• Replies 29
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Note 1: Try Quinvy on here as he had his copy for sale recently

Note 2: Quite a serious rare 45, his was one of only three on ebay (as two were the same copy..)

Note 3: The WD is rarer

Note 4: When looking elsewhere helpful to look out for the Sold Brothers Six as this is what they are called on the label except for the White Demo where the name is spelt correct

Note 5: Thats why my WD ain`t for sale LOL

Marc "Oh I Need You, Yes I Need You" Forrest

Social source share

Butch had a white demo at £400 a few months back...might still have it as not that well known (yet)?

Sold a spare for 250 UKP ... but that was to a good friend. So I think 400 UKP for the rarer WD still is fair. Will go up I am sure. It`s been a steady tool in my tool box since over a year now and always gets a top reaction from the floor...plus it has an ace deep flipside :lol:

also look on popsike...someone got on for £37 not too long ago!!!

Thats why I said look out for "Sold Brothers Six" rather then (only) for Soul Brothers Six.... ph34r.gif oops, did I let the cat out :lol: ?

Marc

Social source share

My copy is long gone Marc......I personally got tired of it very quickly, but it does sound better played out on a big system. Had a few plays at Burnley over the last couple of years.

Soul Brothers Six - Lyndell

My thoughts exactly Phil, so last year at Burnley :lol: , Big Bad Danny pirate.gif persuaded me to part with mine (ex cond) for £50 as it "books" at £85.

Overplayed sh*te. :lol:

Social source share

So is the famous SBS with John Ellison? Any chance of a soundclip, thought I had most of their stuff but never heard this, or even heard of it. Can someone post a soundclip.

Is it one of their early discs?

yes Jocko, the fantastic John Ellison on lead! And I am sure you heard me playing it in Bamberg in May...if you were not in the Modern Room that moment that is. In case you were, Phil already posted the clip earlier on :lol:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

So is the famous SBS with John Ellison? Any chance of a soundclip, thought I had most of their stuff but never heard this, or even heard of it. Can someone post a soundclip.

Is it one of their early discs?

Jocko see my post no.8 sound file there mate. It was their first recording. :lol:

Edited by quinvy
Social source share

Big Bad Danny pirate.gif persuaded me to part with mine (ex cond) for £50 as it "books" at £85.

post-1903-1244575216_thumb.jpg :yes: He saw you coming there mate....

To be honest John [ laugh.gif ha ha honest John], Marc was playing it before us....

hello,big bad danny here smile.gif to be fair john when you sold it to me i knew about as much as you did about this 45, i had only heard it played out once when cliff played it at burnley :lol:

Social source share

I put it out on tapes around the early 90,s when Kev Barrett first came over from Canada and it was in the huge batch of 45,s he brought over from WSAY Radio Station i played it out a few times at Westhaughton Cricket Club and one or two other venues

but it did,nt go down very well, Kev Still has a copy as far as i know , when Kev showed it to me the first time i had never seen it before

Regards Ian C

Social source share

The one I sold to Danny :thumbsup: was part of a bundle of records I bought from a shop in Balham (Record Corner?) about 1976.

Others included Rudy Love, another that Danny :lol: mugged me for at Burnley last year and Zodiacs, Rough Nut on Zodiac which I sold to a guy in Germany last week.

I guess they were all about 25p and none of them were to my taste at the time. However as a hoarder I squirrelled them away.

I wonder what else is in that old cardboard box. :g:

See you at Burnley next week, if Danny :wub: will still give me a lift. :lol::lol::D

Social source share

The LYNDELL 45 was their second or third release, by all accounts.

Their first recording was "Stop Hurting Me" on FINE in 1965.

Seems to also be a rare one.

:thumbsup:

Sean

yes, thats their first one. Another nice deep group tune. The full story was pubilshed last year in ITB. The 45 was produced by a truck driver who used stop by when they were live on stage...he brought them to FINE recordings, promised them a lot and recorded them. They never heard from and about him or about the 45 again once it was done. Sounds oh so familiar, doesn`t it.

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Source Advert