhaps the possible offer to warn others if there was something underhand going off, seems that this is not the case here.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Steve, i was simply showing Dave some support here in all the panic, i would not do or say anything on the show without the OK from Dave, i was in no way offering to name and shame someone without good cause, seems like there may be some resolution here and again i was only showing Dave some support and perhaps the possible offer to warn others if there was something underhand going off, seems that this is not the case here.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

DIEGO finally contacted Ebay concerning this matter. Trouble is, it's out of Ebay's hands at this point, he must log onto Paypal and explain everything in their RESOLUTION CENTER. If this gets done Paypal might actually cover my loss!!! Diego...GO...GO...GO :rolleyes:

Social source share

Would someone on here please tell this Diego guy to log onto Paypal and go to the RESOLUTION CENTER and take care of this mess. He sent me a message through Ebay and says he doesn't have U.S. funds to refund my postage, Ebay & Paypal fees to put inside the box when he might send back the $368 SAMMY ACUNA 45. He's talking about sending me U.S. stamps in lieu of cash??? WHAT!!! This is getting really UGLY. DIEGO...Send me $368 in a money order right away. Or I will have you kicked off EBAY FOREVER boxing.gif And I will contact every club you have ever DJ'ed at and tell them that you are DJ'ing with stolen records. It's a small world brother. All those clubs are just a email away. :angry:

Edited by JOEY D
Social source share

Would someone on here please tell this Diego guy to log onto Paypal and go to the RESOLUTION CENTER and take care of this mess. He sent me a message through Ebay and says he doesn't have U.S. funds to refund my postage, Ebay & Paypal fees to put inside the box when he might send back the $368 SAMMY ACUNA 45. He's talking about sending me U.S. stamps in lieu of cash??? WHAT!!! This is getting really UGLY. DIEGO...Send me $368 in a money order right away. Or I will have you kicked off EBAY FOREVER boxing.gif And I will contact every club you have ever DJ'ed at and tell them that you are DJ'ing with stolen records. It's a small world brother. All those clubs are just a email away. :angry:

I've txt him. Hope this thing will be sorted out, because I know Diego isn't the kind of person he could look reading here... He makes a mistake, but give him the chance to repair, please...

Roccia

Social source share

I've txt him. Hope this thing will be sorted out, because I know Diego isn't the kind of person he could look reading here... He makes a mistake, but give him the chance to repair, please...

Roccia

Buying over $15,000.00 worth of rare records from various sellers and not covering the funds he shorted Paypal, isn't a mistake, it's fraud. I don't want the 45 back, I want a money order sent to my house. wicked.gif Why doesn't DIEGO respond to all these allegations on this forum?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert