Played From The Heart /for The Heart

Guest Mick Donnelly

Scrub the earlier playlist I've picked up a long, long, long time want and a stash of top latin tunes. Don't know what to do now. I'm all confused. Please help me decide.

tell you what ... heads says you stick to your first set, tails you play the new stuff LOL

• Replies 95
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I know that feeling . I usually have all my records listed in a playlist in itunes and draw from that as to what flows . I can spend hours moving sounds around lol. Now you can afford this luxury if you are on early he he he .

Now last night i went to the actual playbox and found stuff that I had picked up that I had forgotten I had.

I think the best way to handle this is to apply some self control and go through the play box weeding out what you don't want to play.

Thing is guys I know your style , all of you , and you can do no worng in my book as long as you play with your hearts. Having shared most your buys already I know what to expect.

I know that feeling . I usually have all my records listed in a playlist in itunes and draw from that as to what flows . I can spend hours moving sounds around lol. Now you can afford this luxury if you are on early he he he .

Now last night i went to the actual playbox and found stuff that I had picked up that I had forgotten I had.

I think the best way to handle this is to apply some self control and go through the play box weeding out what you don't want to play.

Thing is guys I know your style , all of you , and you can do no worng in my book as long as you play with your hearts. Having shared most your buys already I know what to expect.

Carms

I used to really work my spots out before I djed but I've moved away from that these days as doing that never seemed to work for me as I just never stuck to it ??? I now put in my playbox what I want to play & take stuff out I know I probably won't play & then just focus on my first couple of records then go with the flow after that.What I do like to do is get to a venue early hear what's been played & hear what's going down well,then go from there.........not rocket science but works for me :lol:

Had a little look through a few records today myself but still not decided,no doubt it'll change a few times between now & the 15th :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

Carms

I used to really work my spots out before I djed but I've moved away from that these days as doing that never seemed to work for me as I just never stuck to it ??? I now put in my playbox what I want to play & take stuff out I know I probably won't play & then just focus on my first couple of records then go with the flow after that.What I do like to do is get to a venue early hear what's been played & hear what's going down well,then go from there.........not rocket science but works for me thumbsup.gif

Had a little look through a few records today myself but still not decided,no doubt it'll change a few times between now & the 15th thumbup.gif

Cheers

Martyn

I remember horrifying a guy from Glasgow on KTF once ( I have forgotten his name ) he used to go under the name of the white rabbiit Harvey. He did a regular gig near the Ubiquitus chip just outside the city ...anyway he said to me how can you plan your set before you have even got through the door Carmen.

Thing is the few times I have played records I have always more or less done it this way, ending up playing at least 70% of what was intended.

I like to build too , starting slow and building speed up... bit like makin lurrrrve.

Oh you wanna hear the Limeliters "don't leave me baby" at 4am mate its magical.... those doo do doooos are just ACE ! do you know anyone that has one of these ?

Big thanks to Mike for fixing my drivers good.gif

later

tell you what ... heads says you stick to your first set, tails you play the new stuff LOL

Mick, guess what? The coin landed on its side. Now what's the chances of that, eh? :thumbsup: Also just won the most rip roaringly raucous slab of RnB from ebay I'm hoping will be here for next week. Even more confused now. I'm with Martyn on the selections tho - watch the crowd to work out just the first record and take it from there.

A few of Mick Humphries potential plays

4 picks for R&BElla Johnson - "good bye baby" (Wing)

Do Do green - "Hold on" (Time)Little Milton-"lonely no more" (Checker) Katherine Holt - "My Love" (Booker) 4 picks for soul Carlena Waever "Jealousy" (audel)Sweet Three "You're after my guy" (Decca)Willie tee "first taste of hurt" (Gatur)Fantaisions "Unnecessary tears" (Dimension)

I remember horrifying a guy from Glasgow on KTF once ( I have forgotten his name ) he used to go under the name of the white rabbiit Harvey. He did a regular gig near the Ubiquitus chip just outside the city ...anyway he said to me how can you plan your set before you have even got through the door Carmen.

Thing is the few times I have played records I have always more or less done it this way, ending up playing at least 70% of what was intended.

I like to build too , starting slow and building speed up... bit like makin lurrrrve.

Oh you wanna hear the Limeliters "don't leave me baby" at 4am mate its magical.... those doo do doooos are just ACE ! do you know anyone that has one of these ?

Big thanks to Mike for fixing my drivers good.gif

later

Carms

I think he has a point,especially if you don't frequent the venue.............no good playing R n B at a modern night.............god I'd love to do that diablo.gif

Limelighters top tune,don't have one or know anyone with one...................yet :shades:

I've decided to do my playbox Thursday as if I do it before I'll only start swapping & changing,so leave it late & only have time for a couple of swapping around sessions at 3 in the morning :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Guest Mick Donnelly

Have we heard if Noggs is gonna be there on the 15 th ??

Torchboy x

Nige..... Nothing definite yet .. but he ooh so wants to be there .. time will tell and we'll see if the recuperation goes to plan

mick

Big thank you to all you kind collectors that have donated the following for the event soul pack

Dee Dee Warwick - Do it with all your Heart - Blue Rock

First choice - This is the house that love died - Hilly Groove records

Ruby Andrews - I've got a bone to pick with you

Barbara Mason - Bobby is my Baby -Artic

The Adventurers - It's alright - Ran -Dee

Sleepy King - Lost Man - Awake

Troy Dodds - Trying to Find my baby - Baytown

Ramsey Lewis - Wade in the water - Cadet

The Showstoppers - Ain't nothing but a house party - Beacon

The Valli Boys - Night Hawk - Smash

The Salvadors - Stick by me baby - Sevens

Sidney Barnes - Standing on Guard - MWI

Reuben Bell - baby Love - De luxe

Bessie Banks - Go Now - Tiger Records

Jimmy Ruffin - Farewell is a lonely sound - Soul

Blinky & Edwin Star- Oh how Happy

Jnr Walker & the All Stars - Greatest Hits - Tamla Motown

Less then a week to go,can't wait.Speaking to a few last night at Morley Carr who said they are coming,so looks like it's gonna be a packer.Easy to see why as the line up has something for everyone.With Steve (Hiscock) coming from Gateshead.....sorry Newcastle wicked.gif & Warren coming from down sarf it's North meets South.........in the Midlands biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Cheers

Martyn

Can;t make it, but wish all connected with this event a super day/night.

Carms, Mick has a brown envelope for the pot plus raffle prize, a signed copy of my latest book Boyd, Sweat and Beers. I do hope a Northampton fan wins it.

https://www.peterboro...h39s.5494761.jp

Thats very kind of you Paul , big thanks for that.

Had some great news in this morning as well as Two Torch Tickets as a prize John Poole has donated a Chalet for 4 for the Chuck Jackson gig in October at Prestayne.

Thats very kind of you Paul , big thanks for that.

Had some great news in this morning as well as Two Torch Tickets as a prize John Poole has donated a Chalet for 4 for the Chuck Jackson gig in October at Prestayne.

Heard From Kev today hes already given Sandra some Goldsoul tickets for the Next Whitby Weekender too!!

This is great!! Nice buzz goin down now for Next Sat

Nige B

For the shoppers , this is on route if you want to shop and lunch prior to the 5pm start.

https://www.mcarthurg...lands/index.htm

That's what you get at the East Midland Designer Outlet. Over 70 of the UK's best-loved labels at permanently reduced prices. Take your pick from Calvin Klein Jeans, Next Clearance, Marks & Spencer, Clarks, Revlon, Jaeger, Mexx, adidas, Tula and Reebok

Edited by Carms

Also just a reminder we have a room leading off the main room and bar which is for Record and Merchandise Sellers!!

There is no real charge for a table but a donation to the fund would be nice!

Some table have been booked already!! PM Carms if ya interested

Dealers from the Black Music Fair at morelands are most welcolm but we do have limited space!!

Torchboy

Well the weather does not look too promissing for the weekend so I really don't think there will be a barbeque .

So I would have a hot meal on the way to the venue if you are wise. They will have what they call cobs available for purchase.

Pub wise you would probably better off going towards Alfreton I would guess to grab a pub lunch although there is the Hilcote Arms.

Could do with someone local putting in a few suggestions on this one.

To sum up the main prizes so far :

2 Torch Tickets

2 Whitby Tickets

A chalet for 4 to see Chuck Jackson in October - Given in memory of Nige Shaw

Given from the Heart "Donated soul pack" Given by soulies in memory of specific people/relatives that are now dancing at a higher level.

Ok rule for the day ENJOY ! remember this has been contributed by all involved for FREE and what you give is ALL going to the Britich Heart Foundation.

Now for the accounting bit ....

There will be Gift aid certs on the door if you wish fill them in , other than that we will group all funds together and issue one certificate.

There is no way the tax man is getting 28p in every pound that we have donated.

Letters confirming funds received by the BHF will be scanned and posted in due course.

So Over to you now , we have done our bit , well nearly ...Lets go baby where the action is !

Guest Ranger

Anyone else staying in the Derbyshire Hotel?

Some good deals there at the moment. We decided to make a long weekend of it and managed to get a double room b&b for under £40 a night. If you fancy a one night stay you can get a double, half board for £69. You need to use the code TRAZOOD.

Oh, and a relaxing visit to Chatsworth house on the way home on Sunday. Book online use code MOVIEMAP1 and get an adult ticket for less than half price.

Register with McArthur Glenn online and get a 10% off voucher to download.

So with all the money I've saved you, buy more raffle tickets and support a good cause. thumbup.gif

Kev

Guest Mick Donnelly

Anyone else staying in the Derbyshire Hotel?

Some good deals there at the moment. We decided to make a long weekend of it and managed to get a double room b&b for under £40 a night. If you fancy a one night stay you can get a double, half board for £69. You need to use the code TRAZOOD.

Oh, and a relaxing visit to Chatsworth house on the way home on Sunday. Book online use code MOVIEMAP1 and get an adult ticket for less than half price.

Register with McArthur Glenn online and get a 10% off voucher to download.

So with all the money I've saved you, buy more raffle tickets and support a good cause. thumbup.gif

Kev

Quite a few actually yes.gif I know if at least four couples who'll be propping the bar up for a nightcap thumbsup.gif

For the shoppers , this is on route if you want to shop and lunch prior to the 5pm start.

https://www.mcarthurg...lands/index.htm

That's what you get at the East Midland Designer Outlet. Over 70 of the UK's best-loved labels at permanently reduced prices. Take your pick from Calvin Klein Jeans, Next Clearance, Marks & Spencer, Clarks, Revlon, Jaeger, Mexx, adidas, Tula and Reebok

I dare ANYONE to shop there before my missus , she stalks the fookin place .

Right on my door step is this one , needless to say I'll be there

Ok Dj times we open up at 5pm Saturday

To Kick start the event we Have

Mike Humphries at 5 to 6

Steve Hiscock our Angel of the North 6 to 7

Nogsy Mark Newman fresh out of hospital and raring to go 7 to 8

Mick the Don from Peterborough & special guest 8 - 9

That nutter from Hull Martyn B 9 -10

The boggie woogi man Warren 10 -11

Browny & Carms DD 11-12

Mick Moylan 12 -1 with a slight interuption form me to thank you all for coming

one rule ENJOY !

Team logo is a babies head ... which means keep an open mind the music policy is FRESH !

Edited by Carms

Ok Dj times we open up at 5pm Saturday

To Kick start the event we Have

Mike Humphries at 5 to 6

Steve Hiscock our Angel of the North 6 to 7

Nogsy Mark Newman fresh out of hospital and raring to go 7 to 8

Mick the Don from Peterborough & special guest 8 - 9

That nutter from Hull Martyn B 9 -10

The boggie woogi man Warren 10 -11

Browny & Carms DD 11-12

Mick Moylan 12 -1 with a slight interuption form me to thank you all for coming

one rule ENJOY !

Team logo is a babies head ... which means keep an open mind the music policy is FRESH !

The Collectors Item T Shirt!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

post-1851-12501759493064_thumb.jpg

post-1851-12501759493064_thumb.jpg

We'll be along to wet the babies head Nige.

LOL be a lot of wet heads i hope this afternoon/nightwhistling

Had a couple of calls from Paul Gauld from Burton hes Donating a Doule CD containing Originals from his vast collection,,,,, keep those donations for the raffle coming in,,, im sure Ian Gees bring us summatt nice too!!:thumbup:

Wont be long now!!

Torchboy x

There will be a request suggestion box at the side of the stage for those that may have a request /dedication, with a pad and pencil .

If you put a request in the box it may not be played by the current dj playing as he or she may not have that sound. Please be patient and hopefully the following dj will have your request.

All Dj's will look in the box from time to time.

Hughie Green whistling.gif no I want to be monica !

really looking forward to this:D. me old man is going to spin a few tunes. it'll be nice to see me old muckers carms and nige. as well as the attic boys and the ever gorgeous warren. not forgetting me old shopping buddy noggs:D

Just about to hit the road down to Gloucester in prep for the All Niter Tonite!!

I would like to thank Carmen for all her work for getting an idea she had months ago off the ground and having the Balls to follow through with it!!

Also to the Moylans for the loan of there LOvely Venue, Mick and Lucy Don for the fantastic flyers and publicty, everyone who has contributed raffle prizes , ALL the DJs for giving there time and playing us some top draw tunes!!

If ive missed owt im sure Carms will add the bits i missed!!

The responce has been grear i think,, Please Please Please try to come and support us !!

If ya going to the Black Music Record fair at Morelands spread the word that we are on up the Road Staghight after the Record Fair Finishes!!

All respect to Any other East Mids Dos on Tommorow night ,,, this is a ONE OFF we are not trying to Compete With Yas!!

In fact i know for a fact theres a few coming to the Dayer and Travelling on later ,,,, Thats great and thanks for your support!!

My shared set with Carmen is dedicated to NIGEL SHAW who i still miss terribly to this day,,, his Hat will be on the mixer when im DJin

Id love to see as many as poss there,,, weve all gotta heart lets use ours with love tomorrow!!

Seeya @the Go Go

Nige B x

Edited by Torchboy

There will be a request suggestion box at the side of the stage for those that may have a request /dedication, with a pad and pencil .

If you put a request in the box it may not be played by the current dj playing as he or she may not have that sound. Please be patient and hopefully the following dj will have your request.

All Dj's will look in the box from time to time.

Hughie Green whistling.gif no I want to be monica !

You might regret that suggestion box later when the Guiness kicks inlaugh.gif .Patience is my middle name.yes.gif

Guest Mick Donnelly

You might regret that suggestion box later when the Guiness kicks inlaugh.gif .Patience is my middle name.:yes:

be good to see you guys down there ... looking forward to it

Well the day is here ...a couple of words to recap on the days proceedings before I dissappear into the shower and prepare for tonight

The carms group is an internet group who are passionate about their music, they get together once a year to have their annual bash, celebrate the music we all love and raise the odd glass to friends who are no longer with us.

Previous years have always been entertaining with members from all over the country attending but we always considered it a shame that others outside the group didn't really get the opportunity to particiapte .... not so this year, as Carms (our Mistress :thumbsup:) has invited those from outside the group to take part in what is genuinly a warm and pleasurable experience, with the added bonus of all monies raised going to the British Heart Foundation.

8 hours of music, oodles of beer and a thought for those who can only be with us in spirit .. simple

£5.00 to gets you in .. starts at five ... would be great to see ya there:D

details below

be good to see you guys down there ... looking forward to it

Well the day is here ...a couple of words to recap on the days proceedings before I dissappear into the shower and prepare for tonight

The carms group is an internet group who are passionate about their music, they get together once a year to have their annual bash, celebrate the music we all love and raise the odd glass to friends who are no longer with us.

Previous years have always been entertaining with members from all over the country attending but we always considered it a shame that others outside the group didn't really get the opportunity to particiapte .... not so this year, as Carms (our Mistress :yes:) has invited those from outside the group to take part in what is genuinly a warm and pleasurable experience, with the added bonus of all monies raised going to the British Heart Foundation.

8 hours of music, oodles of beer and a thought for those who can only be with us in spirit .. simple

£5.00 to gets you in .. starts at five ... would be great to see ya there:D

details below

See ya later Mick, Some drinkin' & drivin' goin on - Bigpauls driving so I'm drinkin':thumbup::beer: Looking forward to it mate

Edited by Life O' Reilly
Guest Mick Donnelly

See ya later Mick, Some drinkin' & drivin' goin on - Bigpauls driving so I'm drinkin':yes:beer.gif Looking forward to it mate

Don't forget your flyers :thumbsup:

Source Advert