Simsy

Magnetics - Lady in green  

1. 1. Lady in green good/bad?

• Awesome super rare monster, love it!
    • Don't care how rare, utter tosh!
    • Would like to own one, but wouldn't dance to it
    • Not really fussed either way

Hi Ted

Harpo's your man to ask about Chris Plant the last I heard of him someone bumped into him working for a waste management company. Harpo's Old Vic Reunion's always clash with Cleethorpe's so sadly always miss 'em.

In the early 80's Chris was right up there with the best of them, and the old Vic was probably the leading soul night in the countrywith Chris as the main man. Didn't you get Larry Clinton off him. He sold the remainder of his collection to John Anderson.

Dave Welding

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Ted

Harpo's your man to ask about Chris Plant the last I heard of him someone bumped into him working for a waste management company. Harpo's Old Vic Reunion's always clash with Cleethorpe's so sadly always miss 'em.

In the early 80's Chris was right up there with the best of them, and the old Vic was probably the leading soul night in the countrywith Chris as the main man. Didn't you get Larry Clinton off him. He sold the remainder of his collection to John Anderson.

Dave Welding

No mine came from Clarlie wish i still had it. i bought a few things of Chris but he had sold quite a few by the time i got there used to have a flat in a transport depot in Walsall

Edited by Tedsoul
Social source share

remember Sam playing this at Nottm Palais and hearing it at Stafford a bit later. Always sounded messy to me. to this day its not one of my faves. Vocals too overpowering , not enough of the backing track apart from the keyboard riff.

having said that, i enjoyed the youtube link of them doing it live. very nice, probably better than the original recording in my opinion

Social source share

Guest franky m

15 folks with taste,85 sheep laugh.gif

the slowed down vocal , storming backing and muted brass make this something special , deroit at is best ,,

Edited by franky m
Social source share

If there was a box that simply read: "Awesome, love it!", then I'd vote

but the "super rare monster" bit turns me off voting, because that's not what attracted me.

Love the main vocal and backing harmonies, quirky tempo and uplifting roller-coaster flow of this track.

Here's the rehearsal I caught at Prestatyn (apologies for the wabble in my walk towards the stage):

m

Social source share

If there was a box that simply read: "Awesome, love it!", then I'd vote

but the "super rare monster" bit turns me off voting, because that's not what attracted me.

Love the main vocal and backing harmonies, quirky tempo and uplifting roller-coaster flow of this track.

Here's the rehearsal I caught at Prestatyn (apologies for the wabble in my walk towards the stage):

m

Awesome, love it! - wobble an' all

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert